Seattle Foolishly Sues Trump Administration Over Sanctuary Cities

TheStruggle

Yellow Card
Banned
Reaction score
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...rump-administration-over-executive-order.html

Seattle filed a lawsuit Wednesday over President Trump’s executive order threatening to cut off federal funding for cities offering to protect illegal immigrants.

Mayor Ed Murray said the order issued in January punishing sanctuary cities is unconstitutional and creates uncertainty around the city’s budget.

The city said it anticipates at least $55 million in federal funds to support operating expenses, nearly $100 million in capital project support and about $2.6 million from Justice Department grants this year, Q13 Fox reported.

“The federal government cannot compel our police department to enforce federal immigration law and cannot use our federal dollars to coerce Seattle into turning our backs on our immigrant and refugee communities. We simply won’t do it,” Murray said.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions said this week that the Justice Department would deny grant money to cities that violate federal law dealing with information-sharing among local police and federal authorities. Sessions said the cities are making their communities unsafe.

Murray disagreed.

"Let me be clear about the facts. We are not breaking any laws and we are prioritizing safety,” he said.

The lawsuit filed in U.S. District Court asks a judge to declare that Seattle is in compliance with the law and that the executive order is unconstitutional under the 10th Amendment and the Spending Clause of the U.S. Constitution.

Nutshell:

Liberals cities believe 'states rights' and 10th amendment applies to cities.

Liberal cities want to ignore federal laws while accepting federal funds at the same time.

States and Cities have no authority over federal immigration laws, this is not a states rights issue.

States have no obligation to enforce federal laws.

Seattle is not a state

The state supports Seattle.

And if you want to get technical, the Federal government gives no money to Seattle.

The Federal government gives money to Washington and Washington state government gives money to Seattle.

The state supports Seattle.

And if you want to get technical, the Federal government gives no money to Seattle.

The Federal government gives money to Washington and Washington state government gives money to Seattle.

Funny thing about other people's money, they are not required to give you mounds of cash after you decide that you don't want to listen to their demands.

The city said it anticipates at least $55 million in federal funds to support operating expenses, nearly $100 million in capital project support and about $2.6 million from Justice Department grants this year, Q13 Fox reported.

The dilemma is pretty simple, don't stand in the way of lawful immigration officers and you get to keep your funds. Nobody is forcing them to obstruct. The only people putting Seattle in danger is Seattle

Funny thing about other people's money, they are not required to give you mounds of cash after you decide that you don't want to listen to their demands.

The dilemma is pretty simple, don't stand in the way of lawful immigration officers and you get to keep your funds. Nobody is forcing them to obstruct. The only people putting Seattle in danger is Seattle

Except, that would mean cutting funds to the state and not the city.

The federal government doesn't give money to cities.

"Sanctuary cities" like Seattle do not obstruct, and are within the law. There is no legal definition of "sanctuary city" the lawsuit is in place so that the feds are forced to define that.

States are not required to provide aid in enforcing federal immigration law, they just can't obstruct. So it's perfectly legal for a police officer to not report an illegal in custody to the feds; however, the state cannot REQUIRE that officers not report illegals to the feds--that's the fine line.

The gall of these mentally fucked animals....

Except, that would mean cutting funds to the state and not the city.

The federal government doesn't give money to cities.
Let me guess, not only are you for Islamic murder, you are also for criminal illegal aliens who have NO BUSINESS or right to be in the country...?, doesn't suprise me one bit...you are one of the most anti civilization posters on here..and that is saying something. Thank God lunatics like you are still the minority..you, if given enough power would destroy everything...everything that makes a nation great would be dead....all that would be left is a middle east warzone style shithole

Let me guess, not only are you for Islamic murder, you are also for criminal illegal aliens who have NO BUSINESS or right to be in the country...?, doesn't suprise me one bit...you are one of the most anti civilization posters on here..and that is saying something. Thank God lunatics like you are still the minority..you, if given enough power would destroy everything...everything that makes a nation great would be dead....all that would be left is a middle east warzone style shithole

You're such a scared little pussy

You're such a scared little pussy
Yeah, forgive my survival mechanism, i get that you don't have one..what, with opening up your arse cheeks for literally ANY legitimate threat to civilization...WTF is wrong with you?.

Yeah, forgive my survival mechanism, i get that you don't have one..what, with opening up your arse cheeks for literally ANY legitimate threat to civilization...WTF is wrong with you?.

The difference is, you consume yourself with minor threats and ignore the real problems.

You're the death of civilization, not me. Ignorance is more dangerous than illegal aliens and terrorism.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...rump-administration-over-executive-order.html

Seattle filed a lawsuit Wednesday over President Trump’s executive order threatening to cut off federal funding for cities offering to protect illegal immigrants.

Mayor Ed Murray said the order issued in January punishing sanctuary cities is unconstitutional and creates uncertainty around the city’s budget.

“The federal government cannot compel our police department to enforce federal immigration law and cannot use our federal dollars to coerce Seattle into turning our backs on our immigrant and refugee communities. We simply won’t do it,” Murray said.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions said this week that the Justice Department would deny grant money to cities that violate federal law dealing with information-sharing among local police and federal authorities. Sessions said the cities are making their communities unsafe.

Murray disagreed.

"Let me be clear about the facts. We are not breaking any laws and we are prioritizing safety,” he said.

The lawsuit filed in U.S. District Court asks a judge to declare that Seattle is in compliance with the law and that the executive order is unconstitutional under the 10th Amendment and the Spending Clause of the U.S. Constitution.

Nutshell:

Liberals cities believe 'states rights' and 10th amendment applies to cities.

Liberal cities want to ignore federal laws while accepting federal funds at the same time.

States and Cities have no authority over federal immigration laws, this is not a states rights issue.
What makes it foolish?

The difference is, you consume yourself with minor threats and ignore the real problems.

You're the death of civilization, not me. Ignorance is more dangerous than illegal aliens and terrorism.
I'm the death of civilization, by having similar views as those who BUILT civilization...yeah right. Fun fact:, if people did what you wanted, generations ago....NONE of this shit that you enjoy, would be here...none of it...let that sink in you psycho..see, i can't call you an idiot, you know exactly what you're doing on this forum

I'm the death of civilization, by having similar views as those who BUILT civilization...yeah right. Fun fact:, if people did what you wanted, generations ago....NONE of this shit that you enjoy, would be here...none of it...let that sink in you psycho..see, i can't call you an idiot, you know exactly what you're doing on this forum

If we had the same immigration laws we had generations ago these people wouldn't be illegal aliens. They'd be citizens.

If we had the same immigration laws we had generations ago these people wouldn't be illegal aliens. They'd be citizens.
Yeah, big difference pal, the period in which you are talking about, didn't have a welfare cheque waiting for everyone...

Yeah, big difference pal, the period in which you are talking about, didn't have a welfare cheque waiting for everyone...

South Americans aren't coming here for welfare, they're coming here to fill an economic niche you and your ilk are too lazy and/or incapable of filling.

Georgia tried to ban all their illegal workers. Hundreds of millions of dollars of their crops rotted in the fields.

@glennrod looks to be getting angry.

200w.gif

500.gif

LOL at revelling in peddling pure destruction...i'd love to lock you in a room full of the relatives of the children raped and killed by people who had been previously deported. Truly, you deserve to at least have your arse kicked for basically wanting to crash the economy and have war on the streets.

Back