SBBC: What happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hawking was born on the 300th anniversary of galileos death

He died on the 136th anniversary of einsteins birth

Hawking was born on the 300th anniversary of galileos death

He died on the 136th anniversary of einsteins birth
Aliens.jpg

Last year I ended up buying A Brief History of Time for 50 cents at a library used book store in great condition. Good Stephen Hawking book for the layman such as myself.

Last year I ended up buying A Brief History of Time for 50 cents at a library used book store in great condition. Good Stephen Hawking book for the layman such as myself.
I remember reading that book in college. I was doing great until the quantum theory stuff. At that point I realized there was no way I was going to be a physicist. I ultimately grasped most of it, but if that's just the basics for idiots like me, NOPE.

I remember reading that book in college. I was doing great until the quantum theory stuff. At that point I realized there was no way I was going to be a physicist. I ultimately grasped most of it, but if that's just the basics for idiots like me, NOPE.
I loved AP physics in high school.

Then I tried to take a 200 level course in college... PRETTY sure I withdrew week 3 as it felt like my brain was melting.

Same here. In fact, I forgot a lot of it. Haha. I might have to do another read-through.

For as smart as Hawking was (RIP) I always found his "goal" a bit obtuse.

"My goal is simple, a complete understanding of the universe and why it is as it is and why it exists at all"

Ok, you just want to become God, good luck on that one buddy. Well, maybe in death he finally accomplished that goal, back to being one with the ether.

Bought the nature of things by lucretius

On the topic of physics, I watched Alien Covenant on my flight today.

First of all, I want that 2hrs of my life back. Secondly, I guess no one who worked on that movie took even high school physics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back