SCOTUS Rules Texas Maps Aren't Gerrymandered

Total fucking bullshit, they should be ashamed of themselves for this.

It's legal disenfranchisement, let's call this horse shit what it is.

gerrymander.png

I used to live in this one, and freaking hated it.
I lived at the very bottom of this crazy ass gerrymandered district and wacky ass Corrine Brown was in my district. This district is packed full of black people and Corrine was never going to lose her spot. Corrine is a dumbass and she represented my district at the time. One of the reason I could not wait to move. They have since done away this district.
This is a classic example of a gerrymandered district.
If Jesus ran as a Republican in this district he would have no shot, unless he was black.

You do realize that is the handy work of Republicans right? It doesn't serve the interests of Democrats to have a district "packed full of black people". That actually serves Republican interests. Its a gerryingmandering technique called (wait for it...) packing. You pack as many people in the opposing party into as few districts as possible then you spread the rest out thinly through the other districts (which is a technique called cracking). Basically, any vote above 50% for a candidate is a wasted vote that could have gone to making another district more competitive. Obviously, you want to have a little buffer so the district is safe but having someone win by a 40+ margin is a lot of wasted votes. You don't want to waste your votes but you'll gladly waste the votes of the opposing party. So, for example, lets say you have 10 districts in your state. You pack a bunch of people that don't typically vote for you into 2 districts. You're surrendering those 2 districts to the opposition. You'll never win an election there. In fact, you'll lose big but that is by design because now you can create 8 districts that are mostly made up of your supporters and you'll win in those districts the majority of the time.

Total fucking bullshit, they should be ashamed of themselves for this.

It's legal disenfranchisement, let's call this horse shit what it is.
{<jimmies}

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back