Seems like Werdum is gonna get screwed

I'd rather see Cain vs Miocic personally, if Miocic wins he distinguishes himself as the clear HW goat of the UFC and probably places him in the top three HW rankings. I'd have Nog above him personally. However, Werdum deserves it...Cain may not even show up, that guys future is uncertain.

Turns out Francis ain't the best grappler ever, so Cain should be his next challenge? Fuck the rankings, that's a mismatch.
but can cains chin take that the first round of punishment?

i think its good matchup, but we will probably see cain vs miocic

Werdum is just not interesting, or likeable.. also got ko'd easily by Stipe. Give it to the true goat HW Cain who we all know used to train like an idiot, so it would make sense he totally didn't consider the altitude for the Werdum fight. Cain will be champ by the end of the year if he is still the same guy.
It's interesting how you downplay Werdum, while favouring the guy he had dominated.

Werdum had his limelight and fought like an absolute idiot when defending. Maybe had he defended the title, he'd still have it.

Turns out Francis ain't the best grappler ever, so Cain should be his next challenge? Fuck the rankings, that's a mismatch.

Could be, or the reach and size could give Cain some real problems also.

If ever a guy needed a tune up fight it's Cain. Throwing him straight into a title fight just wouldn't be a good idea.
yeah i agree, besides they need to build up the fight . if cain comes from injury and destroys someone it will look a lot better than going into a titles fight after a long lay off and getting koed

UFC 225:

Stipe vs DC
Woodley vs RDA
Werdum vs Cain 2

This right here. Neither Werdum or Cain have earned a title shot. They don't deserve one off of reputation. DC has beat everyone of note at LHW, and Stipe has nearly done the same at HW. Make that fight and Werdum-Cain for next shot. RDA earned his shot, no doubt.

Honestly both those fights are more intriguing. If i was werdum I'd try and fight brock if he comes back, that'll get him a title shot 4 sure if he wins.

Please no Werdum vs Cain, it's going to be painful to watch. Werdum destroyed him with little effort.

? Werdum has "amazing" wins against Tybura and Harris. I don't even know who these guys are, just that they are terrible. Werdum needs a solid win before he deserves a title fight. If Cain is healthy, I think it'd be far more interesting seeing Miocic fight someone new instead of seeing him KO Werdum again (though that was actually quite fun).

Matches to make:
Stipe vs DC
Jon Jone vs Alex Gustafsson 2
Cain vs Werdum
Francis Ngannou vs Junior 'Cigano' dos Santos
Volkan Oezdemir vs Mauricio 'Shogun' Rua

No he doesn't. Overeem before him because he got his ass whooped by Alistair.

If Blaydes convincingly beats Hunt, then give Blaydes the title shot.

Werdum hasn't beaten anyone in the current top 15 since he lost to Stipe.
Blaydes isn't ready yet IMO.

He's a fantastic prospect, but I think the UFC should build him a bit more slowly. One or two more fights if he beats Hunt.

Back