Scott Coker firing shots at Ben Askren

Would not be good for bellator for Ben to come in on a one fight deal, beat their champion and leave.

''You and I both know Rory vs me looks very similar to Rory vs Gerard.''

Askren is going to jab Rory's face off until he panic wrestles? <36>
Lawler is going to ruin this hubris-filled fool.

Last edited:
Can't wait for that curly headed douche to get his lesson.

It makes sense. But I don't see how it's a knock on Askren.
He know's Bellator isn't going to release a fighter like him to fight in the UFC and a single loss on his record to anyone other than Rory would severely dampen those prospects... plus $.

Coker didn't agree to give him Rory and he was trying to fight Rory. It is a true statement. Coker also made a true statement. They aren't mutually exclusive. This is why negotiations don't always result in a contract. Both sides don't always see eye to eye but that doesn't mean that one is wrong and the other is right.

I believe him.
That said, Coker's best attribute with pr , is being the anti Dana White. Start off twitter Scott!!

Hmm... I wonder why Askren only wanted 1 fight instead of fighting in the entire Bellator WW Grand Prix... Is there an opponent in that list who Askren doesn't want to fight against?

image003.png

Ed Ruth.

Askren wipes the canvas with everyone except Ed.

yes, all of them besides Rory.

why would he risk losing to guys he already beat or guys nobody even knows?

he's trying to capitalize quickly on all the chaos that's happening in the UFC.

smash Rory = super hype.

they wanted him to fight more, but for what?

he's looking for money fights and Rory is the only scalp worth taking in Bellator.

It's not that Bellator wanted Askren to fight more. They have a WW tournament, so they can't have a fighter just come in for a 1-fight deal, potentially win and bail.

Askren's 3 best wins

1. Douglas Lima (Former Bellator WW champion)
2. Andrey Koreshkov (Former Bellator WW champion)
3. debatable between Hieron, Good, and Aoki (All former champs in DREAM, IFL, and Bellator)

MVP's 3 best wins
1. Cyborg Santos (Was washed up by 2016, known for getting subbed by Nick Diaz beforehand)
2. Dave Rickels (decent fighter, but mostly known for getting KTFO'd by Chandler 2x and Patricky)
3. Fernando Gonzalez (Actually did okay in Bellator until he became known for missing weight)

And Askren is about to fight former UFC champion Robbie fucking Lawler. Yeah something tells me Ben Askren wouldn't ever be afraid of MVP.

He's not really firing shots, but he might be implying that Askren is cherry picking one fight out of the Bellator WW Grand Prix.

Sounds to me like Askren isn't confident in his winning the entire tournament.
Or maybe he just wanted to fight one guy instead of fighting in a tournament...

Ben is being a cock. For years nobody wanted but Bellator kept him.

"Rory vs me looks very similar to Rory vs Gerard"

LMFAO. Is he serious?

Rory is no no wiki-less warm body from Russia and Askren is definitely no "Gerard".

He is so flustered about this he can't even spell Moose's name properly.

Ben Askren ducked Rory.
W6gPYXX.png

Ed Ruth.

Askren wipes the canvas with everyone except Ed.

Bingo!

Didn't realize this until now:

Ed Ruth:

3 times NCAA D1 Wrestling Champion (2012, 2013, 2014), 2014 World Team Member, 4x All-American, 4x Big Ten Champion

MMA record: 6-0 (5 (T)KOs, 1 decision)

Ed Ruth is the last guy in the world Askren would want to fight.

Like zero hype/name recognition other than with the hardcore of HARDCORE fans, and the worst stylistic matchup for Askren possible.

Back