Scientist calls for permanent monitoring of star, signal discovered by Russian sattelite 1year ago

it makes

you could say the same about all life. the whole humanity is a virus/cancer stuff is for depressed emo teens.
tumblr_mk6ipxdvX21rb0fqao1_500.gif

Can't wait to get one pregnant

b3cd20c5b129d3dd680e8d26fdae4623.jpg

b5a6ed11492bd070e88a7e093a7ce202.jpg

more_random_alien_girls_by_kazuv.jpg

you could say the same about all life. the whole humanity is a virus/cancer stuff is for depressed emo teens.

If you do not see the "cancer-like" qualities in current human civilization, then you're not paying much attention.

You might find out that the progression of our societies is largely based on somebody smarter than us coming up with something to allow our consumption to continue endlessly. What if, somebody eventually doesn't come up with something? What then?

If you do not see the "cancer-like" qualities in current human civilization, then you're not paying much attention.

You might find out that the progression of our societies is largely based on somebody smarter than us coming up with something to allow our consumption to continue endlessly. What if, somebody eventually doesn't come up with something? What then?

humans have some of the same qualities with virus and cancer. so what? if you think intelligent aliens dont have a bunch of skeletons in their closet, its pretty crazy.

the universe has endless amounts of resources. our planet might not and thats why its imperative we get our asses into space. if aliens have transitioned into a post scarcity civilization, they wouldnt look down on us for still being there.

the only way i could see them regarding us as a virus or cancer is if they are malevolent themselves. even if we encountered a planet where the aliens had destroyed their own civilization via nuclear war, we'd still be fascinated by them and would want to learn about their culture, history, psychology etc. i dont see us regarding them as a cancer or virus.

humans have some of the same qualities with virus and cancer. so what? if you think intelligent aliens dont have a bunch of skeletons in their closet, its pretty crazy.

the universe has endless amounts of resources. our planet might not and thats why its imperative we get our asses into space. if aliens have transitioned into a post scarcity civilization, they wouldnt look down on us for still being there.

the only way i could see them regarding us as a virus or cancer is if they are malevolent themselves. even if we encountered a planet where the aliens had destroyed their own civilization via nuclear war, we'd still be fascinated by them and would want to learn about their culture, history, psychology etc.

I merely said that an alien civilization might see humans as a form of planetary cancer. The idea that we should spread out to other planets, to consume their resources, would support this view. Rogue cells cannot understand that the way that they operate will eventually kill the host, as it is in their nature to expand incessantly, instead of conserving the space and resources like normal, healthy cells do.

If that is the case, then the most objective way to deal with such "rogue cells" is by terminating them, from an outsider perspective, in the same manner as we terminate pests, viruses and bacteria. Another potential solution, is that the aliens would move to change human nature, through genetic engineering, if they see any potential value in the continued existence of humans, in the same manner as we domesticate wild animals for our own purposes, through centuries of selective breeding and behaviorist conditioning.

Last edited:
I merely said that an alien civilization might see humans as a form of planetary cancer. The idea that we should spread out to other planets, to consume their resources, would support this view. Rogue cells cannot understand that the way that they operate will eventually kill the host, as it is in their nature to expand incessantly, instead of conserving the space and resources like normal, healthy cells do.

If that is the case, then the most objective way to deal with such "rogue cells" is by terminating them, from an outsider perspective. Another potential solution, is that the aliens would move to change human nature, through genetic engineering, if they see any potential value in the continued existence of humans.

i dont see it. whats wrong with wanting to spread? the very purpose of life is to procreate and spread. if we spread out into space and move onto renewable sources of energy, the consumption problem is essentially fixed. we can take pressure off the earth if we become multiplanet space faring civilization. we can spread life to dead worlds.

aliens might see us the way you describe but it would be against the notion of intelligence if they did.

i dont see it. whats wrong with wanting to spread? the very purpose of life is to procreate and spread. if we spread out into space and move onto renewable sources of energy, the consumption problem is essentially fixed. we can take pressure off the earth if we become multiplanet space faring civilization. we can spread life to dead worlds.

What's wrong with spreading? Well, perhaps this:

http://dieoff.org/page80.htm

It is in the nature of animals to spread, until there nowhere left to spread to. It is in the nature of animals to consume, until there is nothing left to be consumed.

I would prefer that we, as humans, would eventually develop to something more than mere animals, who are completely under control of their natural impulses. You're essentially relying on big-brained men somewhere, working diligently and desperately to essentially save our sorry asses from our animal nature. Don't you think that there's a chance of potential failure there, maybe?

Well, let's hope that we give them a hundred years atleast, before fucking it all up:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...100-years-may-be-humanitys-toughest-test-yet/

I don't see anything wrong with controlled spreading or controlled pro-creation or controlled consumption, but I think we can all agree that "controlled" is not the word to use, to describe the current state of matters. We need to step it up, in that regard.

aliens might see us the way you describe but it would be against the notion of intelligence if they did.

Are you saying humans are unintelligent? Why wouldn't an alien race treat us in the same manner as we treat pigs or cows? They would be another species, unlikely to find anything in common with ourselves. We may only be seen as food, or slave labourers fit to serve a higher purpose.

I'm not saying that this would necessarily be the case, but to discount the possibility, would be rather foolish.

We're likely billions of years behind, which means there would already be a galactic hierarchy / pecking order of things.

It would also mean we're completely not a threat to it though, so we'd probably be safe in that regard. No point in wiping us out other than for amusement.
All evidence regarding the existence or lack there of of intelligence elsewhere, when considering hypothesis' from respected sources, is basically equally likely. It's all complete speculation based on circumstantial evidence.

The exact truth of the matter, considering the extent of possible scenarios, is probably unlike anything anyone has hypothesized.

Once a species has the proper calculating horsepower (brain capability), civilization can go from 0 to 100 mph in extremely short cosmic periods of time.

I'd say it's most likely, however broadly unlikely, that the first aliens we make contact with will be some form of hominid who achieved something grand in the past on this planet or another in the solar system...there is reasonable yet very speculative evidence Mars environment was not a wasteland much more reasonably than accepted) and managed to leave. This sounds silly at first, but when you consider we know basically nothing about what humans pre-13k years ago (13k years for perspective encompasses 5% of modern human existence, possibly much less) were doing outside of eating and breeding, you can start to get a feel for what might have been possible.

It's one of the dumbest thoughts a human can conjure actually. It's totally short-sighted and places too high an emphasis on our ability to "ruin" things. The worst we can do to the planet pales in comparison to natural events that have occurred dozens of times in the past.

It's also worth noting that if you consider life in general as a base conduit for consciousness and if you consider that life's ultimate goal is survival (extinction avoidance), it becomes obvious that we may in fact be nature's answer to extinction as we are the only species with the capability to leave this place and colonize places other than earth.

It is inevitable, as proven by history 100%, that if you stay here, you will go extinct as a species. We are not special in that sense

Hmmn Aliens Making Noise they better shut up before I ask them some handouts for free fried rice!!!!

If I am the one to contact them I will them..

I am Filipino and I demand you give me the Millenium Falcon or I will say fuck you to Emperor to Palpatine at galactic Senate and I will talk to Java the Hut and have a treaty with him so with will be the Philippines and Tatooine againts the rest of the Galaxy!!

Left wing Aliens will be making Netflix videos of how human cattle are being mistreated.

Back