Schaub- Holly Holm "One of the greatest if not the greatest female fighter of all time"

Ronda looked far short of prime in her fight with Holly. She was deluded in thinking that her striking skills were superior to Hollys's and appeared ill-prepared and in poor condition.

Many felt that the fight with Tate was even going into the 5th round. Granted loss to GDR was close, even controversial, but GDR was barely in the top 10 at BW when they fought. While her loss to Shevchenko wasn't a blow out, it was pretty decisive. All 3 judges scored all 3 rounds for Shevchenko. Val connected with more than 50% ore significant strikes and had 3 takedowns to 0.

It was a five round fight.

You may have addressed it already and I overlooked it, but if you rank Schevchenko, who skillwise you would rank above anybody Miesha has ever faced, it would appear that you rank Shevchenko above both Tate and Holm, correct?

Well I am not sure it follows necessarily from what I wrote but actually yes, skillwise I do rank Schevchenko above them. I think Schevchenko is the p4p best in Wmma and that she will have a career trajectory similar to MM who went on a tear once fighting at their natural weight class. Career-wise I wouldn't rank her higher than Miesha and Holm just yet but I think that gap is gonna close very soon.

One of the greatest asses in WMMA
holly+holm2.jpg

SvkaxlI.jpg

02c74066be8cee6d278ed002dfed562c.gif

ImAoVPj.gif

not in boxing
not in MMA
but if you combine the two? yeah, she probably is.

She's a huge disappointment I.M.O. Looks good against cans I guess.

Holly Holm started the fight well and even got a knockdown if I'm remembering correctly, then Shevchenko got into her groove.

You're not wrong but it was a CLEAR 4-1 and the last four showed who was better ( I like holm too)

You're not wrong but it was a CLEAR 4-1 and the last four showed who was better ( I like holm too)

That fight was a master-class on timing and distance control through solid fundamentals. It was nice to see Val open up with more of her aresenal towards the end of the fight. And you get some idea of how good Shevchenko's clinch game is as she controlled Holly with it through many of the grappling exchanges. Even more impressive considering the size and strength difference.

In all fairness, even though Schaub and Rogan like to call everyone and their mom "one of the greatest of all time", she's definitely in that conversation. I mean people lose their minds about how "amazing" and "dominant" Ronda was and look at what Holly did to her. Looked like easy work for Holly, so this isnt an unreasonable claim.

and Miesha Tate tapped Holly, the same chick who got tapped by Ronda twice.

Holly has never been dominant in her MMA career and has looked pretty bad in all of her recent fights minus Bethe and Megan.

Agree. Shes also smashing it on WWE right now, making the rest of the girls look like amateurs. Is there anything my Ronda cant do? What a bae.

Well she’s probably top 5 and that’s good enough. Who’s better? Valentina, Amanda, Rose? Maybe Joanna? Cyborg is a juiced up freak and you can’t really count her. I know she lost to Meisha but meh I think if they fought 10 times Holly wins 9.

That fight was a master-class on timing and distance control through solid fundamentals. It was nice to see Val open up with more of her aresenal towards the end of the fight. And you get some idea of how good Shevchenko's clinch game is as she controlled Holly with it through many of the grappling exchanges. Even more impressive considering the size and strength difference.

Exactly!!! I think Valentina rules 125...

Exactly!!! I think Valentina rules 125...

There are good fights for her at 125, though. I disagree with people who dismiss Nicco out of hand. She beat two former Invicta champs, which says quite a bit. She is strong and tough, with good focus and discipline, all stellar qualities in a fighter. Nicco also has five amateur fights, all wins by stoppage, and three "exhibition bouts" during TUF that do not appear on her record. Obviously I give the edge in skill to Val, and experience, and I would say Val is faster, but she sure as hell is not going to sleep walk her way to victory. Jennifer Maia is very talented, and far more than just a good grappler.

I would also like to see Val rematch Liz C. If Eubanks can keep her weight under control, she is skilled, large and strong enough to be a threat to anyone even with her limited experience in MMA. Davis is no slouch and there are quite a few fighters still on the way up with promising futures.

Last edited:
Back