Scottish man water fasts for over a year and lost...

You look great. Awesome job man.

That's a strange diet though. Never heard of that one before but it makes sense. flour and sugar are largely the difference between good carbs and bad. I assume you mean added sugar, so like you still ate fruit and stuff with natural sugar?

Yes. Basically just ate natural foods. No processed stuff. So lots of Meat, Fruits and Veggies.

Wait, what? His body ate his body fat?

Yes. Basically just ate natural foods. No processed stuff. So lots of Meat, Fruits and Veggies.

Did you consume rice and/or potatoes?

Or was it low carbs with some fruits?

Also, what kinds of meats did you consume.

Did you consume rice and/or potatoes?

Or was it low carbs with some fruits?

Also, what kinds of meats did you consume.

Yep. As long as it grew in the ground I could eat it. I ate pretty much any kind of meat, poultry, or Fish, that I wanted. Usually had Chicken or Beef, but I ate a lot of Fish too.

Last edited:
Yep. As long as it grew in the ground I could eat it. I ate pretty much any kind of meat, poultry, or Fish, that I wanted. Usually had Chicken or Beef, but I ate a lot of Fish too.

What about cold cuts and processed meats like bacon and sausage?

I ask because they are tasty and convenient.

There are a lot of people who do long term water fasts now on YouTube who document it daily. I personally would never do it but it is really interesting to follow along. There are also 'detox' fasting centers also.

Water fast means you only drink water right, not abstain from water right?

A 450 pound Scottish man fasted for over a year, to be specific 382 days to reach his ideal goal which was 185 pounds. He reached it and after 5 years, he only gained 10 pounds which is amazing since he practically kept it off.

He started the journey at 27 years old.

http://coach.nine.com.au/2016/04/06...the-207kg-scotsman-who-fasted-for-over-a-year

HOLY SHIT! I have heard about this guy before but just as I was making this thread, I found his picture!

His name is Angus Barbieri
57820fc2-ac32-4b4a-b9e1-976aae87bf79.jpg

img_0143.jpg

Cliffs:

-OP/I saw the " I hate fat people thread" and was disgusted about the stories of obnoxious fat people

- I was thinking how shitty and soft we are in modern society

- I remembered hearing about this Scottish dude but no name or pic

- Was making this thread and found his pic

-This dude is tougher than 99 percent of pro fighters

- Respect to men and women of 1960s for not being whiny little pussies and taking accountability and action!

didnt they just swap the b4 and after photos around, you do realize fat people are ageless did you?

Last edited:
he isnt tough he just found a clever technique that worked,, drink so much your brain is tricked into feeling full easy

Not easy if it has to be done for 382 days! So many fighters in various combat sports who cant control their weight and yet they are supposed to be bad mofos. This guy is a TRUE badass!

A 450 pound Scottish man fasted for over a year, to be specific 382 days to reach his ideal goal which was 185 pounds. He reached it and after 5 years, he only gained 10 pounds which is amazing since he practically kept it off.

He started the journey at 27 years old.

http://coach.nine.com.au/2016/04/06...the-207kg-scotsman-who-fasted-for-over-a-year

HOLY SHIT! I have heard about this guy before but just as I was making this thread, I found his picture!

His name is Angus Barbieri
57820fc2-ac32-4b4a-b9e1-976aae87bf79.jpg

img_0143.jpg

Cliffs:

-OP/I saw the " I hate fat people thread" and was disgusted about the stories of obnoxious fat people

- I was thinking how shitty and soft we are in modern society

- I remembered hearing about this Scottish dude but no name or pic

- Was making this thread and found his pic

-This dude is tougher than 99 percent of pro fighters

- Respect to men and women of 1960s for not being whiny little pussies and taking accountability and action!

Good for him but is he still alive?

Not easy if it has to be done for 382 days! So many fighters in various combat sports who cant control their weight and yet they are supposed to be bad mofos. This guy is a TRUE badass!
Did this badass trained as hard as combat sports athletes while he was doing his fasting?

Ahhh...but no true scotsman...

I know about the fallacy, don't think you can pull a fast one on ME! Lol!

Good for him but is he still alive?

No he passed away at age of 52. Cause of death is unknown but after weight loss, he had two healthy children.

Is it a cool story though?

It iz!

Aye a true scottsman would have died of a heart attack at 27 years old

When he went on the fast, Bruce Lee was still alive. This was 1960s bro!

Did this badass trained as hard as combat sports athletes while he was doing his fasting?

Hard to say, not much info on him. This pic is relatively new on the internet surface. For the longest time, he was referred to as A.B but recently, people found out old news paper archive and we got a reveal.

For all we know, he could have boxed since that shit is popular in Europe...

All okay.

Good to know. Myself, I can be a meat freak and so, due to by over enjoying of fatty meat, I have to focus on a more raw food meat free diet since I have the tendency to over consume meats like cold cuts.

Hunnid percent this was before the deep-fried mars bar era.

I read the title as "Water farts"... left disappointed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back