Schaub- Holly Holm "One of the greatest if not the greatest female fighter of all time"

So? She beat Holm. Despite giving away at least 20 lbs. This is not about who has a damn UFC belt, but who is the better fighter. Given that the one who is not lost to the one who is, that is pretty much all that matters.

Don't be crazy dude. Belts do matter. That's why Val wants one so bad. I'm not necessarily disagreeing with anything you just said though.

Don't be crazy dude. Belts do matter. That's why Val wants one so bad. I'm not necessarily disagreeing with anything you just said though.

I did not say they do not matter. Kindly learn context. The better fighter is the better fighter, regardless of who is wearing a belt. A belt is a symbol that comes with a great deal of perks, but at the end of the day it remains all about ability.

When has cyborg or jj won boxing championships? Holly was 3 different weight class boxing champ, 16 defense. Ufc champ and kickboxing champ. Hint hint he said fighter not mma fighter.
JJ defended her title 5 times, she's 27-3 in Kickboxing, and 37-3 in Muah Thai.

Next week Schaub will think something different and the week after that something different again.

It was a desperation move against Cyborg, which led to nowhere, and a good defensive move against Megan, who did well on the feet.

She's not like Randy, who's goal often was to pin you against the cage and wear you out with dirty boxing, which led to a TKO against the cage or an easier TD. Or like Ronda who tossed most she fought from there. She just holds or defends. Megan's TDD wasn't good enough to stop decent takedowns.

As for her standing: boxing, kickboxing and MMA combined she's much like Overeem, a combat sports legend, one of the best if you count all their accomplishments. But in MMA she's not up there. Mixed results.

If she's the greatest then WMMA is a joke

She had my appreciation forever for koing Rhonda will never forget.

Luciana Rijker is the top female fighter ever. Boxing and kickboxing GOAT.

Megumi Fujii likely remains the top female MMA fighter ever.

Brendan Schaub yesterday on "Below the Belt"

Claims Holly Holm has a top 3 game against the cage male or female and is "One of the Greatest if not the greatest female fighter of all time."

Timestamped 43:50

Both Brazilian "Girls" got Holy for breakfast and its not even close. Holy is fine and all, but shut your mouth Schaub, learn2 fight cause you cant comment

It was a desperation move against Cyborg, which led to nowhere, and a good defensive move against Megan, who did well on the feet.

She's not like Randy, who's goal often was to pin you against the cage and wear you out with dirty boxing, which led to a TKO against the cage or an easier TD. Or like Ronda who tossed most she fought from there. She just holds or defends. Megan's TDD wasn't good enough to stop decent takedowns.

As for her standing: boxing, kickboxing and MMA combined she's much like Overeem, a combat sports legend, one of the best if you count all their accomplishments. But in MMA she's not up there. Mixed results.

Quality post. The Overeem analogy is spot on.

She's won 2 of her last 6 fights. One against a woman making her UFC debut and the other a Bantamweight journeyman (Journeywoman)

View attachment 392901

Twice as many losses as Ronda Rousey without the 6 title defenses and spectacular sub-minute win streak. Yet she's supposed to be WAY better than Rousey.

Brendan Schaub yesterday on "Below the Belt"

Claims Holly Holm has a top 3 game against the cage male or female and is "One of the Greatest if not the greatest female fighter of all time."

Timestamped 43:50

He tryina get some of dat fine Holly bootay, Brendan you rascall, you

Twice as many losses as Ronda Rousey without the 6 title defenses and spectacular sub-minute win streak. Yet she's supposed to be WAY better than Rousey.

Well, not that I feel Holly is top three, but Ronda dominated in a division where everyone was a grappler with no striking. She is clueless when facing someone who can actually throw. Too bad, actually, as she was/is a good enough athlete that - in the hands of a coach who did not suck an entire roomful of dick - she could have had at least passable striking. I would venture to say that Holly's grappling is better than Ronda's striking, but the division itself has come a long way since the UFC implemented it.

c781b103de6673a0a52375043bbd8be6.gif

Back