SBS comparison of the last decade - Aldo vs Max vs Conor

What comes after and how do you decide the measures of those components?
You’re arguing with someone who is confirming their bias by a criteria they invented. You won’t get an intellectual discussion.

Beating the previous p4p #1 and goat of the division in a head to head twice in a row is worth a lot more than Aldo beating guys like Hominick, Gamburyan, faber, zombie etc.

With that said the two mendes and two Frankie wins are marque....however Aldo has shown that against the best strikers in the division he loses (Conor and max)

Does it matter that Conor win vs Aldo was a complete fluke and also he had a win over a green Holloway ? if you wanna pull out the ACL tear excuse max broke his ankle too in the first round . Also Siver , Brimmage , Brandao are nothing near tough competition.
Don’t be a complete hater. I know since Conor lost to khabib, people on here like to act like he was never good, but that fight was not a fluke. Also, max had more fights, and more in the ufc then Conor when they fought so calling him green but not Conor isn’t right. I’m not calling Conor the fw goat or anything since he would much to do to take that crown, but his fw run in the ufc was pretty impressive when it’s topped off by dethroning Aldo.

Didn't say that but keep pretending. Doesn't matter how much wall of text you put, having a guy who has ZERO title defences in the same convo as someone who has NINE is crap and you know that.

it would be crap if it weren’t for the fact that Conor dusted Jose and arguably Jose’s highest quality win, back to back.. and also holds a win over the man who dusted Jose back to back...

it would be crap if it weren’t for the fact that Conor dusted Jose and arguably Jose’s highest quality win, back to back.. and also holds a win over the man who dusted Jose back to back...
13 seconds doesn't define a goat no matter how you put it. If he comes back and beats Max and Aldo again then defends against Tcity/Mendez/Frankie then I will call Conor the GOAT and will send you $100 in Bitcoin and delete my account. Screen shot this mate.

Didn't say that but keep pretending. Doesn't matter how much wall of text you put, having a guy who has ZERO title defences in the same convo as someone who has NINE is crap and you know that.
At least we know why you are butthurt now.

Exactly. Quality over quantity to an extent. If Max defends a couple more times then he will surpass Aldo as he has beaten him twice. If Conor came and beat Max for the title, defended against Aldo, Tcity, Frankie and Mendez then he would be in the running. At this stage Aldo is FW king.
This is funny cause I completely agree with you, but looking at it, he would have to come back and beat a bunch of guys he already beat apart from Edgar and Ortega, to be considered fw goat.

This is funny cause I completely agree with you, but looking at it, he would have to come back and beat a bunch of guys he already beat apart from Edgar and Ortega, to be considered fw goat.
Well fighters get better and a 10 year dominate champ to have a bad 13 seconds doesn't count out an entire career. The UFC treated Aldo worse than any other sports person in history. If Conor practiced what he preaches he would give him a rematch.

How about if conor comes back, beats Holloway to reclaim his title then defends against Aldo before moving back up to be killed by Khabib again or T Ferg if he beats Khabib in the short term.
13 seconds doesn't define a goat no matter how you put it. If he comes back and beats Max and Aldo again then defends against Tcity/Mendez/Frankie then I will call Conor the GOAT and will send you $100 in Bitcoin and delete my account. Screen shot this mate.

In my opinion????

giphy.gif

lol... and I’m saying that your opinion clearly shows inconsistency and that’s okay, it’s just your opinion and it doesn’t have to be based on logic... but it should.

I agree with this, the only thing i would add is if you remove PED cheats you get DC at LHW and an asterisk at MW.
Fair or unfair I will always say Andy is GOAT
lol... and I’m saying that your opinion clearly shows inconsistency and that’s okay, it’s just your opinion and it doesn’t have to be based on logic... but it should.
I get what your saying, but you're judging my opinion on results. Prime BJ was untouchable.

Also you look at the greats. Fedor fought Nog more than once. Gsp fought BJ more than once, Silva fought Franklin/Chael more than once. Jones(on the juice) fought DC, TJ fought Cody etc. There is no doubt they are better. Conor has wanted one rematch in Nate that he has a loss to. How Aldo wasn't given an immediate rematch is beyond all that has ever happened.

Don’t be a complete hater. I know since Conor lost to khabib, people on here like to act like he was never good, but that fight was not a fluke. Also, max had more fights, and more in the ufc then Conor when they fought so calling him green but not Conor isn’t right. I’m not calling Conor the fw goat or anything since he would much to do to take that crown, but his fw run in the ufc was pretty impressive when it’s topped off by dethroning Aldo.

Listen to the man, people.

Conor has 4 losses (not counting the beatdown from Floyd).

@Shaddows

Sorry, but that's not good judgement.
Conor won 3 round fights. Aldo fought 5 round fights.

Conor consistently didn’t need 3 rounds to win. Aldo consistently needed 5.

Aldo had to beat Cub Swanson to get a title shot.
Conor beat Siver, who was #13 in the rankings when he signed the bout agreement to fight Conor He immediately he jumped to #10, and a win over Siver gave Conor a title shot.

That’s just disingenuous and you know it. Siver was just a little cherry on top, Conor was already getting the title shot.

Conor was active while Aldo was not....
That's a myth. Aldo fought 5 times in one year before becoming the champion, a thing Conor never did.
Aldo fought 4 times a year, with the 4th fight being for the WEC belt. That was more active than Conor, who fought 3 times a year before getting the belt( and we've seen how active Conor was as a champion).
Bottom line, when climbing up the ladder, most fighters are a lot more active than the champion. Blaming Aldo for not fighting as much as Conor (while Conor was not the champ) is asinine and misleading.

Not sure who you’re addressing as I’ve never seen anyone make this claim. Do that stats I provided exhibit this? If so, I honestly hadn’t noticed.

And in all other categories, Aldo beats Max. And Max himself noted Aldo is GOAT.

I’m lost, what categories?
Max is being humble and paying respect, very GOAT-like qualities wouldn’t you agree?
;)

He is young, he has a lot of time.
But putting all stakes on a hungry and young Max beating a slowing down Aldo? That's obviously so wrong Max himself disagrees with you.

So by your assertion Aldo was “slowing down” when he fought Max even though he was up to speed for Edgar? Was he “slowing down” when Conor slept him?

Look, I am not saying Max won't surpass Aldo.
But comparing anyone NOT a champion with a champion, the comparison are skewed.
Lat that person become a champion, THEN compare their run while at the top.

I don’t agree that you have to wait until someone becomes a champion especially when that someone is fighting a lot of the same guys as the champion.

Because if Max would stop fighting TODAY, Aldo is still far ahead of him as the GOAT of FW division. And that is the bottom line.
(I mean, just look at Cain! At one point, he was lauded as GOAT... then he never fought again. Anyone picking him over Fedor? I don't think so...
but if he would have continued his reign? Then possibly he would have surpassed Fedor by now.

But bottom line, he did not. and that is what counts.

Many still think that Cain was/is the HW GOAT and I’m one of those people. DC is one of those people, Rogan is one of those people...
Here’s to hoping he does return in 2019 and gives some clarification on the matter.

When I consider the GOAT of a weight class, imo the key to the formula is to have the candidates face each other and see who wins. That is rare, to be able to have them face each other but in the case of FW we’ve been blessed as fans. We will never see Cain vs Fedor so all we can do is speculate but with FW, we don’t have to. Of course you have to weigh body of work into the equation and that’s why this matter is up for debate... and IT IS up for debate.

Last edited:
Ive always loved Silva and was a huge fan during his reign but i recognize reality, he cheated, as did Jon Jones. That puts an asterisk next to their accomplishments.
Imo

Potential GOAT list w/PEDs
Fedor
J.J.
A. Silva
GSP
DC

Potential GOAT list w/o PEDs

Fedor
DC
GSP

If you break it down by weight class like you did i agree whole heartedly with Aldo, Penn,etc.

Fact of the matter is Jon Jones and Anderson Silva will always be on the great fighters list but they come with a question: how much did the roids help?

Its just like Barry Bonds and Mark McGwire or Lance Armstrong. What they did is amazing but the fact they needed help to do it makes everything...questionable.

Fair or unfair I will always say Andy is GOAT

I get what your saying, but you're judging my opinion on results. Prime BJ was untouchable.

Back