Media "Send The Location" - Stipe Miocic Via Instagram - Will DC Vacate the HW Belt?

Daniel weighed 251 pounds against Lewis and that's probably with a 5-8 pound cut
There is no way in hell he ever makes 205 again
I think he could but he won't be cutting water weight only. DC is a hard worker. I think he could take a few months to get down to 225, sign to fight at LHW months in advance and lose the 20lbs to make the LHW limit.

It’s because of the TD threat. DC throws his combo just as he’s coming into clinch range

The gif showed Cormier clearly telegraphing, with a slight lean and move forward. It's pretty standard to jab someone that shows a tell like that. A jab, head movement, or lateral movement seem obvious, yet he stood there. You never let someone walk in then lean on a hook like that.

Stipe had 2 1/2 years as Champ to be entertaining, he needs to shut the fuck up and earn his place back. You can't pull Conor 101 and expect a rematch.

There was one moment when Stipe hit Cormier and DC did this weird little "I dunno" shrug.

Please don’t tell me you’re on about DC cutting 5-8lbs of water weight before the fight because if you are inferring this you’re a fucking retard.
I thought I was misreading it cause up until you no one was commenting on that. Why on earth would someone cut water weight with 0 need to?

Daniel weighed 251 pounds against Lewis and that's probably with a 5-8 pound cut
There is no way in hell he ever makes 205 again

Why would he be cutting at HW?

Look, I don't know about you guys, but I don't really see DC vs Stipe 2 being much different than the first. It's not like Stipe was picking him apart completely and just dominating him, he was getting tagged:
PositiveHatefulAlbacoretuna-size_restricted.gif

He did have his moments in the fight
VigilantMassiveErmine-size_restricted.gif

but without kicks or extremely hard shots, putting DC is pretty much impossible.

I honestly think the ideal scenario is this:

Since Brock just signed with the WWE again, that would eliminate the idea of DC vs Lesnar in March.

Jon Jones beats Gus at UFC 232 and becomes the LHW champion.

Without Brock, DC decides to vacate belt because a fight vs Stipe doesn't do big numbers.

He rematches Jones in march for the LHW belt and leaves the HW belt up for grabs

Vacant HW Belt - Stipe Miocic vs Cain Velasquez in spring/summer 2019
Untitled-1-342.jpg

Daniel Cormier vs Jon Jones 3 at UFC 235
405_Daniel_Cormier_and_Jon_Jones.0.jpg

While I do think this is the most likely outcome I have one adventurous suggestion...

Cormier will finally lure Jones to HW.

It's consistent for heel Jones to go after Cormier's only Jones-free accomplishment. If Jones does win we might get lucky and see him hang out there for a while. Imagine Jones-Miocic.

God I hope Gus puts him out though.

“It was one bad night at the office.” “I know what I did wrong." Stuff like that. Not the most explanatory but what do you expect from him, PowerPoint presentations?
It's not like it was completely 1 sided or anything. I would say he was getting the better of the fight ever so slightly and appeared to hurt DC atleast twice making his ankles rollover on a shot shortly before the finish so a rematch really could go either way, especially if he started throwing more than 1 punch at a time.

I do believe he should stop talking about it though, get back in there and grab another win for his own confidence's sake instead of stewing on and over analyzing that fight.

I think the phrase is drop the location but I think he should have a keep busy fight. Stipe vs volkov while dc gets Brock or jones final red panty night fight.

Stipe has to show his wife naked first.

Sad how many people are hating on Stipe for trying to get his belt back.

Since he got starched in the first round maybe he should beat a contender first instead of just crying for an instant rematch.

DC will never fight Jones again imo
DC is about to retire and will he take the risk to end his carreer with a L ?
Specially with Jones that fail test on a regular basis.....?
This would be so frustrating to end it with a controversial L...

It's not like it was completely 1 sided or anything. I would say he was getting the better of the fight ever so slightly and appeared to hurt DC atleast twice making his ankles rollover on a shot shortly before the finish so a rematch really could go either way, especially if he started throwing more than 1 punch at a time.

I do believe he should stop talking about it though, get back in there and grab another win for his own confidence's sake instead of stewing on and over analyzing that fight.

Thing is it's not just the belt he wants but a chance to redeem himself specifically against DC, to 'get back his loss' as they say...but there isn't much time for that if Cormier holds true to his vow to not fight beyond his 40th birthday in March. DC is still dangling the faint hope of a rematch, if certain things come to pass: if Lesnar won't be able to fight and if Jones doesn't get his own belt back and want to fight DC over it again.

My guess is a) Stipe doesn't want to risk losing even that miniscule chance by getting obligated to another fight, and also perhaps risking an injury that would prevent him from a quick enough turnaround; and b) Stipe had been planning to take off the time anyway to be with his newborn daughter, so it really doesn't change his schedule much to lob these comments in between making faces at the kiddo and changing diapers.

Stipe should have talked all this shit before getting KTFO in round 1, not after.

Stipe, go win a fight and then start your campaign. Unfortunately for you, DC wants to actually make MONEY. You didn't put any effort into promotion when you fought him before, I don't blame him for not wanting a rematch.

Good fighter but NO marketing quality.

DC will never fight Jones again imo
DC is about to retire and will he take the risk to end his carreer with a L ?
Specially with Jones that fail test on a regular basis.....?
This would be so frustrating to end it with a controversial L...
Don't underestimate the mentality of an Olympic athlete. I'm 100% sure that if Jones beats Gus, DC will fight Jones if he's offered the fight. He's too confident / stubborn to give up, and rightfully so. He could be the undisputed GOAT with a win over Jones.

Sad how many people are hating on Stipe for trying to get his belt back.
You got Koed in the first. You're not a draw, hardly anyone understands what you say when you talk, and oh yeah, you got KOed in the first. Go beat Blaydes after he beats Francis and shut the fuck up.

Back