Schuab Being Schuab: “I PROMISE you DC’s cardio is better than Stipe’s!”

Todd498

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Lol! Looks like Schaub’s losing streak of betting against Stipe will continue. The guy seems to really like selling Stipe short for some reason. Mitrione was on point though. Have a listen...

brendan-schaub-net-worth-350-350.gif

Last edited:
I kind of agree, Stipe looked like shit cardio-wise against Ngannou. Guy was gassed come round 2. DC gasses in the championship rounds only, and throws more volume in general.

But it actually is better. Stipe's cardio is nothing special.

Dc has fantastic cardio, nothing wrong with stipes tho. Did ok in jds 5 rounder

I can't disagree with schaub at all. Sure DC gets tired in the championship rounds but he pushes a hard pace with his walk you down style.

I'm not necessarily saying DC will win. I'd probably favor Stipe in that fight. But in terms of stamina, I think DC has a clear advantage. That doesn't mean that Stipe has horrible stamina, especially for a heavyweight. But DC fights in a division where more stamina is necessary and he definitely has it.

I mean he's right. Stipe's cardio is an area of relative weakness.

When did Stipe turn into some cardio machine? It's above average for HW but Prime Cain is the only one I think would be comparable to DC conditioning wise.

If Stipe had elite cardio he would have finished Francis who was almost comatose after the first round.

This is actually a rare time Schaub is on point. DC has the cardio advantage here.

The only time he's noticeably slowed down in 5 rounders was his very first against Barnett in round 5 and the Jones fight. One you can chalk up to lack of experience and ragdolling a giant for the 4 rounds prior. The 2nd is a fight where his body was absolutely abused for the first 3 rounds though those that are in love with head hunting missed that.

I would not favor Stipe past round 2.

Lol! Looks like Schaub’s losing streak of betting against Stipe will continue. The guy seems to really like selling Stipe short for some reason. Mitrione was on point though. Have a listen...

I agree

Schaub really is not te smartest tool in the box, but he has a point here really. Just compare cormiers 5 rounders vs Jones or Gus how he paced and Stipe against Ngannou

Speaking of stamina, how bout Mitrione's right arm.

Brendan's right , Stipe does tend to gas more , but that only makes sense since Stipe is the bigger man with a larger frame , it would only make sense that Cormier has the superior cardio , not to mention sparring with someone like Velasquez helps to improve it ( even though i believe cardio / stamina is genetic to an extent ).

Back