Scottie Pippen aint a top 50 player......

Cause he's losing his mind from being near Rodman for all those years

As a casual I think people pick Kobe over LeRoid because Kobe never really became a ghost in the playoffs the way LeRoid did during the beginning of his career.

The other factor too is that Kobe never left some of those shite Lakers teams he was on for super teams too.
Fair enough. Although, Kobe missed the playoffs more times than Lebron (and Kobe's were in his prime whereas Lebron missed when he was a teenager). Lebron has better numbers in the postseason. And Kobe had some awful early and prime playoff appearances as well, but he wasn't the star of the team yet, where Lebron was from 19 on. I mean, Lebron's worst playoff run was that first year in Miami (where he absolutely choked in the Finals), where he went 23, 8 and 7 on 46% shooting. It's either that year or his second playoff run when he carried a terrible Cavs team to the Finals despite shooting 42% but then got destroyed by the Spurs. Either way, Kobe has had worse playoff runs. He's also choked away a Finals against Det with historically terrible shot selection and he quit on his team in a game 7.

As for the team switching. Again yes, but Kobe ran Shaq out of town and then threatened to leave if the Lakers didn't get him help. But it's true he never actually ran to another team. But he also played for a truly great franchise, not Dan Gilbert, so had every reasonable expectation that they would build around him.

Fair enough. Although, Kobe missed the playoffs more times than Lebron (and Kobe's were in his prime whereas Lebron missed when he was a teenager). Lebron has better numbers in the postseason. And Kobe had some awful early and prime playoff appearances as well, but he wasn't the star of the team yet, where Lebron was from 19 on. I mean, Lebron's worst playoff run was that first year in Miami (where he absolutely choked in the Finals), where he went 23, 8 and 7 on 46% shooting. It's either that year or his second playoff run when he carried a terrible Cavs team to the Finals despite shooting 42% but then got destroyed by the Spurs. Either way, Kobe has had worse playoff runs. He's also choked away a Finals against Det with historically terrible shot selection and he quit on his team in a game 7.

As for the team switching. Again yes, but Kobe ran Shaq out of town and then threatened to leave if the Lakers didn't get him help. But it's true he never actually ran to another team. But he also played for a truly great franchise, not Dan Gilbert, so had every reasonable expectation that they would build around him.
Like I said, as a casual fan that barely watches pro basketball since Stern fucked Seattle out of a team that was my take on it.

If LeBron leaves again and goes to GS... yeah....

Pippen was part of the greatest 1-2 punch in NBA history. A key member of a dynasty team with Jordan he deserves all the accolades he receives. Offensively Pippen was very good yet he was at true two-way player and understood responsibility. 7x all-star, 8x NBA all-defensive first team, a top 10 steals leader all-time, 2x team USA gold medalist.

The better question would be how’s Pippen not a top 50 player of all-time?

Last edited:
Pippen was part of the greatest 1-2 punch in NBA history. A key member of a dynasty team with Jordan he deserves all the accolades he receives. Offensively Pippen was very good yet he was at true two-way player and understood responsibility. 7x all-star, 8x NBA all-defensive first team, a top 10 steals leader all-time, 2x team USA gold medalist.

The better question would be how’s Pippen not a top 50 player of all-time?
do you think he would have been a top 50 player had he not been on those bulls teams? he got way more attention than he would have otherwise got because he was on the most famous team in america

do you think he would have been a top 50 player had he not been on those bulls teams? he got way more attention than he would have otherwise got because he was on the most famous team in america

The counter to that is he deserved all the attention due to him being a key member to those Bulls dynasty teams. No matter how you slice he was an important part of that group being #2. He was not a role player like Horace Grant gaining rebounds and easy buckets on the boards, those were not all easy merely me making a point. It needs to be noted Pippen was never replaced in the second dynasty run.

If he wasn't on those Bulls teams, he also would've had significantly better career stats, which could have garnered him more respect on these all-time lists. Playing in MJ's shadow got him more exposure, but it also meant his ceiling in perception in the eyes of fans/media, was being the GOAT sidekick.

If he wasn't on those Bulls teams, he also would've had significantly better career stats, which could have garnered him more respect on these all-time lists. Playing in MJ's shadow got him more exposure, but it also meant his ceiling in perception in the eyes of fans/media, was being the GOAT sidekick.
maybe. but you could also say its a lot easier getting stats when everyone was focused on Jordan. You aren't the center of attention. honestly, i dont thin he was built to be the primary on a team. i think he was the perfect number 2 guy

maybe. but you could also say its a lot easier getting stats when everyone was focused on Jordan. You aren't the center of attention. honestly, i dont thin he was built to be the primary on a team. i think he was the perfect number 2 guy

It's one of basketball "what-if's".

He's certainly the perfect number 2 for Jordan, but he also clearly had the capability to step up to #1 when needed. He lead the Bulls in scoring, rebounds and assists while Jordan was playing baseball and his shooting numbers were excellent, especially for the era. The year completely without Jordan he lead them to 55 wins and 7 games into the 2nd round against the team that went to the Finals.

Dennis Rodman absolutely needs to be in the top 50. Dude's rebounding and the points gained/prevented due to it was an outlier in basketball history.

WiltandBill_28675_image009.png

image5_thumb.png

image_thumb7_thumb.png

081710_0019_4.png

082010_1312_TheCaseforD2.png

https://skepticalsports.com/the-case-for-dennis-rodman-guide/

My gut instinct has always been that after GOAT contenders and maybe a few other superstars Rodman would be the next guy I want on my team just so I wouldn’t have to deal with playing against him. It's nice to see some stats back that up.

My gut instinct has always been that after GOAT contenders and maybe a few other superstars Rodman would be the next guy I want on my team just so I wouldn’t have to deal with playing against him. It's nice to see some stats back that up.
Teams need players to fill niches; something that seems to be lost in today's league where everyone just plays the 2/3. Rodman is the ideal enforcer. He crashed the boards, picked up easy points, terrorized the paint on defense, and waged psychological and physical warfare on the other team's best post player. Comparing him to guy in the top 50 like Steve Nash is essentially apples and oranges.

Scottie Pippen was an all-around great basketball player. Offense-defense, a forward that could run the point (pretty much a unique hybrid). Ranks top 60 in scoring, top 35 in assists, top 10 in steals, won 6 NBA titles, 7x All Star, 8x NBA All Defense Team.

He ranks higher in scoring than these players to name a few: Magic, Dr. J, Rick Barry, Pistol Pete, Arizin

He ranks higher in assists than these players to name a few: Jordan, Iverson, D-Wade

There are only 5 people that have more steals than him: Jordan, Stockton, Payton, Kidd, Cheeks

There are so many flaws in this post, I can only chalk it up as a troll job. No way could you be serious, you were just looking for people to respond to your thread.

Sorry. I'll put my money where my mouth is too.

No particular order

1. Jordan

2. Hakeem

3. Shaq

4. Kobe

5. Kareem

6. Magic

7. Larry

8. Oscar

9. Wilt

10. West

11. Lebron

12. Duncan

13. Curry

14. KD

15. Garnett

16. Dirk

17. Wade

18. Willis Reed

19. Russell

20. Stockton

21. Isiah

22. Elgin

23. Dr J

24. Rick Barry

25. Moses

26. McHale

27. Malone

28. Barkley

29. Lucas

30. Arizin

31. Elvin Hayes

32. AI

33. Robinson

34. Cowens

35. Unseld

36. Pistol Pete

37. Worthy

38. Gervin

39. Nash

40. Kidd

41. Payton

42. Petit

43. Thurmond

44. Greer

45. Dominique

46. Westbrook

47. Ewing

48. Tiny

49. Hawkins

50. Havilcek

It's weird how a player not even the top 50 was able to maintain a semblance of Eastern Conference competitiveness after Jordan's first retirement.

I've heard exactly one person ever say that Scottie Pippen is not a top 50 player. And who would have known it would be some asshole on the internet that thinks their opinions are worthy because they were able to create a message board account.

It's weird how a player not even the top 50 was able to maintain a semblance of Eastern Conference competitiveness after Jordan's first retirement.

I've heard exactly one person ever say that Scottie Pippen is not a top 50 player. And who would have known it would be some asshole on the internet that thinks their opinions are worthy because they were able to create a message board account.
What a strange post.
You are aware that the purpose of the forum is to give our opinions on things right?

What a strange post.
You are aware that the purpose of the forum is to give our opinions on things right?
Good job. You have a super controversial opinion but no one agrees with.

Let's say Michael Jordan sucked while we're at it.

Just my opinion.

Good job. You have a super controversial opinion but no one agrees with.

Let's say Michael Jordan sucked while we're at it.

Just my opinion.
No one agrees with me? Have you read the first couple pgs of the thread?

Why do you post here? Do you seek some sort of validation by having everyone agree with you or something?

Going strictly off resume & stats and not taking into account era's or eye tests...Pippen is a top 50 player all time

1 Kareem Abdul Jabbar C 4418.9
2 Bill Russell C 4303.5
3 Michael Jordan SG 3912
4 Lebron James SF 3276.2
5 Tim Duncan PF 3249.5
6 Magic Johnson PG 3107.1
7 Kobe Bryant SG 3099.9
8 Wilt Chamberlain C 2903.3
9 Shaquille Oneal C 2874.3
10 Larry Bird SF 2403.3
11 Bob Cousy PG 2267.5
12 Hakeem Olajuwon C 2126.1
13 Jerry West PG 2115.1
14 Karl Malone PF 2062.9
15 Julius Erving SF 1992
16 Bob Pettit PF 1939.1
17 Moses Malone C 1900
18 Oscar Robertson PG 1887.9
19 Kevin Garnett PF 1708.8
20 George Mikan C 1679.2
21 David Robinson C 1674.7
22 Dwyane Wade SG 1665.4
23 Elgin Baylor SF 1660.3
24 John Havlicek SF 1629.5
25 Dirk Nowitzki PF 1505.9
26 Dolph Schayes PF 1464.4
27 Kevin Durant SF 1366.8
28 Charles Barkley PF 1358
29 Stephen Curry PG 1319.1
30 Willis Reed C 1288.1
31 Rick Barry SF 1271.7
32 Elvin Hayes PF 1270.5
33 Chris Paul PG 1268.5
34 John Stockton PG 1236.4
35 Isiah Thomas PG 1209.7
36 Walt Frazier PG 1204
37 Jason Kidd PG 1199.9
38 Dave Cowens C 1184.3
39 Gary Payton PG 1176.1
40 Allen Iverson SG 1159.2
41 Dwight Howard C 1137.6
42 Patrick Ewing C 1101.9
43 Scottie Pippen SF 1069.7
44 Steve Nash PG 1051
45 Wes Unseld C 1008.8
46 Paul Arizin SF 975.9
47 Clyde Drexler SG 963.5
48 Artis Gilmore C 913
49 George Gervin SG 899.3
50 Paul Pierce SF 851.7

Going strictly off resume & stats and not taking into account era's or eye tests...Pippen is a top 50 player all time

1 Kareem Abdul Jabbar C 4418.9
2 Bill Russell C 4303.5
3 Michael Jordan SG 3912
4 Lebron James SF 3276.2
5 Tim Duncan PF 3249.5
6 Magic Johnson PG 3107.1
7 Kobe Bryant SG 3099.9
8 Wilt Chamberlain C 2903.3
9 Shaquille Oneal C 2874.3
10 Larry Bird SF 2403.3
11 Bob Cousy PG 2267.5
12 Hakeem Olajuwon C 2126.1
13 Jerry West PG 2115.1
14 Karl Malone PF 2062.9
15 Julius Erving SF 1992
16 Bob Pettit PF 1939.1
17 Moses Malone C 1900
18 Oscar Robertson PG 1887.9
19 Kevin Garnett PF 1708.8
20 George Mikan C 1679.2
21 David Robinson C 1674.7
22 Dwyane Wade SG 1665.4
23 Elgin Baylor SF 1660.3
24 John Havlicek SF 1629.5
25 Dirk Nowitzki PF 1505.9
26 Dolph Schayes PF 1464.4
27 Kevin Durant SF 1366.8
28 Charles Barkley PF 1358
29 Stephen Curry PG 1319.1
30 Willis Reed C 1288.1
31 Rick Barry SF 1271.7
32 Elvin Hayes PF 1270.5
33 Chris Paul PG 1268.5
34 John Stockton PG 1236.4
35 Isiah Thomas PG 1209.7
36 Walt Frazier PG 1204
37 Jason Kidd PG 1199.9
38 Dave Cowens C 1184.3
39 Gary Payton PG 1176.1
40 Allen Iverson SG 1159.2
41 Dwight Howard C 1137.6
42 Patrick Ewing C 1101.9
43 Scottie Pippen SF 1069.7
44 Steve Nash PG 1051
45 Wes Unseld C 1008.8
46 Paul Arizin SF 975.9
47 Clyde Drexler SG 963.5
48 Artis Gilmore C 913
49 George Gervin SG 899.3
50 Paul Pierce SF 851.7
what are those numbers next to the players? and how the hell do so many people have steph curry so high on their lists already? he might very well end up there, but no way is he a top 25 of all time player already. that is absurd. 6 years averaging 20 points and a whole 23 points per game lifetime average. he needs at least 2-3 more years before getting that kind of love

what are those numbers next to the players?

It's their Career Score according to this amazing formula I put together.

and how the hell do so many people have steph curry so high on their lists already? he might very well end up there, but no way is he a top 25 of all time player already. that is absurd. 6 years averaging 20 points and a whole 23 points per game lifetime average. he needs at least 2-3 more years before getting that kind of love

Curry's resume so far...

2x NBA Champion
3x Conf. Champion
2x NBA MVP
5x All Star
4x All NBA
1x Scoring Champ
1x Stls Champ

He also led his team to the greatest single season record of all time(73-9). He then turned around and led his team to the greatest playoff record of all time(16-1). He is the only unanimous MVP in league history. Oh, and he is also widely considered the single greatest shooter in basketball history.

Curry is short on longevity but his accomplishments are HUGE.

It's their Career Score according to this amazing formula I put together.

Curry's resume so far...

2x NBA Champion
3x Conf. Champion
2x NBA MVP
5x All Star
4x All NBA
1x Scoring Champ
1x Stls Champ

He also led his team to the greatest single season record of all time(73-9). He then turned around and led his team to the greatest playoff record of all time(16-1). He is the only unanimous MVP in league history. Oh, and he is also widely considered the single greatest shooter in basketball history.

Curry is short on longevity but his accomplishments are HUGE.
oh, well way to explain that formula. lol

as for curry, o doubt he will be there at some point. the accomplishments are also huge. but they are certainly matched and eclipsed by those lower (at this point). i just think there is no way he goes over the likes of ewing, iverson, etc. at this point in his career

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back