Second watch of Saul-GGG

i was being totally facetious to the 10 percent clueless people that somehow thought canelo won

in all seriousness i had a large bet on golovkin and knew that he could get jobbed on the cards so i ended up hedging a lot on canelo +400 and +500 in the 9th and 10th rounds. i also had the draw at +2700 so i am happy that i didnt lose going against the house fighter.

and its just not canelo, look at this fuker

http://boxrec.com/media/index.php?title=Fight:2155908

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...ts-kiryl-relikh-unanimous-decision/101935298/

adelaine bryd and don risher are going to be neck and neck for the worst scorecards of 2017, canelos trout and mayweather socrecards owning the dubious distinction in 2013
How much did you place on the draw? I was trying to put down $50 on a draw for shits and giggles but I had awful service at the lake.

Hitting the strange bets like that is so awesome.

I've said this before and I really believe it: this is a lot like the Hagler-SRL of this generation. I can see people arguing this fight 115-113 either way and it won't stop, even 30 years from now. I still think GGG took it but it was close and having it for Canelo by a rd or a draw, nothing wrong with that, either, imo.

People are still gonna argue about the scoring for years to come tho, lol. I actually think it's kind of fun, tbh, I'll be like 60 y/o and ppl will still be arguing over who deserved to win 7rds. This is history, let's enjoy this shit while it's still fresh. I still have to watch this one a few more times to get my opinion down straight, for real, lol, only in boxing. Beautiful fucking sport.

I've said this before and I really believe it: this is a lot like the Hagler-SRL of this generation. I can see people arguing this fight 115-113 either way and it won't stop, even 30 years from now. I still think GGG took it but it was close and having it for Canelo by a rd or a draw, nothing wrong with that, either, imo.

People are still gonna argue about the scoring for years to come tho, lol. I actually think it's kind of fun, tbh, I'll be like 60 y/o and ppl will still be arguing over who deserved to win 7rds. This is history, let's enjoy this shit while it's still fresh. I still have to watch this one a few more times to get my opinion down straight, for real, lol, only in boxing. Beautiful fucking sport.
I hope in the rematch Canelo presses and Golovkin boxes to another draw. Lets burn this fucker down.

I noticed that GGG didn't make a lot of adjustments either. He did pick up the pace as you said and I guess you can call that an adjustment but I wouldn't. He was really trying to win and was going all out but he was missing that big right hand early and never changed it up as the fight wore on. also canelo was easily getting off the ropes when he wanted to, GGG could not cut off the ring the way he should have. also GGG's punches were very telegraphed and it was easy for canelo to get out of the way, there was no adjustment by GGG. It reminded me a lot of Donaire vs Rigo.

If he made adjustments...they were weak and the wrong adjustments. Canelo went to his left so much towards ggg power all night and ggg only landed one big punch. Lack of adjustments on a guy that has a horrible gas tank and gives you rounds to win

Albeit a bit too late in the fight and not big enough to make a huge difference, GGG did start mixing in uppercuts and caught Canelo a couple times at least. He also started finally throwing in combinations later in the fight because he realized you can't catch canelo with one punch. He fought too much like a guy in love with his power. That right hand really frustrated me watching it because he kept throwing it despite it continuously missing. Where was his ring cutting? Why didn't he run Canelo into hooks as Canelo was moving away? It seemed he abandoned things we've seen him to really well before. In the rematch he needs to throw more body shots and combinations, and especially needs to mix up the punches he uses.

Why didn't he run Canelo into hooks as Canelo was moving away?
I think Canelo largely discouraged GGG from throwing too many hooks by coming back with uppercuts. It was money for most of the fight.

How much did you place on the draw? I was trying to put down $50 on a draw for shits and giggles but I had awful service at the lake.

Hitting the strange bets like that is so awesome.

on betfair exhange it got as high as +4200(41/1) two hours before the fight; two days prior i bought it at +2700(26/1) thinking that a -150 favorite going against the house fighter the draw shouldve been priced at +2000.

needless to say i left a lot of money on the table when golovkin went off as a -200 and the draw odds followed suit

Canelo landed more power punches in 7 out of the 12 rounds.

That's kinda my point. Seven rounds to five is a close fight. There weren't many rounds where the power shot advantage was by a wide margin. And how many jabs do you have to land to balance out one power shot?

I also don't think Golovkin's aggression was very effective.

That's certainly debatable, but if we're talking about activity outside of power shots landed, we're comparing forward movement, punch quantity, landed jabs and glancing light shots to impressive defense.

Thats weird that you think because Canelo didn't stay in one place and eat shots that it made Golovkin look good.
I don't think the times when he just circled the ring repeatedly helped him with the judges.....and when he did hold his ground I personally thought he did well......so yes like I said I think,it hurt him

What is "the right way?" We're talking about individual opinions on cards here.

I think the idea that someone can't score a fight different ways on different viewings is silly and betrays your lack of understanding of scoring in boxing. Multiple criteria, camera angles, relative expectations, etc. all come into play.

There is a right way to score. sure it is subjective but there is a certain criteria and a lot of people don't know how to score

Not really difficult to score at all, Canelo won 1,2,3,11 and 12. GGG won 4-9 and 10 was a draw or a ggg win.

GGG deserved the W.

A when a thread begins using the Christian name of one of the fighters, I immediately smell the toxic stench of bias.

here is the first round that golovkin easily lost

rofl lmfao

I'm not following what your point is? GGG got off to a slow start.. Do you think there would be ANY question about this fight had he gotten inside and worked the body? He would have put Canelo away.. He respected him too much.

So much butt hurt in this thread. Can-elo couldn't beat a past prime fighter in G and looked bad in the process after round 4. But, but, but he fought in 15 second spurts during some rounds! Pfft wow that gassed out red head put up a fight for 15 seconds in 3min rounds for the remaining 8 rounds.:rolleyes: Canelo's lucky this wasn't an old school 15 round fight, otherwise he would of likely been staring at the ceiling lights.

Lucky for him he can just fight another past prime fighter again in Cotto before he retires or go after Saunders who's as much as bitch as he has turned out to be. (Thanks Oscar for ruining Canelo due to greed)

Hey, while you can have your opinion and all, but why don't you answer this.. If Canelo was only fighting in 15 second spurts, especially from round 5-10 where he started to look like he as going to fade away, why didn't GGG get in there and punish him? As much as you're bashing the result and what Canelo did, I don't see you offering the same criticism for GGG's fighting from a safe distance.. GGG should have went in there and brutalized the body. He didn't.. He let him off the hook.

There is a right way to score. sure it is subjective but there is a certain criteria and a lot of people don't know how to score

This fight was close enough that a card different than your own can be reasonable. 4, 9,10, 11,12 were all competitive rounds.

This fight was close enough that a card different than your own can be reasonable. 4, 9,10, 11,12 were all competitive rounds.

Yes this fight was close but a lot of times its not and you still have people bitching about how the score came out. Like it or not there are shitty score cards or just people that look at a fight and say that guy won. I have a few buddies like that. To them anyone who backs up loses the fight. Then you got retards who are like he landed more punches that guy won combubox says. the list goes on for shitty scorers

Yes this fight was close but a lot of times its not and you still have people bitching about how the score came out. Like it or not there are shitty score cards or just people that look at a fight and say that guy won. I have a few buddies like that. To them anyone who backs up loses the fight. Then you got retards who are like he landed more punches that guy won combubox says. the list goes on for shitty scorers

Sure, it doesn't apply to me though. I judged the rounds on the proper criteria, close fight.

Numbers don't lie. The power punches were basically dead even, but GGG landed 50 more punches overall and had ring generalship. Was pretty easy 8-4 GGG for me.
Numbers lie when they are used to ignore the scoring criteria like you're doing. Whoever lands the most punches over 12 is not necessarily the winner. This isn't 90's amateur boxing we're talking about.

Back