Sega announces Shenmue 1 and 2 HD!

It's not a cash in when the games were released on Dreamcast and OG Xbox. Most people have no way to play these games, that and from what I've heard it's only going to be 30 or 40 dollars.

Some people are so negative.

I already played it on Dreamcast and Xbox and if theres no change but high resolution then I'll hold out for Shenmue 3.

It's just Sega thinking what IP do we own we can re-release with.minimal effort.

I already played it on Dreamcast and Xbox and if theres no change but high resolution then I'll hold out for Shenmue 3.

It's just Sega thinking what IP do we own we can re-release with.minimal effort.
That's fine bro, but millions of people haven't. Your life isn't indicative of anyone else's so don't try to use that as justification why someone else shouldn't buy it.

The mini is cool.

As for Shenmue HD, meh. I loved the games when they came out, and they were truly revolutionary for the time, but they have not aged well at all. I'd love to see the reactions of all the people playing them for the first time, and wondering what the fuck the big deal is.

This right here... When I was 21 my roommate had a Dreamcast and Shenmue and I was blown away at the open world aspect. Unfortunately it doesn't hold up very well.

Even if you can get passed the dated graphics the voice acting is a little hard to sit through. Imo Older 3D games don't hold up as well as the 2D.

That's putting it mildly. Shenmue makes the original Resident Evil sound like Shakespeare.

I think what happened is there was so much hype for this game at the time no one wanted to admit it sucked and they still don't want to admit it sucked.

So everyone still makes pretend it was a great game so they can make believe they didn't get fooled.

I think what happened is there was so much hype for this game at the time no one wanted to admit it sucked and they still don't want to admit it sucked.

No. It didn't suck when it was released. There was no other game like it, and it was very well made and ambitious as hell, for the time it came out.

It just hasn't aged all that well, because over time it's gameplay elements that were revolutionary at the time, have been refined and improved upon, as well as certain presentation aspects we take for granted today, like voice acting. Is normal.

No. It didn't suck when it was released. There was no other game like it, and it was very well made and ambitious as hell, for the time it came out.

It just hasn't aged all that well, because over time it's gameplay elements that were revolutionary at the time, have been refined and improved upon, as well as certain presentation aspects we take for granted today, like voice acting. Is normal.

I played it at release and I thought it was boring.

I played it at release and I thought it was boring.
That's the only review I needed. I have a gap in my gaming history from the end of the sega genesis era until a good way into the ps1 era so I missed all these "famous" games.

I played it at release and was immediately sucked into the world. That opening scene hooked me. Shenmue had great story telling and very unique gameplay mechanics at the time. I must have played Space Harrier 100 times too... I thought You Arcade was so cool.

I don't have a PS4 so I'm not sure if I'll be able to play this, unless it is coming to PC as well.

Just watched through the video, hooray for PC version!

What’s Shenmue? I see you guys are excited, someone educate me.

Ahead of it's time concept and super ambitious game that influenced future open world and cinematic gaming heavily.

If I wasn't on my phone I'd rant longer about it. Very divisive game.. some people hated it, others thought it was the best game of all time when it came out.

I personally loved, there was nothing else like it in 1999.

Back