Seano was right all along, GGG is MUCH bigger than Brook!

Being bigger doesnt make you better.

Its a "better fight" to you because Brook is more of an unknown at this point.

Youre overly sensitive if you think this is me being an asshole.

I am overly sensitive, it's this damn heat, it's fucking disgusting & I hope people will soon come to their senses & club together to destroy the sun.

Anyway, I'll say it again: I watched Khan flop about with his legs gone from shots from super-feathers.

I have watched a lot of Brook, coming up, & I've never seen him look as vulnerable as Khan has (against non-punching smaller fighters, too).

What's a better fight for a middleweight?

Welterweight A, a fighter who started at super-feather, with a history of getting decked & brutally KO'd multiple times at lighter weights...

-or-

Welterweight B, a fecking big welter with no history of flopping about like a landed cod after taking a solid shot?

I may be proved wrong. GGG might paralyse him the moment he lands a jab. But I think he's got more chance than some (most) give him credit for.

Not much, but still.

I am overly sensitive, it's this damn heat, it's fucking disgusting & I hope people will soon come to their senses & club together to destroy the sun.

Anyway, I'll say it again: I watched Khan flop about with his legs gone from shots from super-feathers.

I have watched a lot of Brook, coming up, & I've never seen him look as vulnerable as Khan has (against non-punching smaller fighters, too).

What's a better fight for a middleweight?

Welterweight A, a fighter who started at super-feather, with a history of getting decked & brutally KO'd multiple times at lighter weights...

-or-

Welterweight B, a fecking big welter with no history of flopping about like a landed cod after taking a solid shot?

I may be proved wrong. GGG might paralyse him the moment he lands a jab. But I think he's got more chance than some (most) give him credit for.

Not much, but still.
I don't disagree with you but something to remember is that the Canelo-Khan fight was basically fought at JMW +1 pound. I know that Canelo still rehydrates to about what GGG does but it's something to consider. If Kell can even hang with GGG throughout the fight his stock is going to skyrocket.

This is a really weird fight for GGG to take. He is 100% expected to get the knock out on a guy that is very good and not nearly as small as people think he is.

Kell Brook will stop GGG in emphatic fashion. You mark my words.

@nac386

What do you think?

I think Brook is bigger and probably better than people are giving him credit for, but overall I think GGG is a bad matchup for Brook. Brook's best competition so far has been Porter, who is a fairly big/strong guy who stalks and moves forward like Golovkin, but that is pretty much all Porter and GGG has in common.

When Porter got in close, Brook would make Porter smother himself and then tie him up. He had the strength to turn Porter in the clinch, to put himself in a better position. He'd also bait Porter into swinging wildly, making him easy to counter then hold. Sometimes he'd intercept Porter's punches with a jab or lead hook that would throw Porter's shots off target (then smother/clinch).

GGG controls distance too well for Kell to manipulate like that, from what I've seen. I have never seen GGG completely lose control of distance, he always seems like he knows where he needs to be, unlike Porter who charges like a bull. Plus he is too strong for Kell to tie up, and he knows all the little tricks to control positions inside so he's very hard to clinch. It's also not like Kell is going to manhandle GGG even if he does manage to tie him up, GGG will probably be able to maneuver out of the clinch before the ref even separates. We also know that you're not going to interrupt or misdirect a GGG bomb very easily by beating him to the punch, which Geale learned the hard way.

I just don't see what Brook does that will get him the win. I can definitely see him giving GGG some trouble with his quickness and timing. I can see Brook landed some good strong jabs and lead left hooks at some point. I can see him landing some good counters with his left hand, and I think he might even bust GGG up a bit before he gets hurt and likely stopped. He could move backwards the whole fight and might be able to survive, but he won't give himself a chance to win if he does that.

Brook is trying to get as big as possible. Maybe this will hurt him. I mean look at there recent presser he is literally fat in the face. Brook is good but Golovkin is a much better boxer the some realize, I think he will make Kell look very bad. Rip him apart.

This is a really weird fight for GGG to take. He is 100% expected to get the knock out on a guy that is very good and not nearly as small as people think he is.
Two classes up for a guy whose never fought the top level in his own division, and now taking on a killer.

Regardless of the pretend size Brook is now at, its well in Golovkin's favor.

I think Brook is bigger and probably better than people are giving him credit for, but overall I think GGG is a bad matchup for Brook. Brook's best competition so far has been Porter, who is a fairly big/strong guy who stalks and moves forward like Golovkin, but that is pretty much all Porter and GGG has in common.

When Porter got in close, Brook would make Porter smother himself and then tie him up. He had the strength to turn Porter in the clinch, to put himself in a better position. He'd also bait Porter into swinging wildly, making him easy to counter then hold. Sometimes he'd intercept Porter's punches with a jab or lead hook that would throw Porter's shots off target (then smother/clinch).

GGG controls distance too well for Kell to manipulate like that, from what I've seen. I have never seen GGG completely lose control of distance, he always seems like he knows where he needs to be, unlike Porter who charges like a bull. Plus he is too strong for Kell to tie up, and he knows all the little tricks to control positions inside so he's very hard to clinch. It's also not like Kell is going to manhandle GGG even if he does manage to tie him up, GGG will probably be able to maneuver out of the clinch before the ref even separates. We also know that you're not going to interrupt or misdirect a GGG bomb very easily by beating him to the punch, which Geale learned the hard way.

I just don't see what Brook does that will get him the win. I can definitely see him giving GGG some trouble with his quickness and timing. I can see Brook landed some good strong jabs and lead left hooks at some point. I can see him landing some good counters with his left hand, and I think he might even bust GGG up a bit before he gets hurt and likely stopped. He could move backwards the whole fight and might be able to survive, but he won't give himself a chance to win if he does that.

TL;DR

No but seriously...this is how I see the fight playing out as well. I think Kell Brook might even win the first several rounds but unfolding as you describe.

I applaud Brook for having the balls to make a bold move of this magnitude and fight "the man" of that weight class.

I don't think Brook has the savvy, and quickness to evade GGG all three rounds. GGG has the luxury of being able to make mistakes in this fight, all he needs is one crippling punch.

Brook has to be on point, the entire fight.

TL;DR

No but seriously...this is how I see the fight playing out as well. I think Kell Brook might even win the first several rounds but unfolding as you describe.

I applaud Brook for having the balls to make a bold move of this magnitude and fight "the man" of that weight class.

I don't think Brook has the savvy, and quickness to evade GGG all three rounds. GGG has the luxury of being able to make mistakes in this fight, all he needs is one crippling punch.

Brook has to be on point, the entire fight.
All of this. Which is why, like Canelo-Khan, is a waste of time for both fighters to get paydays. Brook can start as well as he wants, the outcome will be GGG by KO. The added bulk will mean nothing for Brook.

I hope Brook knocks him out. I will laugh and laugh.

Because GGG is taking this fight and not another one?

tumblr_mezy08dbze1qbm00wo1_500.gif

Back