Separation anxiety from my cat

@lsa

You need some help, and you need it quickly. Try and at least focus enough to get yourself to work while seeking some counseling or a psychiatrist before you lose your job.

Did not read...just saw TS has a cat.
Cats are cool.

You have huge issues. Not only is it not healthy for you, its not healthy for the cat either. They are supposed to be independent creatures. Get some therapy and get on some meds.

You have huge issues. Not only is it not healthy for you, its not healthy for the cat either. They are supposed to be independent creatures. Get some therapy and get on some meds.

Not all cats want to be independent. I know for a fact my cat stays under the bed ALL day until I get home. Soon as he hears my car, he comes out and waits at the door for me.

Some pretty mean replies. Maybe I care too much, but maybe most pet owners just dont care nearly enough too..

Whenever I'm feeling like a lunatic, I see threads like this and realize I'm not doing that bad.

Seriously, take the advice being offered here and get some help dude. What you're doing is irrational and unhealthy.

Or you could try calling MTV2 and maybe they'll give the rest of the world an opportunity to laugh at you.

If Ts was a cat

cat_rug.jpg

Not all cats want to be independent. I know for a fact my cat stays under the bed ALL day until I get home. Soon as he hears my car, he comes out and waits at the door for me.

Some pretty mean replies. Maybe I care too much, but maybe most pet owners just dont care nearly enough too..

If that's the case it's because you fucked it up with the way you raised it. You conditioned it. And the replies may be mean but they are correct. You have a huge issue that you need to fix. This is not normal behavior. Get some therapy pronto.

No this is not a Clippy thread. I may be making a huge mistake making this thread but owell.

It causes me EXTREME anxiety being away from my house for an hour or so because I miss/worry my cat who I have raised since he was a kitten. Its so bad lately that I'm at a real threat of losing my job due to routinely coming in late or not going, all because I don't want to leave the house/him.

This also manifests its self into severe, really bad OCD. I check every single outlet in the house 50 times before leaving. I check the stove to make sure its not on(when I know for a fact it cant be) 20+ times, feeling each individual burner with my hands as well as the racks inside to make sure they aren't hot. It doesn't matter that the dials say OFF, I have to feel it with my hands..

I also lock and relock the doors dozens of times and then after locking them I still try to open them, just to make sure. I worry about someone breaking in. I dont give a shit about what they steal, I just dont want them to leave the door open and have my cat get outside and lost.

I have a family vacation coming up out of state, and I might bail even though very expensive plain tickets ect have been bought. I dont think I can be so far away from him for that long.

I've had anxiety/ocd my whole life, but its been mostly dormant until now. I'm losing my mind. I think at this point I have no choice but to invest in a really high tech camera system or web cam system and install one in each room so I can watch him on my phone no matter where I am.

Want to join the Mayberry Cat Club? @HI SCOTT NEWMAN @kevy2pale @lsa

Your cat is a nut because you raised it that way.
There is nothing normal or healthy about this. You're going to wind up getting fired and you and your kitty are going to be digging in the dumpster for food together.
Get another cat for him to have a friend. Find human friends for yourself and stop being a weirdo

No this is not a Clippy thread. I may be making a huge mistake making this thread but owell.

It causes me EXTREME anxiety being away from my house for an hour or so because I miss/worry my cat who I have raised since he was a kitten. Its so bad lately that I'm at a real threat of losing my job due to routinely coming in late or not going, all because I don't want to leave the house/him.

This also manifests its self into severe, really bad OCD. I check every single outlet in the house 50 times before leaving. I check the stove to make sure its not on(when I know for a fact it cant be) 20+ times, feeling each individual burner with my hands as well as the racks inside to make sure they aren't hot. It doesn't matter that the dials say OFF, I have to feel it with my hands..

I also lock and relock the doors dozens of times and then after locking them I still try to open them, just to make sure. I worry about someone breaking in. I dont give a shit about what they steal, I just dont want them to leave the door open and have my cat get outside and lost.

I have a family vacation coming up out of state, and I might bail even though very expensive plain tickets ect have been bought. I dont think I can be so far away from him for that long.

I've had anxiety/ocd my whole life, but its been mostly dormant until now. I'm losing my mind. I think at this point I have no choice but to invest in a really high tech camera system or web cam system and install one in each room so I can watch him on my phone no matter where I am.

This is a whole new definition to the term 'Pussy Whipped.'

I actually worry about my cat dying sometimes when she's home alone.

Last year I sort of merged into a new circle of friends, and one of the first things I did after that was adopt this kitten, and it seemed to earn me a lot of legitimacy with them. If she died the root of my current social positioning would be like, completely shot. I mean not a lot of things scream incompetence like killing a pet cat.

I also have really loose screens on my windows, which are always wide open because I don't have A/C. She's always going after the bugs that land on them, and pushing the screens out further and further.

But anyway try not to think about any of that TS, you should probably seek psychiatric assistance.

Your fixation on the wellbeing of your cat is simply a manifestation of your OCD. While there is no question that you love your cat, your atypical attachment to him/her is rooted in your OCD. Some people fixate on different things - a particular song, wearing specific articles of clothing etc.

If you haven't already, go seek medical help. OCD can certainly be managed with both pharmaceutical and behavioral therapy.

Have someone drown your cat, then you will have no reason to have anxiety at work because you know it is already dead.
Can't worry if your cat is alive if it's dead
<seedat>

I know for a fact my cat stays under the bed ALL day until I get home.

If that's true, that sounds traumatic. You should think about getting it another cat for company, it would make a huge difference in both of their lives.

Man up, you pussy.

40yearoldvirgin-chestwax.gif

Back