Schaub- Holly Holm "One of the greatest if not the greatest female fighter of all time"

As valid as Tate fanboy claiming Tate would beat Holm 9/10 times...

True...but I stand to my point based on how the fight actually went (prob my favorite WMMA fight of all time btw). Miesha was being dominated in that fight before making that amazing comeback. Also, Tate lost to Pennington and Ronda (x2) who Holly defeated.

Maybe Fujii? A woman who today would have fought at 105 beating women as heavy as 145 and taking on all comers? Good on the feet and phenomenal on the ground. Her "loss" to JAG was total horse shit. Fight should have been stopped, but Fujii fought on despite repeated eye pokes and being unable to see out of one eye.
I only say maybe cause of the era thing with modern fans disregarding Miguel Torres for example.

True...but I stand to my point based on how the fight actually went (prob my favorite WMMA fight of all time btw). Miesha was being dominated in that fight before making that amazing comeback.
She was down by 1 point and would have gotten a draw if she got the takedown but not the sub in the 5th, she also dominated Holm a lot worse in the 2nd round than Holm did with pitter patter on the feet.

Alot of you dont seem to understand that even if you totally ignore her entire MMA career she is still one of the 2 or 3 best female boxers ever. That alone makes Schaubs claim pretty accurate.

The MMA stuff was just icing on the cake.

sorry but the same could be said about Valentina and JJ.

Holly is one of the best for sure but the "best" are more than just her and Cyborg.
And that said Shaub exaggerates like always, even if he's saying that the earth is a sphere at some point he'd say some stupid shit that makes you doubt even the right part.
Shaub = too much talk for very little to say

she usually loses and if she wins its a decision

obvious GOAT

Alot of you dont seem to understand that even if you totally ignore her entire MMA career she is still one of the 2 or 3 best female boxers ever. That alone makes Schaubs claim pretty accurate.

The MMA stuff was just icing on the cake.

Women's boxing is shit. She won one of her "titles" by beating someone with a 1-2 record.

she usually loses and if she wins its a decision

obvious GOAT
She looked good in 3 of her 4 losses (Tate, GDR and Cyborg)!

So she's the GOAT like Gus is GOAT. :D

She has more top wins than Holm and also beat Holm head to head and is a 2-time champion (in the orgs that were the top for WMMA at the time).

Also the question was who is above Holm in the GOAT ranking not who is a GOAT candidate, Holm could be top 10 GOAT.

But again it's subjective. Holly has faced way better competition than Miesha overall. The fact that Miesha beat Holm isn't enough in my view because as you eloquently put Weidman isn't better than Anderson just because he beat him.

One of the greatest female fighters? How many are above her? Cyborg, maybe JJ?
When has cyborg or jj won boxing championships? Holly was 3 different weight class boxing champ, 16 defense. Ufc champ and kickboxing champ. Hint hint he said fighter not mma fighter.

But again it's subjective. Holly has faced way better competition than Miesha overall. The fact that Miesha beat Holm isn't enough in my view because as you eloquently put Weidman isn't better than Anderson just because he beat him.
If you're counting the ones they lost to, how has Holly faced WAY better competition than Miesha?

Both fought Ronda and Pennington
Miesha fought and lost to Cat, Holly fought and lost to GDR (who is worse than Cat MMA resume wise)
Miesha fought and lost to Nunes, Holly fought and lost to Shevchenko (Nunes has a better resume than Shev and beat Shev twice)

The only better competition Holly fought is arguably Cyborg, but Cyborg has a worse resume than Nunes and Ronda. Miesha has also faced other "good" fighters like Coenen, Kaufman, McMann and Carmouche. WTF? Massive Holm fanboy for sure.

Last edited:
he is clearly reaching lol even tho she was a great boxer. Her loss to Tate & GDR were epic. She could be so much more dominant if she just let loose in fights, it irritates me to watch. She really only throws when being confronted, a pure counter striker. No respect for Cyborg I guess who slapped Holly around for 5 rounds at her own game (striking). Amanda would easily win as well just based on her aggression alone. No doubt she will retire top 5 all time tho.

Brendan Schaub yesterday on "Below the Belt"

Claims Holly Holm has a top 3 game against the cage male or female and is "One of the Greatest if not the greatest female fighter of all time."

Timestamped 43:50

she's easily the most accomplished female fighter in combat sports history..... Brendan has a point

Holm only has a positive record in UFC because of a split over Amanda's punching bag.
What about her 16 time boxing title defense in 3 different classes and kickboxing champ. Let me know when jj, cyborg, Amanda achive this. She is the best female fighter of all times right now. She not the best female mma fighter.

If you count the ones she lost to, how has Holly faced WAY better competition than Miesha?

Both fought Ronda
Miesha fought and lost to Cat, Holly fought and lost to GDR (who is worse than Cat MMA resume wise)
Miesha fought and lost to Nunes, Holly fought and lost to Shevchenko (Nunes has a better resume than Shev and beat Shev twice)

The only better competition Holly fought is arguably Cyborg, but Cyborg has a worse resume than Nunes and Ronda. Miesha has also faced other "good" fighters like Coenen and Carmouche. WTF?

Ok man I don't need to convince you really. Just curious, how well do you think Miesha would do against Cyborg?

Back