Scott Coker firing shots at Ben Askren

Ed Ruth is a 3-time NCAA DIV wrestling champion with decent MMA striking, compared to Askren who is a 2-time NCAA DIV wrestling champion who cannot strike.

yeah so what? Koscheck's accomplishments in wrestling are massive compared to GSP. GSP still dumped on him.

in fighting, the only thing that matters are if you're good enough. we don't know if Ed Ruth is even good enough to do what Askren has already done, let alone beat Askren himself.

how can you tell he has decent striking? he hasn't even fought anyone who's decent.

Hmm... I wonder why Askren only wanted 1 fight instead of fighting in the entire Bellator WW Grand Prix... Is there an opponent in that list who Askren doesn't want to fight against?

image003.png

I see at least 4 guys on that list that could nullify Ben and make hamburger out of him.

Smart move wanting a 1 fight deal and not having to get murdered.

How is that "firing shots"?

How is Coker's reply even any kind of a rebuttal? He's just backing up Askren's point..... Askren only needs a one fight deal to fight Rory. He does not need a three fight deal to fight Rory.
When their entire division's title eliminators revolve around a tournament he does. Rory committed to it. He just decided to fight Mousasi and get wrecked first.

Askren's still planning to wrestling in a national wrestling tournament in December instead of starting up his MMA training because thats how little risk Robbie will be for The Funk
no, just wants to get that ass. or to have another jiu jitsu guy fuck him .

Wouldn't make sense for Bellator to do either really.

Sign Rory to be your new top guy at 170. But he loses to former champ Askren who wants to leave immediately after said fight?

If he did compete in the GP, you risk him beating three stars and embarrassing your best in the division before walking, again.

No sane company jeopardizes their star just to give opportunity for tr challenger to walk away after a one fight deal.
I agree, but you also don't put him in a tournament against knowing he'll walk afterwards win or lose.

Askren has already won a bellator tournament to get a title.

Why do that again?

I thought with Bjorn out, there would be less tournaments. Heck, this current Walter weight tournament has had only one fight so far and it was back in September.

Why would a guy in his mid 30s agree to enter a tournamnet that could take 18 months to complete?

Back