Sedating lobsters with cannabis before boiling alive.

Wrong. It definitely reduces mild pains and aches. Stop smoking shitty weed.
For me it doesn't relieve the pain, so much as make it feel further away, and easier to ignore.

Smoke the weed, and make sure the lobster is ready for the munchies.

What about boiling cannabis alive and smoking lobster?

<seedat>

Lobsters have a very primitive nervous system structure. They don't have a brain at all, they have multiple clusters of nerves all around their body. Even if you "humanely" cut off their head, they're still "alive" in a way, as the other clusters of nerves around their body are still working. That's why they still jiggle and move like crazy even after they've been cut into multiple pieces. It might even be worse than boiling. I don't know if you can even sedate one, they don't have a brain to sedate.

Get those fuckers stoned for sure, if you're going down might as well be with a blunt.

When I was in Jamaica a man pulled a lobster out and cut it in half right in front of me.... I wasn't ready. Reminded me of a scene from Starship Troopers.

<{1-17}>
That’s how they do things in pretty much every country except in the west

Even high, you'd think being boiled alive would be extremely uncomfortable

"Yeah but have you ever ate lobster on weeeeed?!"

c2cf0d3df2db7ef69ca8c734b8d1ad0f--server-humor-server-life.jpg

I thought the most humane to boil a lobster was to put it in the freezer for 30 minutes prior to boiling.
What I was thinking, but I bet there are some people here that think it’s cruel to make them cold.

For crabs, the cantonese like to separate the shell from body. That should pull the brain from the rest of the nerves. I hope that kills it quick. If not, then crab suffering violent and painful death

[omg1] [omg1] [omg1]

Actually I think this method works on lobsters too. I think the brain is located just where the antennae meet the head shell. If you pull the head shell off the thorax, you will sever the brain connection to the rest of nerves.

Aren't you supposed to stick them in the freezer to knock them out and then split their head with a knife?

Sedating with cannabis just sounds like hipsters want to eat weed-lobster. Does it even work on crustaceans in the first place??
It does.. lobsters apparently do have cannabinoid receptors. Insects do not.
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/j.1420-9101.2005.01028.x

Personally, I like to suck the lobster's cock before I boil him

Over here it is a practice to cut the throat of your first deer kill and drink a cup of their blood.

So, do they eat themselves afterwards?

I do not eat lobster because of the barbaric way they are killed. And recently I converted my nephew and nieces to also not eat lobster, explaining to them how they are killed.

Kill the thing and then boil it or don't eat it at all.

I don't understand the need of boiling them alive. From what I understand, dead lobsters quickly attract a dangerous bacteria that makes it very dangerous for a human to consume lobster that has been contaminated with it, hence, as a precaution, most places keep the lobster alive and boil it just before serving, to avoid contamination and neutralize the bacteria through boiling.

But the thing is that, if you kill it right before you eat it then there's no time for the bacteria to get on it and to do its thing (supposedly it takes a few hours for the bacteria to proliferate), that's the purpose of keeping it alive. So then why boil it? I don't know, it just doesn't make sense to me.

It should be pointed out though, that the jury is still out in terms of establishing if lobsters feel pain or not. No one knows for sure, but a lot of scientist lean towards lobsters not feeling pain since their brains are very simple and underdeveloped.

Research has shown them to learn to avoid "painful" things in a way that suggests pain has been experienced, leading to the learning.

You are right, there's no risk to the diner in killing the lobster / crab / etc. right before boiling it.

It's sad that, conclusive evidence or not, people can be so indifferent to the pain of the animal they're eating that they can't be bothered to kill it before boiling it. It's really not any work at all.

It's sad that, conclusive evidence or not, people can be so indifferent to the pain of the animal they're eating that they can't be bothered to kill it before boiling it. It's really not any work at all.

never mind the extremely common practice of sticking two wooden skewers down their backs before placing them live in stovetop boils (keeps them straightened out as curling tends to result in uneven cooking temps)

Good lord, our society has turned into a bunch of pink hat wearing pussies...

Seriously, I'll be sure to jam a tiny screwdriver the hundreds of crawfish heads at our next boil.

Lobsters have a very primitive nervous system structure. They don't have a brain at all, they have multiple clusters of nerves all around their body. Even if you "humanely" cut off their head, they're still "alive" in a way, as the other clusters of nerves around their body are still working. That's why they still jiggle and move like crazy even after they've been cut into multiple pieces. It might even be worse than boiling. I don't know if you can even sedate one, they don't have a brain to sedate.
Octopus get high on MDMA so I'm sure the lobsters get something out of it

The biggest crime I know of when cooking lobster is greenhorns boiling them with the bands on. Please....stop boiling rubber.

I'm so happy that we've solved most of the world's problems and we're down to discussing the physical well being of sea-scorpions. What a time to be alive!(lobsters not included)
Over here it is a practice to cut the throat of your first deer kill and drink a cup of their blood.
WOLVERIIIIIIIIINES!!!!!!!!!

Back