Scap Press for Warm Up & Shoulder Mobility.

AcumenAthletics

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Don't mind the suana suit, I was cutting weight that week. Any how, here's a short clip from my warm up where I use scap-press to get my shoulders activated. Although this exercise uses a small range of motion, it's big on the benefits. Improve your posture by strengthening the muscles that pull your shoulders back and increase your shoulders mobility...READ MORE

Include these two Scapular Push Ups into your warm up/mobility routine and leave me a comment or message with your experience.

Best to your training,

Danny Millet

Black burns are another great static stabilizing scap series.

Do them with a 2.5-5lb plate and hold each location for 5s. Once you get through one round, thats one rep. Take a brief 30s break, do 5-8 times.

Really focus on using the lower trapezius otherwise the upper traps and delts take over too much.

This is good stuff. I have started a wake-up routine that focuses on joint movement; I use it to explore, so that I can recognize any loss of ROM.

On the first plank variation, in the beginning of the video, see how much scapular movement you can get without bending at the elbow. I find that it is a very difficult isolation, but IMO, being able to have that strength and control as an athlete is vital.

Also, you mentioned that you were cutting weight that week. You don't start water cutting too far out, do you?

Keep the videos coming. Thanks.

these are very underrated excersizes and they are especially good for getting rid of stress in the neck and shoulders as well as soothing and healing a pinched nerve
<cheer>
:rolleyes: do you got anything for any kind of isometric-thingy for the side abs ? i feel like a sharp knife is in the side of my gut
if you do can you post it or message me ,thanks

Looks intense, will definitely add them to my warm up.

Those are good movements but would be better for the general population if it were done laying on a bench or table with the upper back and neck suspended in the air. If you did it in this manner, you'd be able to help correct head forward posture and kyphosis.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like these exercises. I'll probably play with these come training season this winter.

This is good stuff. I have started a wake-up routine that focuses on joint movement; I use it to explore, so that I can recognize any loss of ROM.

On the first plank variation, in the beginning of the video, see how much scapular movement you can get without bending at the elbow. I find that it is a very difficult isolation, but IMO, being able to have that strength and control as an athlete is vital.

Also, you mentioned that you were cutting weight that week. You don't start water cutting too far out, do you?

Keep the videos coming. Thanks.

I just recently added shoulder mobility/movement prep to my warm ups because my shoulder mobility SUCK!
Specifically my left arm's over head and my right arm's internal rotation.

In that video I was 3 day's out from weigh ins. I water load the week of weigh ins and only cut water out the day of weigh ins.

these are very underrated excersizes and they are especially good for getting rid of stress in the neck and shoulders as well as soothing and healing a pinched nerve
<cheer>
:rolleyes: do you got anything for any kind of isometric-thingy for the side abs ? i feel like a sharp knife is in the side of my gut
if you do can you post it or message me ,thanks

This one is from a few weeks ago. I'm going to add more every Monday (except for this Monday cause I'll be on vacation)

Back