[serious post] need "family friendly" movie suggestions

The Princess Bride, My Cousin Vinny, and Groundhog Day are a few bona-fide classics that anyone from a 12 year old to grandma can enjoy.

1_Inconceivable.jpg

Gkrr.gif

Back to the future, Ferris bueller's day off, what about Bob, home alone 1 and 2

Kids movies: Home Alone series
Comedy: Jim Carrey's back catalogue. The Mask, Ace Ventura, The Grinch, etc.
Romantic Comedy: Audition
Pixar movies

The Never Ending Story is on Netflix....

Gotta tell you, a few weeks ago me and my boys went on an Indiana Jones marathon and they absolutely loved them. My oldest even went as Indiana Jones yesterday for Halloween.

Was kind of cool how those movies hold up to different generations because they are some of my favorites (minus the last one).

Gonna say the princess bride as well. The breakfast club maybe? A young teen may enjoy that. The lost boys. The outsiders. Turbo kid (no sex, lotsa violence n gore tho lol but it’s fun!), stand by me (this should be a good one for a thirteen year old).

How bout we just raise your children so you don't have to?

Trying asking your child.

I always find it amusing how parents want to shield their kids from sex but not violence. Deadpool? You gotta be kidding me. You're okay with your 13 year old seeing heads getting chopped off but sex is off the table?
Thank you. I was just about to say that...

a lil story

I had a co employee who went through a similar situation when he was in his teens

Said that everytime a romantic/sexual scene would come about in a show or movie

If his parents were in the room with him they would switch it off until it's over

Said to this day.. I think he's in his late 20's now.. his parents still do that and how he's traumatized by it and that they don't even have to turn it off and that he'll just look away because he feels so awkward and uncomfortable...

He was a cool dude but you can tell he's a little bit off and I'm guessing it's because of full retarded shit like that

TS need to realize at this rate Norman bates should be coming into his existence

Human Centipede - fun Pixar movie about a boy who becomes a centipede and then the zany adventures he has.
Gummo - coming of age story.
The Deer Hunter - 6 close friends in a small Pennsylvania town learn to cope with love, life, and loss.

As ol' Jack Burton would say, "Stick with the classics baby"
big-trouble-in-little-china.jpg

Thanks for the suggestions, first off to those wondering why I don't want movies with sex scenes, is because my 13 yr old is a girl, and I just don't feel like exposing her to movies with some fucking going on. We're fine with the kissing scenes, but I'd rather not let her see some one fucking doggy style or some shit. I remember us watching the minority report and there was a scene there where tom was hiding in the bath tub, and some couple in the room was fucking. it was a bit awkward. I just don't feel comfortable with it yet, and she's at the point where they have sex education classes at school anyway.

Violence on the other hand is fine in my opinion, as long as it's not too much. My daughter trains in taekwondo and she'll be having boxing lessons this summer. I know movies are not a real representation of real life violence, but part of the reason we're fine with violence is to somehow expose her to fighting/self defense. The world is a fucking violent place and I think it's necessary for kids to understand how to fight. I of course explain which parts of the fighting in movies are realistic and which are not.

Land of the Lost
Karate Kid original
School of Rock
Elf
Night at the Museum
Harry Potter
Gremlins
Goonies
Was able to watch School of Rock, elf, night at the museum and harry potter. I'm hesitant about the Gremlins because I don't think the graphics are that good by today's standards.. :D Karate kid is cool though

How is your kid with subtitles?
If he’s cool with em some good foreign movies that kick ass.
Hard Boiled, The Killer, A Better Tomorrow basically best of chow yuan fat.
She's completely cool with subtitles. We're actually planning to watch this recent Godzilla japanese anime which looks really cool. Thanks for the suggestions!

Back