Serious Question About Ronda...

Ronda is a great host. Her engagement with her teams on BOTNS is actually quite compelling. I could see her getting more hosting gigs.

How come we all trash Ronda Rousey for how long it took for her to bounce back from the Holly loss or for possibly not returning after a second loss to Nunes, but we never trash Gina Carano? Gina still has fights left on her contract since her 2009 loss to Cyborg. She has hinted at returning a number of times, but really she had one loss and quit. At least Ronda got up and tried again.
Because Gina wasn't billed as a once-ever superhero fighter and the mentally toughest person in the sport and all the complete bullshit they said about Rousey.

Because Gina wasn't billed as a once-ever superhero fighter and the mentally toughest person in the sport and all the complete bullshit they said about Rousey.
They couldn't say that about Gina though, she was can crushing.

Because Carano is hotter, a better sport and better liked, wasn't as overhyped, and lost to a chemically male opponent.

None of that occurred to you?
Besides the chemically make part, this. Ronda is one of the biggest sore losers in sports history, and literally can't face defeat, and runs out of the cage, doesn't congratulate her opponent like a mature adult, and pouts like a little baby when she loses.

She literally can't handle a loss, and seriously doesn't have a championship heart, spirit, or mentality. It's shockingly sad and bad how mentally weak, and how much of a front runner/bully she is. Also, talked so much shit, treated others like crap, and seriously thought she was a goddess.

Gina is no hotter than Ronda tbh slightly above average Id say 6/10.

Besides the chemically make part, this. Ronda is one of the biggest sore losers in sports history, and literally can't face defeat, and runs out of the cage, doesn't congratulate her opponent like a mature adult, and pouts like a little baby when she loses.

She literally can't handle a loss, and seriously doesn't have a championship heart, spirit, or mentality. It's shockingly sad and bad how mentally weak, and how much of a front runner/bully she is. Also, talked so much shit, treated others like crap, and seriously thought she was a goddess.
That was the Holly loss. She stayed in the cage after the Nunes loss. That's like if you were to say all that stuff about Forrest because he ran out of the cage after the Silva loss. Ronda had 2 losses and handled one badly. Gina had one loss and has never been back in the cage.

It wasn't really the fact that Ronda (has likely) quit after two losses, but more the idea of a fall from grace that was partly built on a foundation of things most red-blooded men hate (hyperbole, irrational hype, feminism, etc...) combined with the fact that Ronda wasn't exactly the most gracious of fighters or champions.

Everything about Gina was dialed down to 3, and she generally seems like a humble and cool person.

Those things matter.
All that said Gina had no reason to be anything but humble. She had one good win and was never a champion or even really committed to a weight class. In all honesty she was the definition of a hype train. Again thought I'm not intending to hate on her I'm just looking at the fact that she lost and quit as we thought Ronda did before she came back and fought Nunes.

Are you sure about the overhyped part? Saxton was Gina's best best win. She was on a 5 fight win streak. Maxwell was brand new. Evinger, Kedwhatever and Kaitlin Young were all coming off a loss and Kobold was coming off 2 losses. We all know Cyborg is a dude and we all know Holly was brought in and groomed to beat Ronda. All I'm asking is why Carano gets a pass for quitting.

I've never heard anyone call Carano the GOAT or a once in ever athlete, I've never heard anyone claim that she could beat boxing champion or male fighters heavier than her. People liked her without having to claim that she was Wonderwoman. Also she lost to Cyborg who is still riding on the same winning streak and not Holm who went 1-3 since.

Also she had a very good excuse for leaving MMA since she actually got a decent acting career, and not just a bunch of god awful cameos where she couldn't even play her own role.

The answer to your question is that there are are no more serious questions about Ronda and Ronda did that to herself buy buying into the nonsense and treating people like garbage because of it...You cannot take someone seriously who was calling her fallen opponents DNB's, then gets destroyed so leaves to Do Nothing but cook dinners for Travis Browne.

Gina always seemed down to earth, which contrary to what people say can in fact go a long way in life.
<7>
Also...Gina is hot as fuck and a hot girl with a great personality beats a bulldog face stinking attitude in the eyes of the people.
<{smellit?}>

PS...Any form of Gina bashing on Sherdog should be an instant ban, IP address recorded, mods on you like Mayweather Voltron goons and possible jail time.

Last edited:
Because nobody wanted to see poor sweet Gina get wrecked by Borg, but she was a fighter and she took the fight.
Everyone wanted to see Ronda get wrecked by Borg, she ducked, pussed out, and now we will never get to see it happen.
Ronda is the greatest disappointment of our generation.

That was the Holly loss. She stayed in the cage after the Nunes loss. That's like if you were to say all that stuff about Forrest because he ran out of the cage after the Silva loss. Ronda had 2 losses and handled one badly. Gina had one loss and has never been back in the cage.

Are you kidding me? She had to stay for the hand raising. She left immediately afterwards with no post fight interview, the most reluctant congrats to Amanda, head down, looked like a lost child, no post fight press conference, not a peep on her social media, nothing.

In fact, her and her team actually tell talk shows not to ask any questions about fighting, her losses, her fight career, nothing about MMA or the UFC. That's freaking mind boggling. The only reason why anyone even remotely cares about her is because of MMA and the UFC.

Because nobody wanted to see poor sweet Gina get wrecked by Borg, but she was a fighter and she took the fight.
Everyone wanted to see Ronda get wrecked by Borg, she ducked, pussed out, and now we will never get to see it happen.
Ronda is the greatest disappointment of our generation.
The first launch of the iphone 5 (the one that dropped calls just by holding it), That's My Boy, or even Windows Vista or 8 (take your pick) could qualify as the greatest disappointments, but not a female champ in a B sport (I love mma, but it's no FIFA, F1, NFL, MLB or Tennis)

When Rhonda was "on top" she was the most obnoxious fighter I've ever seen, more than Tito

Ronda was mainstream in everyones face and disappeared overnight. Gina wasnt as mainstream and after her loss was actually given hollywood roles, american gladiator etc. So she had stuff to do. Ronda is still doing stuff, but asking not to be asked about fighting etc. Its just childish.

Are you sure about the overhyped part? Saxton was Gina's best best win. She was on a 5 fight win streak. Maxwell was brand new. Evinger, Kedwhatever and Kaitlin Young were all coming off a loss and Kobold was coming off 2 losses. We all know Cyborg is a dude and we all know Holly was brought in and groomed to beat Ronda. All I'm asking is why Carano gets a pass for quitting.
HH brought in and groomed to beat RR? That is highly debatable. HH was offered the fight with RR on short notice after HH had only 2 less than stellar wins in the UFC. If anything, the UFC matched HH with RR before HH was ready in hopes Rousey could demolish a pro boxer to build up Rousey's hype even more (Rousey was put on the cover of Ring magazine before the fight, not former boxing champ Holm). Holm talks about being offered the fight on short notice, but took it anyway because of the confidence she had in herself. Judging by Dana's face after Holm's win over Rousey, the UFC was not grooming Holm to beat Rousey. Good luck finding support for that argument.

More than Tito, but less than Conor I'm sure.

Even though I'm not a Conor fan, at least he has a charm to him, and seriously doesn't give a fuck about being politically correct.

Ronda tried to pander to her liberal, girl power fans way too much, and it was so see through. She was a true exploiter.

Back