Scottish man water fasts for over a year and lost...

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
A 450 pound Scottish man fasted for over a year, to be specific 382 days to reach his ideal goal which was 185 pounds. He reached it and after 5 years, he only gained 10 pounds which is amazing since he practically kept it off.

He started the journey at 27 years old.

http://coach.nine.com.au/2016/04/06...the-207kg-scotsman-who-fasted-for-over-a-year

HOLY SHIT! I have heard about this guy before but just as I was making this thread, I found his picture!

His name is Angus Barbieri
57820fc2-ac32-4b4a-b9e1-976aae87bf79.jpg

img_0143.jpg

Cliffs:

-OP/I saw the " I hate fat people thread" and was disgusted about the stories of obnoxious fat people

- I was thinking how shitty and soft we are in modern society

- I remembered hearing about this Scottish dude but no name or pic

- Was making this thread and found his pic

-This dude is tougher than 99 percent of pro fighters

- Respect to men and women of 1960s for not being whiny little pussies and taking accountability and action!

Last edited:
Yeah he's often cited in debates over whether fasting is good or bad for your health.

Thanks for the pic though, never seen that. Amazing transformation.

I'm amazed that it could really be that simple. If you're fat, stop eating until you're not fat anymore. LOL how everyone thinks you're gonna die.

Strength has its limits, but discipline can move mountains.

Good for him

Yeah he's often cited in debates over whether fasting is good or bad for your health.

Thanks for the pic though, never seen that. Amazing transformation.

I'm amazed that it could really be that simple. If you're fat, stop eating until you're not fat anymore. LOL how everyone thinks you're gonna die.

For sure, I use this guy and Takamura ( HNI character) as inspiration for going through horrific dieting and weight cuts. In the case of Angus Barbieri, he did drink tea, coffee and water soda and after sometimes he was consuming some yeast prescribed by his doctors, so it wasn't a PURE water fast but fuck bro, that's a bad ass dude!

No worries man, I literally found the pic when I was making this thread, I have heard about this guy around 2 and a half years ago but saw the picture like 10 minutes ago and also, I added new pic of him!

I am updating the OP because this dude has more pics, his name and identity reveal is relatively new to the internet.

From the article in the OP
For those of you wondering at home – and I know some of you would ask – Mr A B defecated extremely infrequently during his fast, popping off to the loo just once every 50 days or so.
I think that part alone would make it worth the trouble!

I wish someone would try this today. It seems as if the close monitoring by doctors is an absolute MUST though. This guy would've died without them adjusting his intake of yeast, vitamins, and especially potassium along the way.

It would be incredibly hard to find a doctor willing to do this, but it sounds like the doctors back then didn't want to do it either, but finally the guy said, "Look, I'm going to starve myself anyway, but if you monitor my progress I may at least have a chance of living through it." I bet that argument might convince some doctor out there to give it a try.

Losing that much weight that quick, his loose skin must have been horrific.

Juice fasting is probably a more healthy way to lose a lot of weight.

Only pooping once every 50 days. Damn.

this is proof-positive that practically anyone can lose weight, so long as they are TRULY dedicated to it. all it takes is willpower and the desire to want to lose the weight. i've been thirty pounds overweight in my young teens, and that's how i lost the weight.

I think it's important to mention he ate yeast for protein and also took vitamins and potassium. A lot of people that try to go on a diet neglect the necessary protein to maintain their muscles.

I wish someone would try this today. It seems as if the close monitoring by doctors is an absolute MUST though. This guy would've died without them adjusting his intake of yeast, vitamins, and especially potassium along the way.

It would be incredibly hard to find a doctor willing to do this, but it sounds like the doctors back then didn't want to do it either, but finally the guy said, "Look, I'm going to starve myself anyway, but if you monitor my progress I may at least have a chance of living through it." I bet that argument might convince some doctor out there to give it a try.

I agree, I am sick of fat acceptance non sense which oddly enough is represented by women who are also feminist. To me this shows that these human beings enjoy glorifying weak minded behavior.

But yes I agree, I use the raw food diet for my weight loss method. Usually I try to eat well balanced but with family get togethers and what have you, sometimes the weight creeps up. So I do a raw foods which works well for me and I enjoy it a lot.

So myself, I like to see a study done with people integrating some raw food fasting in their diets. This way we get a better understanding if the medical professionals are monitoring the individuals. But not just raw foods but other diets like paleo, low carb, low fat or what ever you can think of.

Its good to have solid data to establish patterns.

Losing that much weight that quick, his loose skin must have been horrific.

I don't know about loose skin but this dude past away in September of 1990 which was in his early 50s. The cause is unknown but he did have two healthy children after the weight loss.

Juice fasting is probably a more healthy way to lose a lot of weight.

Not necessary, this guy was monitored and was given proper amounts of potassium and yeast and what have you in order to survive from any type of deficiency.

With juices, you don't know if the particular juice has the proper nutrition that matches that persons nutritional need in the fast. Myself I practice the raw foods which means fruit juices are important but for another person, they might have a different genetic make up and that might end up being harmful if their body has different types of need.

Only pooping once every 50 days. Damn.

Makes sense, in my raw food diet, in the beginning I have intense emptying of bowl movement and then after few days it stops, mainly urine and occasionally night sweats but a pleasant morning with higher levels of energy.

this is proof-positive that practically anyone can lose weight, so long as they are TRULY dedicated to it. all it takes is willpower and the desire to want to lose the weight. i've been thirty pounds overweight in my young teens, and that's how i lost the weight.

I agree, I am disgusting by fat acceptance which seems to be something that was concocted by these weak minded whiny feminist.

Not being a sexist but I have never seen a video of overweight men promoting fat acceptance.

You lost 30 lbs in one long fast? How long did it take? And did you take vitamins?

You lost 30 lbs in one long fast? How long did it take? And did you take vitamins?

i didn't approach it the healthiest way, to be honest. i lost the thirty pounds in i'd say roughly 3 1/2 months. i strictly ate fruits, veggies, and fish. that's it. it was boring as fuck, but it worked. i avoided sugars, fats, and carbs as much as i could. the thing that a lot of people who are trying to lose weight don't understand, is once you lose the weight, it's not that hard to keep it off, because your stomach shrinks, and you physically can't eat as much as you used to. the biggest issue, is to be strict with the times you eat. be consistent about it, and don't eat late at night. in terms of exercise, i walked for at least an hour a day. the exercise helped, but it was eating healthy that really did the trick.

That is boss behavior.

That is boss behavior.

It really is!

No funny victim playing game, no bitching, no complaining, chose the hardest route and despite the experiment being for two months, he decided to go full throttle and make it over a year.

That and after 5 years, he only gained 10 pounds which is amazing since he practically he kept off all the weight.

I had a friend in highschool who swore off all solid food for Lent and lost 20 pounds. Granted, he didn't really need to lose weight in the first place, and he looked like a Holocaust survivor by the end.

I did a no flour and no sugar diet and lost 140 pounds. I've kept it off ever since. Definitely have had a better life since getting in shape.

4Yl1Beie9YzvsNrviwhDo6r9XXUeTq.png

Last edited:
I did a no flour and no sugar diet for a year and lost 140 pounds. I've kept it off ever since. Hated being fat.... :D

4Yl1Beie9YzvsNrviwhDo6r9XXUeTq.png

You look great. Awesome job man.

That's a strange diet though. Never heard of that one before but it makes sense. flour and sugar are largely the difference between good carbs and bad. I assume you mean added sugar, so like you still ate fruit and stuff with natural sugar?

Back