Schuab Being Schuab: “I PROMISE you DC’s cardio is better than Stipe’s!”

I'm not necessarily saying DC will win. I'd probably favor Stipe in that fight. But in terms of stamina, I think DC has a clear advantage. That doesn't mean that Stipe has horrible stamina, especially for a heavyweight. But DC fights in a division where more stamina is necessary and he definitely has it.

I agree 100%

Look at Stipe's record. He has never really fought a wrestler and DC is a level higher than him in wrestling. DC is taking this. He has experience at HW also.

Stipe is lucky to not have been matched previously against Cain. He's gonna be exposed by DC.

Lol! Looks like Schaub’s losing streak of betting against Stipe will continue. The guy seems to really like selling Stipe short for some reason. Mitrione was on point though. Have a listen...

brendan-schaub-net-worth-350-350.gif

I hate everything he says

Schaub really is not te smartest tool in the box, but he has a point here really. Just compare cormiers 5 rounders vs Jones or Gus how he paced and Stipe against Ngannou

I hear ya but how much did Ngannou weigh?? And how much did Gus and Jones weigh on fight night?

Throwing around a 275lb dude who’s pretty physically strong would take its toll more so than Light Heavies I’d say. And how many strikes did Stipe throw in the first JDS five rounder??

Stipe’s cardio is NOT that far behind Cormier’s like Schuab is insinuating.

Dc cardio and volume output are phenomenonal for his size and will only be exacerbated by less of a weight cut

Didn't Schaub train with Stipe for a short while? My conspiracy theory is that since Schaub was personally training g with himcompetitive with him, since Stipe was also younger in the game then, Schaub would downplay his abilities to make himself feel better, and tell himself that he is much better than Stipe. With DC, I don't think there was ever any real competition between them, as they trained at different camps. When Rogan publicly mentally raped Schaub after the Brown fight, he exposed how delusional Schaub truly was, e.g. "You'd be surprised". Schaub is the type of guy that needs to constantly prop himself up, lie to himself and think he is better than he truly is to keep on going, getting by and succeeding.

One thing is for sure, it baffles the mind how a pro fighter like Schaub knows less about fighting than 95% of this board.

Brendan's right , Stipe does tend to gas more , but that only makes sense since Stipe is the bigger man with a larger frame , it would only make sense that Cormier has the superior cardio , not to mention sparring with someone like Velasquez helps to improve it ( even though i believe cardio / stamina is genetic to an extent ).
To me, DC has gassed in some recent fights: 2x vs Jones, a few rounds vs Gus, and he also looked like bird turd vs Andy. The thing is, DC has always been a super solid competitor, while Stipe has made giant leaps in progress and does not even resemble the fighter he was in his debut, so our perspective is all skewed as to how good Stipe really is.

To me, DC has gassed in some recent fights: 2x vs Jones, a few rounds vs Gus, and he also looked like bird turd vs Andy. The thing is, DC has always been a super solid competitor, while Stipe has made giant leaps in progress and does not even resemble the fighter he was in his debut, so our perspective is all skewed as to how good Stipe really is.

Oh no , i have absolutely no doubt as to how special Stipe is , the man is one of the GOAT heavyweights in MMA history , he has improved tremendously , and you're right DC's cardio does tend to wined down , i think DC gassed especially against Silva and Jones due to them attacking DC's body , which gasses the shit out of you in a fight , Velasquez did the same thing to JDS against the cage with body punches.

But DC's sheer grit and determination makes him push forward , the mans fighting spirit is akin to the Japanese Bushido code , the dude has almost always has the physical disadvantage in a fight , but the man almost always shows his class as a fighter , however do i believe he'll break Stipe ? .... no way , as i have alluded to in previous post .... this will be the greatest challenge in DC's career as a fighter and it'll take all that he has to beat Stipe ..... all in all ... this is going to be a fight that the Just Bleed Allah will be smiling for

<{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}>

giphy.gif

Dc has fantastic cardio, nothing wrong with stipes tho. Did ok in jds 5 rounder
Mark Hunt too. Didn't he have some kind of punch out put record in that fight.

DC isn't going to blow Stipe away with his cardio. Gus didn't get smoked by DC, I don't see Stipe getting shut out either.

Of all the stupid shit Schaub says...you pick this to make a thread?

<{katwhu}>

I hate everything he says

I put on Fighter and the Kid podcast onetime on a road trip with the wife, and she just couldn’t stand the sound Brendan Schuabs voice, so we turned it off lol.

It is. We've seen Stipe in 2 fights that went 5 rounds and he gassed both times.

Back