Scarlett Johansson quits transgender role after LGBT backlash

True she is a cyborg but she is also a Japanese and her cyborg body has Japanese features as I explained above so its safe to assume she would nonetheless look like a Japanese woman.

IMO its not really what killed the movie, the movie apparently was shit otherwise anyway so a casting change likely would not have helped. But its ridiculous to say that the Major looks Western when she has typical features of a Japanese woman and a Japanese name.

When asked about the casting of ScarJo he said he didn't care because its common for Hollywood to cast whites in Asian roles, not the the Major's cyborg body was actually white. She's probably Japanese since she resembles the other Japanese characters more than the Western ones.
scarlet in that bodysuit sold as many tickets as her not being japanese cost it. anime nerds just dont realize that not everybody knows about their stupid stories. i had no idea what it was and had not heard of it. if the movie didnt suck, it would have done better

scarlet in that bodysuit sold as many tickets as her not being japanese cost it. anime nerds just dont realize that not everybody knows about their stupid stories. i had no idea what it was and had not heard of it. if the movie didnt suck, it would have done better
If nobody cares then why even remake the movie in the first place? That was their mistake, they overestimated the appeal of s GitS remake. The original fans don't want it because its just a cheap cash grab off of the name of the original and the casual movie fan has probably never heard of GitS. So who was this movie even made for?

Last edited:
Meh, she's a solid 7.5, maybe an 8. She always looked a little wonky to me. Not a skag by any means, don't get me wrong, but overrated.
Give me prime Ann Margret or Lynda Carter any day.
This guy knows what's what
tumblr_ojvvbxRd131sfp6m8o3_400.gif

26aec16a424a63f8137d017466f0810e.gif

Last edited:
If nobody cares then why even remake the movie in the first place? That was their mistake, they overestimated the appeal of s GitS remake. The original fans don't want it because its just a cheap cash grab off of the name of the original and the casual movie fan doesn't has probably never heard of GitS. So who was this movie even made for?

wut? Those are the movies that make the best remakes.

wut? Those are the movies that make the best remakes.
How so?

In any case I think it was a mistake here. The original was already a classic and it was a good fit with animation. Making a live action remake for a completely different audience that has little to no connection with the source material is a gamble and in that case the film has to be good on its own which in this case it didn't seem to be.

You want your propaganda film to star some trans nobody or a Hollywood megastar? These morans are committed to making the wrong decisions at every turn, they're the IRL George Costanza.

Complete morans.

The only thing worse than twitter is the media and people who give it attention. That entire medium is built on trying to be as polarizing and controversial as possible while not having to fully explain a viewpoint. It's shouldn't be used for anything serious or political.

All actors in the history of film and theatre have only ever played themselves!
Of course.

Back