Separation anxiety from my cat

IloveTHIS

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
No this is not a Clippy thread. I may be making a huge mistake making this thread but owell.

It causes me EXTREME anxiety being away from my house for an hour or so because I miss/worry my cat who I have raised since he was a kitten. Its so bad lately that I'm at a real threat of losing my job due to routinely coming in late or not going, all because I don't want to leave the house/him.

This also manifests its self into severe, really bad OCD. I check every single outlet in the house 50 times before leaving. I check the stove to make sure its not on(when I know for a fact it cant be) 20+ times, feeling each individual burner with my hands as well as the racks inside to make sure they aren't hot. It doesn't matter that the dials say OFF, I have to feel it with my hands..

I also lock and relock the doors dozens of times and then after locking them I still try to open them, just to make sure. I worry about someone breaking in. I dont give a shit about what they steal, I just dont want them to leave the door open and have my cat get outside and lost.

I have a family vacation coming up out of state, and I might bail even though very expensive plain tickets ect have been bought. I dont think I can be so far away from him for that long.

I've had anxiety/ocd my whole life, but its been mostly dormant until now. I'm losing my mind. I think at this point I have no choice but to invest in a really high tech camera system or web cam system and install one in each room so I can watch him on my phone no matter where I am.

In today's liberal America, I am sure you can just see a doctor and fill out some paperwork to turn your cat into some kind of therapy animal that you can take everywhere instead of getting the mental health help that you need.

mods do not allow ts to edit this thread.
I always knew it, i always did. There's something wrong with cat people. Let everyone including other obsessed cat people see how messed up this is.

I always knew it, i always did. There's something wrong with cat people. Let everyone including other obsessed cat people see how messed up this is.
I often think I'm obsessed with my cats until I read things like this.

Fuck off. The Mayberry is a safe space.

Sorry, the Clint emoji gif was just too perfect

In all seriousness TS if this isn't a troll thread, go see a shrink, get some help. Like you said yourself it isn't remotely rational, if you are checking things 50 times all the time knowing they are fine. This isn't really about the cat, your mind is using that as an excuse to cover up something else which is wrong. A professional can help you with that.

pics of the kitty
p>
i love kittys! i have 5 kittys and i hate leaving them too, i understand bro.

Get yourself some help. This isn't healthy brah
This is an honest reply. Get some help. It has nothing to do with you having a cat. It could be a pet rock and fear you would need to check on it.

Have someone drown your cat, then you will have no reason to have anxiety at work because you know it is already dead.

Is "cat" code for something that's actually important?

Seriously, these aren't healthy feelings.

@lsa

You need some help, and you need it quickly. Try and at least focus enough to get yourself to work while seeking some counseling or a psychiatrist before you lose your job.

Ts reminds me of this.

Attachments

• giphy (29).gif
    giphy (29).gif
    340.9 KB · Views: 3
Cats are very self reliant, you need to give that cat away to a nice home and figure out what's wrong with yourself.

Came in to rub salt in the wound. Leaving peacefully instead.

The commitment this man has to his cat is inspiring. Proceed.

Back