Self Defense Techniques (Defending yourself while outnumbered). Got a few questions

Nah, go for the rear naked, errr....nevermind.

Drop down to the ground and start doing 1-handed pushups. Chances are none of the guys there are able to perform this exercise and they'll be discouraged from fighting someone with such superior athleticism.

Drop down to the ground and start doing 1-handed pushups. Chances are none of the guys there are able to perform this exercise and they'll be discouraged from fighting someone with such superior athleticism.

Good idea mebig. Also be sure you are able to bench at least 275.

Identify who the tough guy is among them and attempt to destroy him as fast as possible.

If you can take out their toughest guy QUICK, (the guy they respect and fear), the steam may go right out of their attack because these types of guys are cowardly by nature.

Say there's five of them.
A few will usually hang back and wait till their two (or three) more aggressive guys get the victim down, then when there's little risk to themselves, only then will they come forward to get their kicks in. If they think there's any potential for damage to themselves, then they won't engage.

I think learning to function under the adrenaline rush is the most important aspect, and unfortunately many instructors don't spend time on that aspect, focusing mostly on technique instead.

For God's sake, DON'T TAKE A STREET-FIGHT TO THE GROUND!!!

Thats outrageous.

For God's sake, DON'T TAKE A STREET-FIGHT TO THE GROUND!!!

I tried to once, and got beat up good by at least 3 guys. My ribs still hurt. Worse yet I couldn't even finish my drunken double leg on the first guy. I made a thread about it and on here in OT years ago and most people thought I was lying.

Thanks for the tips everyone. I have thought of the possibility of carrying a firearm, but to be honest i'm not really a gun person. I always have the fear of someone else taking it from me and i don't want to be responsible for shooting someone. I sometimes carry a folding knife with me incase, but even then i don't like to carry it unless i think i'm in a bad enough area that i might need it.

I've been lucky enough to never have weapons pulled on me, but you are right. Most of these punks will do anything to get an advantage and today it's not uncommon for people to use weapons in a fight. I try and avoid them at all costs. All 3 times i've been attacked, i was either sucker punched from behind (2 out of the 3 times) and the other time i showed them i wasn't going to back down and i could tell they didn't want any part of me but as soon as i tryed to leave the situation they saw the opening and tackled me to the ground. Dumb move on my part for turning my back.

The two times i was suckered, i had several "friends" there who were too afraid to help me out. Needless to say, i haven't talked to them since. My brother is the only one who will have my back no matter what, and i'm lucky for that.

It's usually drunken teenagers and young adults who have nothing better to do than start fights with people. The same group of kids even beat the shit out of an autistic kid just because they were bored and drunk.

But yea, i live in the Boston Area incase anyone was wondering.

step 1. listen to me

step 2. run the fuck away

Like most said if it can be avoided, then do get involved. It's not worth it and again it's never fair. If it's that rough of an area you should know areas to avoid and certain hours and not do anything to provoke it.

As far a technique maybe you should take professional martial arts/ boxing lessons to improve your confidence in the ability to protect yourself if you are in that situation. When I was growing up I found myself in a few street/club/bar/school fights, mainly because I wouldn't walk away from a situation, as I grew up and actually learned how to fight I haven't gotten into a situation where I had to use it, I think it's because I learned how to walk away before it escalated and knew I really had nothing to prove.

Yea, it doesn't happen too often. But it's happened 3 times in the past few years so chances are it'll happen again and i just want to be safe. It's not a bad area compared to certain parts of boston, but theres still alot of punks who have nothing better to do.

Should i just become an ultimate fighter?

Yea, it doesn't happen too often. But it's happened 3 times in the past few years so chances are it'll happen again and i just want to be safe. It's not a bad area compared to certain parts of boston, but theres still alot of punks who have nothing better to do.

Should i just become an ultimate fighter?

There is no substitute
for the ultimate
is whats in store
bear witness
to the fitness of the
modern warrior

BOOM another hit is landed
BOOM another hit is landed

the stealth of a sniper
the strength of a viper
the training
the challenge
the ultimate fighter

you're gonna get hit
you're gonna get knocked out
you're gonna feel it
this is the ultimate

Before i go to ultimate fighter school though, i think i'm gonna go to iparty and get me one of those gladiator outfits that the guys wear in the UFC Intro.

step 1. Go get CCW Permit.

step 2. buy gun

step 3. dont worry

The problem with a concealed weapon is that it's concealed so you still look like lunch money.

There is just no substitute for wearing a hockey mask and walking with a running chainsaw. Unless of course you travel with a respectable possie of guidos.

The problem with the guidos is that they will hit on your women so you are probably better off with the saw.

The problem with a concealed weapon is that it's concealed so you still look like lunch money.

There is just no substitute for wearing a hockey mask and walking with a running chainsaw. Unless of course you travel with a respectable possie of guidos.

The problem with the guidos is that they will hit on your women so you are probably better off with the saw.

To quote the late Ed McMahon "You are correct sir."

*shrugs*

Just prepare for an ass-whoopin', I guess.

Oh, your in the Boston area. That explains a lot, so many wanna be tough guys *cough bobby brez cough*

When they are far away, low kick to nuts and punches to face

When they are close, knee in nuts and SWEEP THE LEG (never forget to sweep the leg)

Back