Sefo and Le Banner never won K-1 Grand Prix

LeBanner never was a champion because never deserved to be one. A very good fighter but nothing extraordinary about him.
Runner up twice and 3rd place twice too, fought in the best era against the best and had good success

so who deserved to be one, badr hari?

so who deserved to be one, badr hari?

No. Those who won already deserved it. Just like Lebanner my boy Badr had his chances and fucked up. Runner up doesn't mean shit, champions are those remembered.

Every time Lebanner fought the most important and meaningful matches he lost. He was way too many times outclassed to be considered the best to ever do it and not win a GP.

Wait, so LeBanner can't be the best to never win a GP because he's never won a GP?

Wait, so LeBanner can't be the best to never win a GP because he's never won a GP?

No no. He was never the best to never win a GP. It's all a myth some Eurosport commentators build. His technique was flawed. He had bad defense and poor ring IQ. That cost him to lose many career defining meaningful fights.

so who is the best to never win a GP in your view

I go with the 2x finalist that have KO-TKO wins over Hoost, Aerts Bernardo Filho,Greco and Hunt all on their prime.

Doesn't matter. K-1 fighters were all about offense without proper defense, feints and footwork. 1-2 counter from Joshua and these guys won't get up. Low level boxers like Mighty Mo did well against K-1 elite. Wonder how Wilder would've done against these guys
leg-break.jpg

No no. He was never the best to never win a GP. It's all a myth some Eurosport commentators build. His technique was flawed. He had bad defense and poor ring IQ. That cost him to lose many career defining meaningful fights.
Those points are debatable. He had a specific style that was clearly effective. He's managed to rack up wins against a slew of legendary fighters. The results speak for themselves.

You are still to answer who is, I see.

Fillipovic (yeah, yeah, he won one)? Sefo? Filho? Hari? Ignashov? Bernado?

Le Banner is clearly ahead of them.

Back