Scott Coker says Caldwell vs. Horiguchi has rematch clause – in Bellator, not Rizin

I'm assuming Horiguchi won't get a rematch if he loses?

I'm assuming Horiguchi won't get a rematch if he loses?
Check the video in the link!!! If Caldwell wins he has to go back to Japan and defend the title there at least once the same for horiguchi in the USA

Check the video in the link!!! If Caldwell wins he has to go back to Japan and defend the title there at least once the same for horiguchi in the USA

My apologies. Thanks pal.

That's pretty cool.

There was meant to be a rematch clause for Gil vs Aoki too

COKER CONNED DREAM

It's good to see, but lets hope its a real contract that actually means something unlike the one where the UFC bought Pride. We know how those Japs do.

It's good to see, but lets hope its a real contract that actually means something unlike the one where the UFC bought Pride. We know how those Japs do.

What do you mean by this? The only weird contract thing I remember from when the UFC bought Pride was when the UFC didn't want Mark Hunt but also didn't want him fighting for anyone else.

Am I the only person who thinks that Caldwell is going to handle Horiguchi? I know Horiguchi is talented standing, but I just don't see him being able to fend of Caldwell's TD.
I picture a mauling with a sub for Caldwell.

There was meant to be a rematch clause for Gil vs Aoki too

COKER CONNED DREAM

Coker did pick DREAM apart but Aoki himself dismissed a potential rematch with Gil as unnecessary.

Kawajiri beat JT in DREAM and JT never got a rematch in Strikeforce.

DREAM still had access to Ubereem and Mousasi plus Nick Diaz.

Am I the only person who thinks that Caldwell is going to handle Horiguchi? I know Horiguchi is talented standing, but I just don't see him being able to fend of Caldwell's TD.
I picture a mauling with a sub for Caldwell.

Nope, Cadwell seems to be the favorite.

I want to know for who will be rooting my fellow sherdoggers.

It makes sense to have a rematch clause. Good agreement between the two of them.

I will be rooting for Horiguchi but I think Caldwell might take it.

Nope, Cadwell seems to be the favorite.

which is only going to make the Gooch victory even sweeter.

Gonna be a great fight though, definitely two of the top 135/125 lb fighters in the world not in the UFC.

Co-promotion, baby!

Loved the Strikeforce and DREAM showdowns back in the day!

let's see how the fight turns out first before we decide on if a rematch is needed.

Coker did pick DREAM apart but Aoki himself dismissed a potential rematch with Gil as unnecessary.

Kawajiri beat JT in DREAM and JT never got a rematch in Strikeforce.

DREAM still had access to Ubereem and Mousasi plus Nick Diaz.

I might be remembering wrong, but I thought Gil vs Aoki rematch was meant to happen at NYE 2010. Instead we got the whole Nagashima debacle. I'm not saying Aoki would have won a rematch, but I think it would have been a completely different fight in a ring under DREAM's ruleset.

Wity the Askren-DJ trade and now this, I’m happy that the sport seems to be getting less fragmented.

Back