Seated Goodmorning is the best pure spinal erector movement

What's the difference between seated and standing?....Benefits wise

Isnt this the same as reverse glute bridges.

I think I tried this once or twice after Keo mentioned it. You sit on a bench with a bar on your shoulders and try to bend and straighten at the thorax but keep your lumbar region straight. I didn't explode or anything... but it seems really easy to fuck up.

Excellent for building posterior core size and rigidity.

What's the point of building posterior core "size?" Want to move up to a bigger belt size? Eat some donuts.

If there's any body part I wouldn't bother to ever try to work in isolation, it would be the spinal erectors. They work as part of the posterior chain, and I'd train them as part of the chain with compound movements.

I think I tried this once or twice after Keo mentioned it. You sit on a bench with a bar on your shoulders and try to bend and straighten at the thorax but keep your lumbar region straight. I didn't explode or anything... but it seems really easy to fuck up.
Extremely taxing on your erectors. Starting light and high volume is essential in the beginning. I love it because you can specifically target your spinal erectors, AND you can condition your braced spinal flexion position, like in an atlas stone lift or many other strongman exercises.

What's the point of building posterior core "size?" Want to move up to a bigger belt size? Eat some donuts.

If there's any body part I wouldn't bother to ever try to work in isolation, it would be the spinal erectors. They work as part of the posterior chain, and I'd train them as part of the chain with compound movements.
I had a problem that my glutes were so dominant, my erectors would never get hit enough in posterior chain exercises. Started doing this exercise and have fallen in love with it.

seated good mornings work really well with a safety squat bar.

I had a problem that my glutes were so dominant, my erectors would never get hit enough in posterior chain exercises. Started doing this exercise and have fallen in love with it.

That makes sense. I like the glute ham raise for erector work, but for me it's hard to beat the deadlift. Or good mornings. There are form tweaks that can take the emphasis from the glutes to the lower back. I just didn't make sense of the concept of trying to add size to your posterior core. Phrasing. I would have said something about isolating the erectors for the glute-dominant types.

Extremely taxing on your erectors. Starting light and high volume is essential in the beginning. I love it because you can specifically target your spinal erectors, AND you can condition your braced spinal flexion position, like in an atlas stone lift or many other strongman exercises.

Yeah, it did seem like an effective exercise.

Actually I am glad you reminded me- I completely forgot about them and I am often wondering how to extra stuff for the erectors.

Easy as hell setup too.. I just do them on the bench press... Hell I've also been thinking about doing box squats on the bench press setup to save time

Easy as hell setup too.. I just do them on the bench press... Hell I've also been thinking about doing box squats on the bench press setup to save time
Most benches are too high.

Back