Serious question for Catholics

blue-clouds-day-fluffy-53594.jpeg

Anyone else see me banging Veronica Vaughn here? Not sure how much more i have to prove that me and her got it on!!!

Stop acting like a retard. The OP clearly has elongated eyes and a set of fangs. Can you at least admit you see that.. you retard?

St Paul VI audience hall:

w91lnjown5zy.jpg

Does this look like a serpent to anyone else, and if so... Why build the building this way? Genuinely curious.

28777594eb8f4e321aa60bfdc23179a3--vatican-city-roman.jpg
Maybe its secretly a giant snake mech built to battle the Anti-Christ when he returns and this is just the head of that mech.
7bee30770942fe318b31aa08d919da70--animation-d-shadowrun.jpg

Statue is creepy, but is that because its made from bronze? If it were made from marble (impossible to do probably) it would seem much more majestic and less ominous, but isn't it depicting JC's defeat of death and his resurrection? What am I missing?

"The Resurrection (La Resurrezione) is an 800-quintal (8 metric ton) bronze/copper-alloy[1] sculpture by Pericle Fazzini in the Paul VI Audience Hall in Rome.[2][3] Intended to capture the anguish of 20th century mankind living under the threat of nuclear war,[1]La Resurrezione depicts Jesus rising from a nuclear crater in the Garden of Gethsemane."

Seems legit.

What about Satanism?
Satanism is the latest cool kid hipster thing. "It's like wow man it's so cool that we can have the church of Satan open in prayer at government meetings and have satanic symbols in like public spaces." Lots of people said their first prayer when jumping out of a burning building (911) or being shelled in a fox hole. Wonder how many were to datt devil doe?

pump the brakes there buddy. western civ might still be illiterate goons without them. the catholic church was nursemaid to literacy and science. i know more of the bad shit they did than most, but id still say theyve been an overall net gain for humanity.

as for the symbolism in the OP and elsewhere......it could very well be just coincidence, and an unusual number of people wanting to read and project evil shit onto it.

Have to agree with you. I've hung out with some very knowledgeable and intelligent Catholics . One guy is a surgeon and knows his stuff. Pointed me to some interesting literature. Can't find any holes in this one.

https://books.google.com/books?id=j...ce=gbs_ge_summary_r&cad=0#v=onepage&q&f=false

"Ask someone today where Western Civilization originated, and he or she might say Greece or Rome. But what is the ultimate source of Western Civilization? Bestselling author and professor Thomas E. Woods, Jr. provides the long neglected answer: the Catholic Church. In the new paperback edition of his critically-acclaimed book, How the Catholic Church Built Western Civilization, Woods goes far beyond the familiar tale of monks copying manuscripts and preserving the wisdom of classical antiquity. Gifts such as modern science, free-market economics, art, music, and the idea of human rights come from the Catholic Church, explains Woods. In How the Catholic Church Built Western Civilization, you’ll learn:
  • Why modern science was born in the Catholic Church
  • How Catholic priests developed the idea of free-market economics five hundred years before Adam Smith
  • How the Catholic Church invented the university
  • Why what you know about the Galileo affair is wrong
  • How Western law grew out of Church canon law
  • How the Church humanized the West by insisting on the sacredness of all human life

No institution has done more to shape Western civilization than the two-thousand-year-old Catholic Church—and in ways that many of us have forgotten or never known. How the Catholic Church Built Western Civilization is essential reading for recovering this lost truth."

Last edited:
Here is a interview with the author.

Edit to add- Just about ran over a couple of Finn whales while I was posting this, on wheel watch, that was wild.

Have to agree with you. I've hung out with some very knowledgeable and intelligent Catholics . One guy is a surgeon and knows his stuff. Pointed me to some interesting literature. Can't find any holes in this one.

https://books.google.com/books?id=j...ce=gbs_ge_summary_r&cad=0#v=onepage&q&f=false

"Ask someone today where Western Civilization originated, and he or she might say Greece or Rome. But what is the ultimate source of Western Civilization? Bestselling author and professor Thomas E. Woods, Jr. provides the long neglected answer: the Catholic Church. In the new paperback edition of his critically-acclaimed book, How the Catholic Church Built Western Civilization, Woods goes far beyond the familiar tale of monks copying manuscripts and preserving the wisdom of classical antiquity. Gifts such as modern science, free-market economics, art, music, and the idea of human rights come from the Catholic Church, explains Woods. In How the Catholic Church Built Western Civilization, you’ll learn:
  • Why modern science was born in the Catholic Church
  • How Catholic priests developed the idea of free-market economics five hundred years before Adam Smith
  • How the Catholic Church invented the university
  • Why what you know about the Galileo affair is wrong
  • How Western law grew out of Church canon law
  • How the Church humanized the West by insisting on the sacredness of all human life

No institution has done more to shape Western civilization than the two-thousand-year-old Catholic Church—and in ways that many of us have forgotten or never known. How the Catholic Church Built Western Civilization is essential reading for recovering this lost truth."

right.

when rome fell, there was literally no government for all of europe. the catholic church was the only institution that kept europe from basically becoming completely tribal again. they did some of the more brutal shit in history to make that happen over the centuries, but we've reaped the benefits.

Back