Sergey Kovalev approaches Conor McGregor

DeJulez

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Sergey mightve put some fear in him.
Was it cordial? Generally when someone's poking you in the chest it isn't cordial.
Conor looked a little scared.

Looks like it was cordial.
Sergey was watching the fight with him.

I'd be fucking terrified of Kovalev
in person? why? he seems like the nicest guy, when he isn't fighting.

i'd shit my pants if i had to fight him, though. that's not a place you want to find yourself in.

Sergey Kovalev would rape Conor.

Nope....didnt look too friendly.
And Connie looked a bit shook.
Yea but another video had Sergey watching the fight and taking pics with him.
So maybe it was something to the effect of "don't run your mouth about boxing and keep it just about Mayweather"

Yea but another video had Sergey watching the fight and taking pics with him.
So maybe it was something to the effect of "don't run your mouth about boxing and keep it just about Mayweather"

It was something faux friendly, for sure.
Connie looked a bit worried though. Not scared or terrified. But definitely worried.

I saw this posted in the heavies but it was a different video. I almost never check the heavies but it was linked on the homepage so I had a look and commented. Sergey is a fan of Conor, or at least is pretending to be, and wished him luck heading into his fight with Alvarez on Twitter (probably for Khabib to fight him for the title & make a lot more money). Sergey's been wanting to see Conor fight Khabib, his friend, for a while now so it may have something to do with him getting the next title shot. The chest poking is something I can't explain, and if you look at Conor's facial expression and his eyebrows, Sergey said something he apparently didn't like early on. Hmmm.

Here's another video from Fancy Combat that was posted to YouTube. I'm not too good at reading lips but I wish that we had the audio of the whole convo.

Last edited:
Honestly I bet they were telling each other to do some gestures so the people filming I think more about it than it actually is

Why is Connor a thing? He's not that good. He's not that witty.

[
Why is Connor a thing? He's not that good. He's not that witty.
For an MMA fighter, he is. (witty that is).

Think about MMA's biggest stars from the past. They have 0 personality. Connor is loud and obnoxious and it makes people listen. I agree he's a hype job but he's doing some things right. Very good self promotion.

Hard to tell if he was scared or he couldnt understand Kovalev's broken english

[

Think about MMA's biggest stars from the past. They have 0 personality. Connor is loud and obnoxious and it makes people listen. I agree he's a hype job but he's doing some things right. Very good self promotion.

Right, he's obviously doing something right. I just don't know why people go for it.

[

Yup...he's doing something right...

great at self promotion....marketing...he's a fu*king millionaire....from making 1500 purses in the UFC undercard, to being one of the top attractions in MMA.

You're absolutely right...for some reason, MMA stars for the most part lack personality, charisma...

Back