Seed Numbers...what do they tell you?

Buffmeister

RINYA NAKAMURA
@Black
Reaction score
So the No.1 seed (Alexandre Pantoja) barely got past by the No.16 seed (Brandon Moreno)...thanks to his super sweet back take to RNC sub...it was a really close fight, with maybe Moreno having a small edge on the scorecards...and holding his own in the stand up..
...and now gets his first official UFC fight against Smolka

Then...the No.4 seed (Damacio Page) got stopped by the No.13 seed (Adam Antolin) in a nice stand up fight...man Page is a fuckin powerhouse and Adam snapping that left bodykick over and over to Pages ribs got him the ticket to the next round...was a great scrap!

Now the No.2 seed (Yoni Sherbatov) got eliminated by the No.15 seed (Eric Shelton)...via RNC...when i saw their difference in height and weight...
i just thought: Yoni 115lbs...

But what do tell me those seed numbers?...well that those are just numbers...lol

And it will be very interesting to see how this tourney will play out...and i will keep watching!

I think the skills in the game are evolving quickly and older pros' stats are taking a hit of this reality (although they are still legit)

The game evolves faster than the recorded numbers can stay relevant. This is a good thing

I think it just tells you it's hard to seed these tourneys when (I assume, I haven't dug into these guys records) there isn't a lot of commonality between opponents faced

I think it just tells you it's hard to seed these tourneys when (I assume, I haven't dug into these guys records) there isn't a lot of commonality between opponents faced
Thats what I think. Super hard to judge based on their performances on the more localish circuits they are fighting in. Plus some fighters probably are improving more than others.

They are seeding accomplishments and resumes, not skill. The people in charge of seeding and ranking fighters legitimately don't know how to assess skill, which is why we get such goofy shit as Ronda being on a p4p list.

Hell, half the judges don't even know what they are watching.

Back