Senior State Department officials resign after Rex Tillerson visit

dfoster

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...-resign-rex-tillerson-visit-article-1.2956338
At least four senior officials at the State Department resigned Wednesday, leaving the critical agency devoid of most of its management-level personnel ahead of the expected confirmation of Secretary of State-designate Rex Tillerson, according to reports.

Resignees included Undersecretary for Management Patrick Kennedy, assistant Secretary of State for Administration Joyce Anne Barr, Assistant Secretary of State for Consular Affairs Michele Bond and Ambassador Gentry O. Smith and director of the Office of Foreign Missions.

CNN reported that the foursome was fired — and didn’t resign — by the Trump administration as part of an effort, officials said, meant to “clean house.”

Tillerson, who has been approved by a Senate committee but still must be confirmed by the whole chamber, was inside the agency, greeting employees, when the resignations took effect, The Post reported.

Tillerson must have been too much for them. Good, let them leave. Clean slate.

Ouch!

Dat hiring freeze doe
He made an exception in that hiring freeze. So it's fine. You can still hire if he deemed it critical to the nation's safety and stuff. Basically, no one can hire anyone without his approval.

He made an exception in that hiring freeze. So it's fine. You can still hire if he deemed it critical to the nation's safety and stuff. Basically, no one can hire anyone without his approval.
I work for the feds so I am intimately familiar with the hiring freeze. I wish he couldn't hire and had to deal with just not having the positions filled like regular rubes like me do. The question is, will a megalomaniac like him think those jobs are critical to the nation's safety, and hire new people. OR, will he give the positions to his well heeled friends or family members?

I work for the feds so I am intimately familiar with the hiring freeze. I wish he couldn't hire and had to deal with just not having the positions filled like regular rubes like me do. The question is, will a megalomaniac like him think those jobs are critical to the nation's safety, and hire new people. OR, will he give the positions to his well heeled friends or family members?
If those well heeled friends or family are the people he can trust then that's what he's going to hire...

Back