Scott Weiner's California bill could give you 1 year in jail for using the wrong transgender pronoun

Should people be fined or jailed by the govt for using the wrong transgender pronouns?

• Total voters
R

ripskater

http://www.breitbart.com/california...-in-jail-for-using-wrong-transgender-pronoun/

A new bill being considered by the California State Senate would punish people who “willfully and repeatedly” refuse “to use a transgender resident’s preferred name or pronouns” in a public health, retirement or housing institution.

The bill, SB 219, was proposed by State Sen. Scott Wiener (D-San Francisco). It includes several other provisions that require a health facility, for example, to honor the gender identity of a patient, meaning that the patient must be admitted to a room that comports with his or her chosen gender; allowed to use whatever bathroom he or she wants to use; and wear whatever clothing or cosmetics he or she decides to wear. It has gone through several amendments.

CBN News notes: “Fines for repeat offenders could be as high as $1,000 and a jail term of up to a year.”

Well this is an issue where the rim is set to 6'6".

Don't fuck it up, libs.

Well this is an issue where the rim is set to 6'6".

Don't fuck it up, libs.
I wouldn't think this would pass.

You're from California though, what's the chance that something like this gets a majority of votes and passes? Canada has something like this.

And I'm sure it could pass but they exclude 1 year of jail time and just start fining people for this. Which is still not free speech.

It feels like we're heading toward a world similar to the one in Equilibrium:

From the bill:

"'Gender identity' means a person’s identity based on the individual’s stated gender identity...without regard to any contrary statement by any other person."

As written, that includes mental health professionals whose opinion it is that a certain gender be used with a certain person. How is that suppose to be reconciled?

This shouldn't pass, but it's Ca so you never know. We are Canada junior over here these days.

Who's the full-retard that voted "yes"?

People complaining that slippery slope is a fallacy while we're tumbling down the hill at terminal velocity.

From the bill:

"'Gender identity' means a person’s identity based on the individual’s stated gender identity...without regard to any contrary statement by any other person."

As written, that includes mental health professionals whose opinion it is that a certain gender be used with a certain person. How is that suppose to be reconciled?
The MH professionals will have to fall in line else be condemned by the state for committing hate crimes.

I wouldn't think this would pass.

You're from California though, what's the chance that something like this gets a majority of votes and passes? Canada has something like this.

And I'm sure it could pass but they exclude 1 year of jail time and just start fining people for this. Which is still not free speech.
I'm from the conservative north valley of California, Rip (although we're gradually shifting into a Berniebot, region, too...ugggh). I don't really have my finger on the pulse of the Bay/SoCal. I visit Sacramento far more than either of those now that my older brother no longer lives in Santa Cruz. I basically never go below Sacramento. Why the hell would I?

My gut tells me no in a big way. I don't know how these idiotic ideas gain traction in the Commonwealth, but stupid shit like this still doesn't fly here-- not in the States, not even in libtard California.

My gut tells me no in a big way. I don't know how these idiotic ideas gain traction in the Commonwealth, but stupid shit like this still doesn't fly here-- not in the States, not even in libtard California.
Well I hope not.

Back