SBG BJJ coach Dillon Danis loses in FIRST ROUND at ADCC

Misleading thread title. People used to get banned for much less than this.

What actually happened: "Ryan and Danis’ match went into overtime, and Ryan was given the decision after taking his opponent’s back even though he didn’t manage to get hooks in."

Gordon Ryan is one of BJJ's GOATS, and he barely edged past future Bellator and UFC champion Dillon Danis.

Pretty sad that people hate Conor so much they're taking joy in his BJJ coach losing lol

These guys fight/grapple against the best in the world and sometimes they lose. I figured we were all aware of that by now.

He lost to Gordon Ryan, you knob. And it was a really close match. Gordon is perhaps the biggest stud on the no-gi scene right now. Get back in your lane, you goof.

He lost at what is basically the olympics of grappling, so another way of putting it is that Conor's BJJ coach is so good that he was able to compete in the highest level tournament possible.

You do realise how good you have to be to get to ADCC in the first place, right?

Oh absolutely agreed, to get to ADCC is a feat all on its own, which is why I don't feel bad having a little laugh at someone who is so focused on talking about being the best taking a loss.

The dude is hardly a failure, but overly cocky dudes being knocked down a peg or two on occasion can be pretty funny.

Ryan ended winning the whole damn thing, submitting Keenan Cornelius in the final, which just further makes TS look stupid.

Lost to a great grappler. Why is this a humiliation?

Amazed at the number of people in this thread defending Danis like he's actually accomplished something.

When you talk as much shit as he does, being a top 100 BJJ guy in the world isn't anything to be proud of.

Can someone remind me why he hasn't made his "long-awaited" MMA debut after stating adamantly that he would beat Rory and Khabib easily?

No, we're saying it's beyond moronic to criticize him for losing a close match to Gordon freaking Ryan. There's plenty of valid shit to criticize him on: His goofy ass hair and getting booted out of Marcelo's come to mind. Losing a refs decision to Gordon Ryan isn't one. In fact he deserves props for that. Gordon ran through everyone else in the tourney, including Romulo Barral and Keenan Cornelius, like a hot knife through butter.

Ryan is a beast. He beat Yuri Simoes at EBI. Danis should have lost. Who does he even train with? I said he was going to crash and burn when he got kicked out of Marcelos and everyone said he didn't need Marcelo. Lmao.

He lost to Gordon Ryan, you knob. And it was a really close match. Gordon is perhaps the biggest stud on the no-gi scene right now. Get back in your lane, you goof.

He legit has the worst tattoo's I've seen since Conor.

Mackenzi Dern also lost in the first round. They both need to choose occupation and put all their focus into it. It's either MMA full time, or Ju Jitsu. Can't be both. .

<Fedor23>

shit happens. sometimes you win sometimes you lose. at least he tried, at least he competed

i'm sorry mcgregor ko'd your boy hosay into the living death but it's time to get over it. you mcgregor haters make luke rocksalt look sodium free
Hahaha talking about jose aldo in a dillon danis thread nice one man...?

Who does he train with now that Marcelo got rid of him

So much butthurt in this thread.....if you're gonna act like Conor and then get your butt whooped then you deserve to get laughed at.

Fun

That guy is a legit tard

He looks like that gay conservative guy, Milo somethingapopulis, dyed blond hair, big sunglasses inside

Maybe he'll get a life now

Winz & loses happen at the apex of any sport. Lets not pretend he's no good

Main Achievements:

• IBJJF World Champion (2014 brown)
  • UAEJJF Abu Dhabi World Pro Champion (2014 brown)
  • IBJJF World No-Gi Champion (2014** brown)
  • IBJJF Pan American Champion (2014**/2013 brown)
  • IBJJF Pan American No-Gi Champion (2016** black, 2014**/2013 brown)
  • IBJJF New York Summer Open Champion (2014** brown)
  • IBJJF New York Spring Open Champion (2016** black, 2015* brown)
  • IBJJF Boca Raton International Open Champion (2015 black)
  • IBJJF New York Spring Open 2nd Place (2015 brown)
  • IBJJF Pan American No-Gi Championship 3rd Place (2013* brown, 2012 purple)
* Absolute (open weight) division
* Absolute and weight divisions

I thought Danis was going to smoke people on the grappling scene, but I am yet to see it.

People who don't understand anything about jiu jitsu in the YOU EFF SEE forum, not surprised.

Oh no, he lost a decision to the guy who went on to win the bracket.

<Fedor23>

shit happens. sometimes you win sometimes you lose. at least he tried, at least he competed

i'm sorry mcgregor ko'd your boy hosay into the living death but it's time to get over it. you mcgregor haters make luke rocksalt look sodium free
I have no problem with McG but Danis is a full on douche nozzle.

Back