Serious nutrition info for vegans?!

It's 2018 and people are still talking about incomplete proteins?

It's 2018 and people are still talking about incomplete proteins?

Hearsay bs that gets parroted around by dudebros who have done 0 research. All vegan sources of proteins are complete, they don't lack any amino acid, the only incomplete source of protein is gelatin which lacks tryptophan. Go on cronometer.com (a website that shows you in detail the amino acid profile of any food you choose) and find me one food with an incomplete amino acid profile that's not gelatin.

Hearsay bs that gets parroted around by dudebros who have done 0 research. All vegan sources of proteins are complete, they don't lack any amino acid, the only incomplete source of protein is gelatin which lacks tryptophan. Go on cronometer.com (a website that shows you in detail the amino acid profile of any food you choose) and find me one food with an incomplete amino acid profile that's not gelatin.

Reading your posts in this thread and you seem quite knowledgeable on the subject.

Did you undergo formal education or work in the industry?

So how about the animals and entire eco systems being destroyed to grow your grains and soy?
The vast (and I mean vast) majority of soy gets fed to livestock, most of it going to pigs and chickens.

If you read up on this subject you will find that meat consumption is huge driver of climate change and has been for decades.

I want my 4g of leucine.
I remember back when Leucine as a stand alone supplement started to really be looked at. People were excited about the potential. Do/did you notice a difference when you began trying to get 4g a day?

The vast (and I mean vast) majority of soy gets fed to livestock, most of it going to pigs and chickens.

If you read up on this subject you will find that meat consumption is huge driver of climate change and has been for decades.
I forgot the exact figures but apparently the amount of water needed to produce just 1 kilo of beef is staggering. Like, totally unsustainable.

First make them buy green fucking vegan protein powder and tell them to make it with soy milk. There are few other vegan sources for protein such as tofu, beans throw in some good dishes like oatmeal and rices those are really beneficial regardless if you vegan or not.

cronometer requires an account to use, here's an open public source

https://tools.myfooddata.com/meal-p...=11233-11233-11622&serv=wt1-wt1-wt1&qty=1-1-1

Kale.

99 g kale, 113 mg isoluecine, 96 mg phenylalinine, and only 18 mg methionine.

Complete essential amino acid sets still real. Forksoverknives and other popular vegan info outlets preach that they don't exist but then they advise a diet that would meet those requirements for variety of protein sources and total nutritional intake.

You can ignore them by meeting them without thinking about it when eating a vegetarian diet rich in plant based proteins where each meal includes multiple sources of protein with complimenting amino acid sets.

And if you don't do that and try to stick with single source vegan proteins, you end up with metabolic problems.

Variety is the key. Kale alone is not enough.

I forgot the exact figures but apparently the amount of water needed to produce just 1 kilo of beef is staggering. Like, totally unsustainable.

Alot of that water is coming from inefficient irrigation methods used to grow alfalfa for cattle feed.

Back