Self-defense / women's self defense

I would recommend PM'ing a few of the cops on the forums for some legal advice. But again it's just advice, don't take it as gospel.

Home stuff, defense stuff, etc. You can check some of the defense magazines out there, some have decent info.

Carry a gun, knife and spray. If your State won't allow concealed guns, then go with a big knife + spray. Most states classifies a folding knife as a "penknife" and you can carry what can be equivalent to a mini sword if you want, just as long as it's not spring assisted = switchblade. Mine is 5.5" blade so it's around 12" unfolded.

Shooting or cutting someone up in an SD situation can be very messy in Liberal states and they certainly don't have the Castle Doctrine's, "Stand Your Ground" provision. Most women will get their ass beat down in a really serious situation where someone's trying to abduct them or such. The best SD training for hand to hand is to train as a fighter in MMA and actually include sparring hard for full knockouts to get good at it, which includes taking a beating and not freak out. Most women won't go for this (nor most men), so weapons are the best equalizer vs. men who are usually much stronger. Boxing with a knife is my go-to technique.

Carry a gun, knife and spray. If your State won't allow concealed guns, then go with a big knife + spray. Most states classifies a folding knife as a "penknife" and you can carry what can be equivalent to a mini sword if you want, just as long as it's not spring assisted = switchblade. Mine is 5.5" blade so it's around 12" unfolded.

Shooting or cutting someone up in an SD situation can be very messy in Liberal states and they certainly don't have the Castle Doctrine's, "Stand Your Ground" provision. Most women will get their ass beat down in a really serious situation where someone's trying to abduct them or such. The best SD training for hand to hand is to train as a fighter in MMA and actually include sparring hard for full knockouts to get good at it, which includes taking a beating and not freak out. Most women won't go for this (nor most men), so weapons are the best equalizer vs. men who are usually much stronger. Boxing with a knife is my go-to technique.

Carrying a knife for a woman is a BAD idea. As a woman, who trains 6 nights a week, i do not have the strength to keep a knife should a dude attack me without some specific knife training. Most likely the knife would be ripped from my hands and i'd end up stabbed with it myself.
Some basic take downs, escapes from holds, some leg kicks, eye pokes, biting. Basically being nasty. I've very wary of self-defence tbh. I'm 5'7 and 145 pounds, my brother is 6'5 and 16 stone, i'm hardly going to be able to defend myself against someone his size sadly, especially if they attacked with any viciousness.

Most men do not lift weights. Most teenagers do not lift weights. Women don't just have to look out for 6'2' 250lb sociopaths. They have to look out for high school kids, scrawny drug abusing creepers, old men, other women, self entitled lazy fucks who think they have a right to her time and body... there are all kinds of assholes.

For all of those types, a small woman can become much stronger than them through power lifting. A 5'2" young woman will still look feminine when she can bench press 150 pounds or squat 225 and at the point, she will be so strong compared to the average man that she can beat him into abject submission with clean and fair martial arts. No tricks. She can just whip his ass.

If she is really serious about self defense, about fighting several people, huge men, or people with weapons, she can buy a gun. The resolve, physical fitness and fighting ability from all that strength training and martial arts will allow her to draw that weapon better.

These are training and tactics for women who are not satisfied with social and conduct answers to violence and want something next level.

Carrying a knife for a woman is a BAD idea. As a woman, who trains 6 nights a week, i do not have the strength to keep a knife should a dude attack me without some specific knife training. Most likely the knife would be ripped from my hands and i'd end up stabbed with it myself.

What in the heck are you training that's 6 nights a week and still have such low confidence. Who told you that someone can easily rip a knife away from you so easily? Hell, have you ever seen a scorn woman with a bigass kitchen knife? I'd damn run away from her rather than fight her unarmed.

Some basic take downs, escapes from holds, some leg kicks, eye pokes, biting. Basically being nasty. I've very wary of self-defence tbh. I'm 5'7 and 145 pounds, my brother is 6'5 and 16 stone, i'm hardly going to be able to defend myself against someone his size sadly, especially if they attacked with any viciousness.

Yea I know, that's why you'd want a bigass knife that's razor sharp. Like when SD people tells you to go for weak points such as eyeballs and testicles....well the knife turns almost everything into such weak points.

Last edited:
If you need to use a knife, ideally the stabbee shouldn't be aware there's a knife until the stabber has perforated their hide several times, or at the very least once.

If you're waving it around as some kind of "deterrent" you may have an issue keeping it, of course.

On my opinion the best way is to buy taser gun and use it of course in th self-defense only. It is work good, cause give to th robber Discharge by current and he feeling a pain, i think after this He will simply run away, or he will not be able to resist you.

One thing I want to add... laws around self-defense also vary a lot by state.

As an example, the state I live in you can call the local cops or sheriff to officiate a mutual combat. Like literally, say I get into it with someone and a friend calls the cops and we tell the cops we are going to solve it our selves but want them there to keep it from getting out of hand the cops will stand there and watch while we each beat the shit out of each other.

One thing I want to add... laws around self-defense also vary a lot by state.

As an example, the state I live in you can call the local cops or sheriff to officiate a mutual combat. Like literally, say I get into it with someone and a friend calls the cops and we tell the cops we are going to solve it our selves but want them there to keep it from getting out of hand the cops will stand there and watch while we each beat the shit out of each other.

I've seen the youtube videos of this. The cops always seem entertained.

What are you allowed to carry in Ireland as far as knives go.

I've seen the youtube videos of this. The cops always seem entertained.
It's hilarious. I was a bouncer and we did it a couple times when drunks got unruly. Too bad the drunks never knew that all the bouncers at the bar I was at either trained, were amateur MMA/boxing, low level pros, or former MARSOC guys that knew how to fight.

Cops would start out laughing and quickly turn to cringing after a bit.

Back