Scott Coker firing shots at Ben Askren

i get it, but Askren didn't want to be in it is my point.

you either take what he's giving or you get nothing. beggars can't be choosers, and Askren had other things on his plate.

they made an offer and he refused. simple.

i don't know what else is there to read into it.

imagine if Askren accepted and won the WW THEN left? that would've put Bellator in a much more shittier position than they are now.
The issue is hypocrisy. Askren gets a pass by Fedor was criticized on these boards for not accepting a slave contract. And in Fedor's case it was black and white. Fedor was 100% right. The UFC was 100% wrong. Dana did to Fedor what he did to Askren.

Wow first time I see Coker with the need to clarify and put a fighter in his place. I like it.

I support Coker over Askren any day for being a decent human being

More respect yes...But more money?
Probably. Its a huge myth that Bellator pays better. They pay a select few more that they steal away, but for the most part Bellator pays pennies compared to the UFC. Especially if you think you can become champ and make a PPV cut

The lowest paid UFC fighter at UFC 229 made more then almost 20 fighters on Bellator 129. And its like 8 times more

I support Coker over Askren any day for being a decent human being

A decent human being doesn't pay fighters $1,200 a fight and make them sell their own tickets. Coker is no better then Dana, he just acts nicer

Fedor was 100% right. The UFC was 100% wrong. Dana did to Fedor what he did to Askren.

Eh.... you are really taking Fedor's side on the whole M1 co-promotion shit? Even some Fedor fans admit Fedor was being ridiculous asking for that

T
A decent human being doesn't pay fighters $1,200 a fight and make them sell their own tickets. Coker is no better then Dana, he just acts nicer

What is this nonsense?
Learn how to separate business from personality.

If Coker were the president of the UFC, the HW and LHW divisions would be in much better shape than they are now.
If Coker were the president of the UFC, he would have drove the UFC into the ground like he did with SF and is doing with Bellator (check the ratings)

Coker he has nothing to benefit from it. Askeren needs to be careful. Cus Lawler is no joke.
Askren's still planning to wrestling in a national wrestling tournament in December instead of starting up his MMA training because thats how little risk Robbie will be for The Funk

Can you show me a source that says Coker himself personally decides each single fighters purse?

Your business moves can make you a shitty person

Eh.... you are really taking Fedor's side on the whole M1 co-promotion shit? Even some Fedor fans admit Fedor was being ridiculous asking for that
Fedor didn't ask for co-promotion for a one-off fight. You are trying to tell me Fedor wouldn't have taken a fight for at, say, 250k//250k against any fighter put up by the UFC?

I get that you are a UFC shill. But siding with Askren here and the UFC in Fedor's case is as transparently hypocritical as you can get.

His smug face, plus his retarded looking hair, just make for a head that was meant to be punched repeatedly.

My God, I hope someone smashes him so bad he has to retire.

This is exactly why I hope he does great in the UFC and smothers everyone into bolivian.

He is amusing, and real, and there will be rapidly rising sodium levels if/when he starts beating the fan favourites.

you mean the guy who's 6-0 versus unknown competition? ok...

Ed Ruth is a 3-time NCAA DIV wrestling champion with decent MMA striking, compared to Askren who is a 2-time NCAA DIV wrestling champion who cannot strike.

and like i said, he's ducking everyone but Rory. because nobody else provides any kind of upside to beating them except Rory.

Most of the fighters in that tournament don't have high level wrestling like Ed Ruth, who also has decent striking and is in his prime at 28 years of age.

why doesn't Tyron Woodley call out Ed Ruth? why doesn't GSP call out Ed Ruth? that's right, because nobody gives a fuck about Ed Ruth.

Are you Askren's friend by any chance? Seems like you're offended. Any how, Woodley is a UFC champ. GSP is under contract with the UFC and is looking for a money fight. They're not in the same position as Askren who is not a UFC champ and was in talk with Bellator.

Your comparison of Askren to GSP / Woodley makes no sense at all.

Cormier and Rockhold... Coker has connections with AKA, he was Javier Mendez trainer back in the day.
You can bet when they have a good new fighter they ring his phone, to get into the UFC you need to be proven.

Rousey and Cyborg... the UFC had not women division at the time.

And Dana, as UFC president, doesn't have connections with other gyms?

Basically, Dana is not good when it comes to scouting out new talents, and when a true talent comes along, such as Mousasi, he let them go.

Gegard Mousasi, by the way, was also a talent that Coker recognized and added to their Strikeforce roster.

Answer all..Rory Included..it's okay he's going to get exposed by Lawler then will probably be back at Coker's door
Plus he already beat two of their best fighters. Having to face already beaten fighters is a lose lose.

Askren hasn't fought Ed Ruth, who is like Daniel Cormier of the Strikeforce tournament - top level wrestling background, decent striking, and not a lot of buzz around him prior to his winning the tournament. As pointed in one of the posts above, most people don't know who Ed Ruth is but Askren does, and it's a matchup that he doesn't seem to want to deal with.

Probably. Its a huge myth that Bellator pays better. They pay a select few more that they steal away, but for the most part Bellator pays pennies compared to the UFC. Especially if you think you can become champ and make a PPV cut

The lowest paid UFC fighter at UFC 229 made more then almost 20 fighters on Bellator 129. And its like 8 times more

Bellator fighters make more money from sponsors that they are allowed to have. This is the reason why Phil Davis, Ryan Bader, Rory MacDonald, Machida, Ben Henderson, Roy Nelson, Gegard Mousasi, Matt Mitrione, Quinton Jackson, Frank Mir, and many more have went to Bellator.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brianm...sult-of-the-bellator-defections/#40552bc46738

If Coker were the president of the UFC, he would have drove the UFC into the ground like he did with SF and is doing with Bellator (check the ratings)

Stop spreading lies, dude. Coker created the biggest HW tournament roster in modern MMA history when the UFC had Brock Lesnar fighting Shane Carwin for the championship.

Strikeforce became a serious threat at the time, so much so that the UFC decided to buy them out. Strikeforce investors sold their shares, and there wasn't much Coker can do about it.

Back