Secret Cinema Experience - Star Wars & Back to the Future

cmw43

Bad Boys Club
@Gold
Reaction score
Every year in London they have a new big experience, I just went to the Moulin Rouge event last weekend but I did the Star Wars experience in 2015 and I heard the BTTF event was a classic.

There's no cameras allowed inside and everyone's given a character with a background story and some goals to accomplish so you're in costume and kind of in character so once you're in there you're not sure who's an actor and who's a guest, kind of like a real Westworld.

At the Star Wars event we arrived at the station and some rebels were there waiting for us to lead us through a security checkpoint to this Space Port where we got loaded up ramps on to a ship that got raided by Storm Troopers who arrested the crew and dumped us on Tattooine.

They'd built a whole town in there, when you stepped back out the ship doors you felt the heat of the sun and the floor was all sand, they must have brought in a couple of tonnes and theres little jawa's and droids wandering around, dozens of actors filling market stalls and running games and stories, they even had the cantina to get a drink complete with the alien band playing.

Eventually the events of A New Hope playout right in front of you and you get moved on to the next zone, inside the Death Star where you actually sit down and then they showed Empire on the big screen but with all the key moments being acted out live action as well as on screen which really brought you into it.

Then when it ended the music hit with 'Beastie Boys - Intergalactic' and the walkways overhead were filled with breakdancing stormtroopers.

"Then when it ended the music hit with 'Beastie Boys - Intergalactic' and the walkways overhead were filled with breakdancing stormtroopers."

That sounds awesome!

Seriously this sounds awesome.

They did Alien! Wonder if they'll do one for the new film.

I went to both and they were fucking awesome.

For Star Wars they also set up a pop up Cantina bar you could go to. That was pretty cool. They had a live Cantina band and actors in the crowd. Storm Troopers would come in and drag people out etc.

Some people did get fucked over with the first few BTTF nights. Plus as it was an outdoor event some nights had torrential rain which would have been shit.

The advice I would give is never buy tickets to the opening week.

I also did 28 Days Later where we all dressed in scrubs and got chased around by zombies before watching the movie in hospital beds.

The only negative is the cost. Tickets are expensive and once you're in the food and drink is overpriced. By the time I add in travel and getting a costume together it's a pretty expensive night out.

Sounds like fun doing it while far away from being sober.
I will look this up.

Is Sherdog not planning any meeting?

Only problem with secret cinema is the price really but have some great shows

"Then when it ended the music hit with 'Beastie Boys - Intergalactic' and the walkways overhead were filled with breakdancing stormtroopers."

That sounds awesome!
Does.
Did they shoot Disney ads from their blasters? :D
I'd love to be a trooper for one performance

That sounds awesome!
Does.
Did they shoot Disney ads from their blasters? :D
I'd love to be a trooper for one performance

Did Pulp perform at the BTTF event?

Did Pulp perform at the BTTF event?

Jarvis Cocker joined the band to play Jonny B. Goode.

10560400_10152286666031053_4014629343904802062_o.jpg

They released the footage from the Moulin Rouge event the other day.

The next one's meant to be announced in January, I'll definitely be going whatever it is.

Back