Second Boxing fight - Tournament finals

Albe

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Hello,

A couple of weeks ago I posted my first fight, that ended in a 2nd round KO. Last saturday I fought again, this time was the tournament finals.

I won a 2nd round tko, guy was really really tough, he left with a broken orbital bone and nose. Fight was much much much uglier than the first one because of 2 things:

I severely underestimated my opponent, cause he was smaller and goofy looking. But it was the tournament finals and he made it there so I shouldnt have been so cocky. It was supposed to be 3 fights to be champion, but my second opponent no showed.

And I really hurt my left hand right at the first 20 seconds, so I got really desperate to finish the fight quickly and ended up spamming my healthy hand.

Anyway, here is the video. Feedback is welcome

Well done.

He was tough but he was terrible.

You got some real nice pop on your punches and good accuracy.

congrats, keep fighting and building your experience and improving.

you raised your chin and dropped your hands quite a bit once you started throwing. Chin down hands up.

congrats, keep fighting and building your experience and improving.

you raised your chin and dropped your hands quite a bit once you started throwing. Chin down hands up.

Yeah I hated the fight. I threw my fundamentals out of the window once I felt he had absolutely no power in his punches. Should have used this opportunity to use my boxing instead of trying to rip his head off.

Still, in october I'll join another tournament and hopefully will do a few fights in between. I need to improve my guard ASAP, the way im fighting now im always giving ground

Yeah I hated the fight. I threw my fundamentals out of the window once I felt he had absolutely no power in his punches. Should have used this opportunity to use my boxing instead of trying to rip his head off.

Still, in october I'll join another tournament and hopefully will do a few fights in between. I need to improve my guard ASAP, the way im fighting now im always giving ground

no worries man, keeping chin down and hands up is basic, but much easier said than done, and everybody drops their hands etc. its natural. Yeah just work on keeping that chin down, hands up, and bring your hands back after you throw. If you work it, im sure you will see a improvement on your next fight.

You do not pull your shoulders well. When trowing a cross for example make sure your left shoulder is pulled back to help the rotation and extending your right hand particularly the right shoulder so your chin hides under it. It is easier said than done though.

You do not pull your shoulders well. When trowing a cross for example make sure your left shoulder is pulled back to help the rotation and extending your right hand particularly the right shoulder so your chin hides under it. It is easier said than done though.

That's just part of the equation. He his not using his legs behind the punches. It's not difficult at all to implement, just counterintuitive.

Anyway, there's very little boxing in that clip. I don't understand why these fights are allowed by the gyms.

Last edited:
Hello,

A couple of weeks ago I posted my first fight, that ended in a 2nd round KO. Last saturday I fought again, this time was the tournament finals.

I won a 2nd round tko, guy was really really tough, he left with a broken orbital bone and nose. Fight was much much much uglier than the first one because of 2 things:

I severely underestimated my opponent, cause he was smaller and goofy looking. But it was the tournament finals and he made it there so I shouldnt have been so cocky. It was supposed to be 3 fights to be champion, but my second opponent no showed.

And I really hurt my left hand right at the first 20 seconds, so I got really desperate to finish the fight quickly and ended up spamming my healthy hand.

Anyway, here is the video. Feedback is welcome

I'm pretty sure both you and your opponent would beat me BUT the fight looked very brawl-ish to me (esp your opponent). How long have you been training? And your opponent?

I'm pretty sure both you and your opponent would beat me BUT the fight looked very brawl-ish to me (esp your opponent). How long have you been training? And your opponent?

Boxing for a year and a half. My other fight was a little bit more technical, this one def wasnt. My left hand got fucked on the first knockdown, so I only had my right.

I felt he was horrible, so I went in for the kill, but he kept coming with winging punches and a rock solid chin.

You can find my first fight, I posted a few weeks ago. That was a bit better.

Back