Screw all of you - just keep talking about Planet of the @%@%@% apes

Which movies do you sincerely enjoy the most?

• Total voters
I loved the originals too. They're campy and objectively inferior to the new ones, but they have a ton of charm and did a lot of stuff that we had never really seen before. An ambitious sci-fi that had a lot of success and actually tried to have messages. Them and and Godzilla are my top two movie universes. One is the story of how humanity deals with humanity, the other how humanity deals with nature.
I was really disappointed in War. I thought it was the weakest of the new PotA trilogy. I was pretty disappointed with it.

Star Wars was considered can't-miss GOLD for decades. The prequels were gonna be successful just because they were the prequels. Even after those underwhelmed, the brand still had enough power to make TFA the biggest movie in the world.

Marvel Comics were literally laughed out of pitch meetings for years. The idea of taking properties like Ironman and Black Panther, and making hits out of them, was literally something movie execs laughed at. They would've made an Ewoks movie before an Avengers movie for a long time.

Now the MCU is the most cohesive movie universe ever crafted, Black Panther just had a 200mil opening and the 19th movie was their best ever.

Star Wars just made a movie so bad it knocked $70 million out of a Han Solo prequel. A prequel that 20 years ago, would've been made 13 times before anyone even thought of trying a Dr Strange movie.

It's almost like examples standing in direct contrast of eachother. Star Wars was something you had to TRY to not make money with. Marvel was something no one thought would make back it's FX budget let alone profit as whole. Now we're at the point where Antman and The Wasp might double the opening of a Han Solo movie. If you said that 20 years ago, people would think you were high.

Taking away the Star Wars EU was like taking Ubereems Horse Meat.

I must have been the only kid who didn't see the original trilogy. When I finally got around to them I found the acting to be so atrocious it took me right out. The rest of Star Wars are only worth single viewings; all flash and effects with no heart or depth. It's bizarre to say I prefer comic book movies over a game-changer in culture in society. But Marvel doesn't get enough credit even now on what they have accomplished.

I loved the originals too. They're campy and objectively inferior to the new ones, but they have a ton of charm and did a lot of stuff that we had never really seen before. An ambitious sci-fi that had a lot of success and actually tried to have messages. Them and and Godzilla are my top two movie universes. One is the story of how humanity deals with humanity, the other how humanity deals with nature.
Don't be silly. Of course they aren't. Learn what the word objective means.

I was really disappointed in War. I thought it was the weakest of the new PotA trilogy. I was pretty disappointed with it.
What with exactly? That was a tough movie to make with what they wanted. I thought the acting carried it well enough and the ending was perfect. It was definitely the slowest, but I still really enjoyed what they introduced to the story. Alone it's the weakest for sure, but I think it was great for it's role in the trilogy.

What with exactly? That was a tough movie to make with what they wanted. I thought the acting carried it well enough and the ending was perfect. It was definitely the slowest, but I still really enjoyed what they introduced to the story. Alone it's the weakest for sure, but I think it was great for it's role in the trilogy.
I didn't like the conflict enough. The end battle was flat, and Woody didn't deliver like he usually does. The virus wiping people's intelligence away was a smart idea, but the execution was off for me. I needed more, and felt it was boring.

For perspective, I thought the first one was by far the best of the new trilogy, but Dawn was terrific as well.

War was like a 6.5/10 for me.

Don't be silly. Of course they aren't. Learn what the word objective means.
The originals are incredibly flawed. Like why wasn't he surprised to hear they spoke English? I love them, but they aren't nearly as solid as the new ones. You can subjectively enjoy them more.

The originals are incredibly flawed. Like why wasn't he surprised to hear they spoke English? I love them, but they aren't nearly as solid as the new ones. You can subjectively enjoy them more.
I don't. I enjoy the new ones more. But I know what the word objective means. You can't use that word when talking about quality. Quality is always subjective, never objective.

Original Star Wars are superior but as a whole MCU (i'm not a huge fan of superhero/comic movies).

but the prequels (outside of Darth Maul and the Mary Sue movies are pretty much lame as it gets).

I am a big Star Wars fan but I don't like to live in their universe I don't want a light Saber shove up my ass

Star Wars was considered can't-miss GOLD for decades. The prequels were gonna be successful just because they were the prequels. Even after those underwhelmed, the brand still had enough power to make TFA the biggest movie in the world.

Marvel Comics were literally laughed out of pitch meetings for years. The idea of taking properties like Ironman and Black Panther, and making hits out of them, was literally something movie execs laughed at. They would've made an Ewoks movie before an Avengers movie for a long time.

Now the MCU is the most cohesive movie universe ever crafted, Black Panther just had a 200mil opening and the 19th movie was their best ever.

Star Wars just made a movie so bad it knocked $70 million out of a Han Solo prequel. A prequel that 20 years ago, would've been made 13 times before anyone even thought of trying a Dr Strange movie.

It's almost like examples standing in direct contrast of eachother. Star Wars was something you had to TRY to not make money with. Marvel was something no one thought would make back it's FX budget let alone profit as whole. Now we're at the point where Antman and The Wasp might double the opening of a Han Solo movie. If you said that 20 years ago, people would think you were high.

Good post

MCU. Which flies in the face of my childhood.

Empire is greater than anything Marvel has done, or will do. Empire is one of the best films ever made. Marvel is more consistent, but also very mediocre. They've made 3 films that are actually good, but they've made nothing as insulting as TLJ either.

Even comparing the franchises is a sign of how far Star Wars has fallen. #sad

AND I'M TALKING ABOUT THE LIVE ACTION MOVIES ONLY!!!

There's 19 MCU movies currently and 10 Star Wars Movies

MCU just offered us Avengers: Infinity War while Star Wars offered us Solo: A Star Wars Story

But we're considering ALL the movies as a whole

Which is best??? Talk about it. Get into fights among yourselves

Marvel.jpg

star-wars-wallpaper-600x337.jpg

Marvel.

Star Wars has been reduced to complete shit with episodes VII and VIII.

I didn't like the conflict enough. The end battle was flat, and Woody didn't deliver like he usually does. The virus wiping people's intelligence away was a smart idea, but the execution was off for me. I needed more, and felt it was boring.

For perspective, I thought the first one was by far the best of the new trilogy, but Dawn was terrific as well.

War was like a 6.5/10 for me.
It dissapointed people because the trailer misled them, so they expected grand battle scenes between men and apes. But the movie is more about the apes finding their humanity through mercy and tolerance and the biblical themes, while heavy-handed, were successful.

And the relationship between Maurice and Nova was too precious:
FTNL.gif

Loved every scene with Bad Ape too:
MeaslyZealousDuiker-size_restricted.gif

Just talking about this movie makes me wanna watch it again. UTTERLY DELIGHTFUL.

Back