Sean O'Malley vs. Jose Quinonez Added to UFC 229-Oct. 6th

O'Malley should get a long slow build. Kids got the talent and charisma to be a megastar but he's not there yet.

they're going to do everything they can to hype him but somehow, Shelby and Mick will match him up vs someone he isn't ready for too soon at some point and he'll get crushed. They do this with basically everyone.

As long as they add

Lee or Ferguson vs Pettis and I'm happy. I'd be very happy if we get Lee vs Pettis, Ferguson vs Hooker/Iaquinta
I'm confident we get Lee vs. Pettis and than the Main Card looks like:

Conor vs. Khabib
Lewis vs. Volkov
Lee vs. Pettis
Reyes vs. OSP
O'Malley vs. Quinonez

I'm not mad at that Main Card at all. It's very good and gives you the chance to highlight 3 possible future stars of the sport in Lee, Reyes and O'Malley. Smart move by the UFC imo.

It's smart
Conor X Khabib sells by itself
Then stack the next card so you possibly have 2 cards that do over 1M buys

There's not one fight the Ufc can make that sells a million buys without Conor. Unless they Jones returns or they can get Gsp to fight Anderson.

And watch, omalley probably gets a top 5 ranking or close to a title shot after beating this guy with the way things are going lately smh
<{cruzshake}>

I don't know about top 5 but they're definitely going to try to force him somewhere he doesn't deserve, prob the lower end of the top 15.

They like him so that's automatically plus 5 in rankings.

There's not one fight the Ufc can make that sells a million buys without Conor. Unless they Jones returns or they can get Gsp to fight Anderson.
If they get a proper headliner for UFC 230 I think it could get 1mil. If the rumors are true and they manage to get Bones on there, I think it'll definitely do 1mil.

That my point, not one fight, but a stacked card could
230 could do 1M if Nate stays on the card and GSP headlines OR If GSP headlines 231 instead and Jones gets cleared to headline 230 then both those cards could do between 700k-800k

Dude is a bit over dramatic, but he's fun to watch. Quinonez may be a no namer but he's on a good run

Not sure if trolling.

Quinones was the runner up on season 1 of TUF Mexico. He lost 2 points in the finale which caused him to recklessly throw away the third round. He's an extremely well rounded fighter with a deceptively good clinch game. There's a reason he's won 4 straight since losing at the TUF Mexico finale.

Not sure if trolling. Maybe you should watch a Quinonez fight. He's an extremely well rounded fighter with a deceptively good clinch game.
his best win was vs someone from japan...and that was a decision

his best win was vs someone from japan...and that was a decision
From a rankings perspective, his best win is outside the UFC against Alejandro Perez. Inside the UFC, his win over Chimmy was his most impressive performance.

Chimmy should have never been cut from the UFC. He dominated Benitez on TUF, and had a close fight with Yair Rodriguez in the TUF finals.

Should be a fun scrap favoring an O'Mally buildup. Guess it works well enough for an opener too.

I feel like Jose is going to get it done against Sean.

WAR Sugar Sean. I dig this kid.

Someone should shoop that pic of him looking like he's straight off of Soul Train.

Yup, O’Malley is obviously the guy to push, but it has to be done right.

Via O'Malley himself on the Helwani show. Not mad at the matchup either. O'Malley has that "it" factor but still has a long way to go. This is a good fight to showcase his talents. If he wins, then maybe he'll be considered for a lower end top 15 guy.

O'Malley says this fight will kick off the PPV Main Card even though he preferred to be the "Prelim Main Event" for UFC 229 to get more eyes on his fight.

Pretty sure Lewis X Volkov was announced as the co-main

Card to build him up to get casual... opponent to look impressive against. Smart move.

Lol at “more eyes on the Prelim Main Event”.

Who told him this was every other bum ppv?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back