Sergey Kovalev likely to return Nov. 25 on HBO

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Kovalev (30-2-1, 26 KO) doesn’t have an opponent as of now, but there are some intriguing potential options out there. One name we’ll likely hear, at least from fans hoping for a good fight, is Sullivan Barrera (20-1, 14 KO), a contender whose only loss is also to Andre Ward.

Barrera has won three straight, and impressively so, since dropping a decision to Ward in 2016. He knocked off hyped prospect Vyacheslav Shabranskyy late last year, followed that up with a win over Paul Parker, and most recently dominated Joe Smith Jr on HBO.

Anyone else get the feeling that the rest of Kovalev's career is going to be a gradual wind-down though just to fulfil his TV-contract-oligations? I mean, what's he building to now? Just trying to reclaim the titles that Ward will eventually vacate?

Yeah Kov is a bit of an anti climax for me now to be honest. Id be interested in a 3rd fight between Kov and Ward than any future Kov fights

Anyone else get the feeling that the rest of Kovalev's career is going to be a gradual wind-down though just to fulfil his TV-contract-oligations? I mean, what's he building to now? Just trying to reclaim the titles that Ward will eventually vacate?
There could be options that open up.
Kovalev-Stevenson is something that I still would want to see.

Man, loses to the best and now no interest in one of the scariest guys in boxing?

Ive been hoping to see Barrera vs Kova for quite a while. It should be a really good fight. I like Kova by late stoppage or a decision but Barrera can wreck him to the body.

Man, loses to the best and now no interest in one of the scariest guys in boxing?

Ive been hoping to see Barrera vs Kova for quite a while. It should be a really good fight. I like Kova by late stoppage or a decision but Barrera can wreck him to the body.
Kovalev-Stevenson would still be big.

Back