Schaub- Holly Holm "One of the greatest if not the greatest female fighter of all time"

Schaub has lost so much credibilty , stopped listening to him about stuff like that .

Are accomplishments in female boxing more valuable than ones in female muay thai (eg. JJ and Valentina's)? Not actually sure here just asking. Also I thought most of Holm's kickboxing experience was at ammy level and she never competed at the top level in that sport, kind of like Crocop having 50 ammy boxing fights or something.
Fully around it does to me. Think jj is right behind holly. Jj could ask Dana for boxing match since ufc getting into boxing. That could be her ticket to surpass holly achievements.

Is the question "combat sports" or "MMA?" Typically when discussing the best MMA fighters of all time we don't include combat sambo, BJJ, muay thai.

"Greatest Female Fighter of All Time"

Is this really a hard concept??

Cool story. Doesn't change the fact she is more accomplished than 99.9% of female fighters. Feel free to name someone who has done more than Holm if its so easy.

Schaub is an idiot but he isn't wrong here.

Shevchenko.

i agree. she even fought thats trans dude who they pretend is fem and went to decision.

Debatable but ok just for fun I will even give you that.

so ONE woman is on the same level as Holm. How is Schaub wrong by saying Holm is one of the best female fighters????

Well, not really debatable, as she has just as many titles, wins against superior competition. She is also a master of sport in Judo, and, of course, beat Holm who is substantially larger than Val, who walks around at the same weight some WSW do.

Doing well at women's boxing against nobody's does not make you a great fighter. If she was, she would not have shit footwork, too much weight on her forward leg, piss-poor ability to control distance and not start punching from so far outside her jab is essentially a throw-away punch.

I named others elsewhere in this thread, btw. So have other people. Plenty of female MT fighters have exceptional records and solid technique. Holm has mediocre technique and makes up for it with good athleticism and phenomenal endurance. Her actual poor technical ability has been discussed at length. She also suffers for her lack of a well-rounded striking arsenal. Which is too bad, as she seems like a genuinely decent human being and a good ambassador for the sport.

She needs to get a belt first. That's one thing Holly has done that Valentina has not.

So? She beat Holm. Despite giving away at least 20 lbs. This is not about who has a damn UFC belt, but who is the better fighter. Given that the one who is not lost to the one who is, that is pretty much all that matters.

If we're talking about combat sports overall, she definitley is...

She is the first ever person in history to win major World Titles in boxing and in MMA...not just woman, but person period. She was Ring Magazine Fighter of the Year twice and she is undoubtley one of the greatest female welterweights of all time in boxing.

She knocked out the first ever women's champion in UFC history....She almost became the first two division UFC champion in Women's MMA history.

Lucia Rijker is definitley up there, but being a World Champion in boxing/kickboxing is nowhere near as impressive as being World Champion in a striking sport as well as a sport that involves grappling like MMA.

Holly is easily one of the greatest female fighters of all time, no question.

Schaub doesn't know who Cyborg is or...?

She's one of the best for sure, her boxing credentials help. I think people hold losses to mma fighters too harshly.

Fighters don't get the luxury of losses like team sports. When I look at Holly's skillset compared to other wmma fighters and her wins, I hold her pretty high. Not the best ever necessarily though.

Still more accurate than anything Rogan and Grozny Cab Fights 2.0 fanboys say.

Back