Screw all of you - just keep talking about Planet of the @%@%@% apes

Which movies do you sincerely enjoy the most?

• Total voters
giphy.gif

I like Star Wars, but as an adult I find them overrated. Even the original 3...

<{cum@me}>

<{cum@me}>
Even as a kid I thought they sucked. Find it intolerable now.

Ceasar > everyone in SW universe.
97252182b1df3f434bddd861606db214.jpg

Original Trilogy & Prequel Trilogy >>> Disney’s Overblown Avengers & SJW “Star Wars”

Thor is a white guy. Banner is a white guy. Cap is a white guy. Ironman, white man. Spider-Man, white male kid. Starlord, white man. Dr Strange, white man.

For fucks sake even when they created a person from scratch, it was so white it came out looking like Paul Bettany.

You can say they’re slightly moving in that direction, but the MCU has been anything but “SJW crap”. Whatever the hell that means these days.

If you were referring just to SW, I can see it. But not the MCU.

<{cum@me}>
I respect Star Wars and did really enjoy browsing Wookiepedia, but they're definitely overrated.

I will say that I enjoyed the first film. The series is ruined by the subsequent movies.
Irradiated albinos with psychic power who worship a bomb. It really is something to succeed in making the audience accept a world overrun by intelligent apes, and then with that level of acceptance, make something that would be considered ridiculous in that same movie.
haha yeah that second movie is so bad I tried to block it from my memory. I mostly try to pretend the sequels don't exist, although the fourth film Battle for the Planet of the Apes was surprisingly good I thought.

I respect Star Wars and did really enjoy browsing Wookiepedia, but they're definitely overrated.
I think the first and second films hold up well, Empire Strikes Back in particular. I count it among my favorite films, and that's having gone back and watched the series as an adult after 10+ years without seeing them.

Return of the Jedi is kind of bad though. It has some moments I like, but mostly it's an unsatisfying conclusion to the series. When I watch the first two films I imagine that Leia is not Luke's sister, because it's so obvious that was never meant to be the case and it's a pretty awful twist.

Planet of the Apes franchise shits all over Marvel, Star Wars, DC, Star Trek or any other property.
e0abc6c000dcef1c3bad0961f183e0b0.jpg

You high. The first new PotA (Rise?) was very good, the rest sucked.

You high. The first new PotA (Rise?) was very good, the rest sucked.
Bullshit. Koba was fucking terrifying and Caesar's journey was epic. They were all good movies, if not great. I always said a movie about Genghis Khan would be incredible, and they did that by turning him in to a chimpanzee and adding sci-fi goodness to it.

Thor is a white guy. Banner is a white guy. Cap is a white guy. Ironman, white man. Spider-Man, white male kid. Starlord, white man. Dr Strange, white man.

For fucks sake even when they created a person from scratch, it was so white it came out looking like Paul Bettany.

You can say they’re slightly moving in that direction, but the MCU has been anything but “SJW crap”. Whatever the hell that means these days.

If you were referring just to SW, I can see it. But not the MCU.
I think they were just referring to Star Wars as SJW. On one hand if you're representing Earth's population, you need a lot more Asians and a few black characters, but it's technically set in the past and could have whatever demographics the writer wants. I haven't watched Rogue One or Jedi yet though, so maybe I'm missing some egregious SJW tomfoolery.

I find that I like going thru the wiki universe of different books, games, movies, comics etc more than the actual orginal product at times.

I find that I like going thru the wiki universe of different books, games, movies, comics etc more than the actual orginal product at times.

I find a good world can be more fascinating than the stories told in them. It's why people love Star Wars and Lord of the Rings so much, they're just a piece of a whole fantastic universe that we're peaking in to. I've been working on a story for 8 years and it's been almost entirely on world building.

I find a good world can be more fascinating than the stories told in them. It's why people love Star Wars and Lord of the Rings so much, they're just a piece of a whole fantastic universe that we're peaking in to. I've been working on a story for 8 years and it's been almost entirely on world building.
I wish I can write stories :(

Sjws and anti sjws are two sides of the same coin. Equally triggered by everything yet so blind to be aware that they share so much in common. Makes me laugh everytime.

Back