SBBC: Thank God we still have Champ. Crushed by glass is a bad way to go.

Two man lift next time?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the one I grabbed and it was on sale for $560 at Target.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsun...rt-4k-uhd-tv-with-hdr/6200116.p?skuId=6200116

I remember 10 years ago buying 19" Flat screen LED TV for $300 and 5 or 6 years ago buying a 40" inch LED for $300.

So $560 for a 55" 4K, curved, smart TV seemed like a pretty good deal. I wanted the curve more than anything.

I don't even think you can get a Curved TV that isn't a Smart TV

I bought an NEC medical grade LCD monitor for my home computer in 2003 and it was $1600. LOL. We did a complete renovation of a house we bought in 2006 and I bought a 50" panasonic plasma ($2500) and a $1500 Samsung 32" LCD for teh exercise room --- in 2006 dollars!?!?!

TBT the 50" plasma was great up until OLED prices dropped from insane levels. The color gamut of Plasma is hard to beat. Too bad you have to completely re-engineer the panel every time a video standard or screen size changes, and that Lehman bros collapsed.

same here. must have been around that time I paid 1400 for a 50" sony vaio with a soundbar. still works great but
technology has without a doubt improved. also, when I replaced the appliances in my house, which had lasted over 20 years, the sales guys said 'dont expect these new things to last that long. they're designed to go about 10 before failing.'
great.
no doubt, I bought a 40" Sony Bravia in 09 right when I got to Germany (it was the largest I could fit in my car, those boxes used to be huge) and it's still going strong in my kid's room at his Mom's house

The TVs, to be honest, aren't really THAT much better than a few years back for a few reasons. 4K apparently isn't even noticeable for TVs less then 50", all the extra options like motion smoothing and dynamic contrast shouldn't be turned on in the first place (especially for gaming as it causes major input lag, or for sports as it's too fast moving to fill in those spaces/frames) as they also generally effect the framerate. The only 'extra' option I even use is full RGB color scale for video games which is just added extra shades of white/black tbh. I have gone in and set the 12 point grayscale settings tho

my ex gf is currently borrowing my old Panasonic for the same reason
She has a 55" 4k LG, but the cheaper one, and it just flat out stopped working after about a year

I paid 1100 for that 42" Viera LED in 2011, still works like brand new. I think there is legitimately something to Planned Obsolescence being a real thing now
I'm going to save and get one of the QLED Samsung's that MSRP around $1100 right now when the new models start showing up for Xmas and the older ones go on sale I think. I have a sony LED TV that's still going strong after like 10 years. Only issue is it's only 720p which once you get used to 4K is good but just isn't the same.

no doubt, I bought a 40" Sony Bravia in 09 right when I got to Germany (it was the largest I could fit in my car, those boxes used to be huge) and it's still going strong in my kid's room at his Mom's house

The TVs, to be honest, aren't really THAT much better than a few years back for a few reasons. 4K apparently isn't even noticeable for TVs less then 50", all the extra options like motion smoothing and dynamic contrast shouldn't be turned on in the first place (especially for gaming as it causes major input lag, or for sports as it's too fast moving to fill in those spaces/frames) as they also generally effect the framerate. The only 'extra' option I even use is full RGB color scale for video games which is just added extra shades of white/black tbh. I have gone in and set the 12 point grayscale settings tho

Watchmen on 4k HDR Ultra Blu-ray on an OLED tv is ridiculous.

Watchmen on 4k HDR Ultra Blu-ray on an OLED tv is ridiculous.
oh no doubt, my only concern w/ HDR and 4k products is generally the lack of things offered (although the streaming and older movies are being released in it more often)

If you have it setup right, it does look great. Most people, however, never even change the settings out the box so it's still on Display mode w/ 'vivid color', dynamic contrast, and all the other stuff turned on. Everytime I go to someone's house for the first time, it's one of the first things I notice haha

Some of these newer video games that use HDR (4k isn't really there yet on consoles, PC sure) do look pretty damn amazing too

I have been using rokus for almost 10 yrs and have had every generation of chromecast but I have to admit the Google home integrated LG OLED tv is pretty slick.

I also get good use out of my slingbox.

Is there anything it does that the roku/chromecast doesn't do? I have an older Smart TV so maybe that is what is driving my opinion. Just seems like all the apps run better on Chromecast.

Moving only sucks if you've got a lot of crap. The less you have, the less painful it will be. i'm getting a bin in my driveway next week to throw crap out. Purge time.
I don’t have too many possessions but I have a home gym (squat rack, Olympic bench, floor mats, bumper plates, dumbbells, the whole nine). That will never not suck to move but I don’t think I could live without it.

I don’t have too many possessions but I have a home gym (squat rack, Olympic bench, floor mats, bumper plates, dumbbells, the whole nine). That will never not suck to move but I don’t think I could live without it.
Sounds like moving all of that shit would give you a good workout.

RjeOl29.gif

godamn you senri

Ha - I'm the same way (and just taking a break between sets). I'll just leave it when I move and buy another one. Too much of a hassle to take apart and move.

Is there anything it does that the roku/chromecast doesn't do? I have an older Smart TV so maybe that is what is driving my opinion. Just seems like all the apps run better on Chromecast.

One remote. Simple integration. They offer a bunch of additional channels. It's just one less box, and power supply to maintain. If you're used to chromecast, just stick with it. Can't beat the value of chromecast and it's hackability.

Ya mad backwards cunt. Rofl. Wonder how much blow Canner did today.

Cant wait till connor gives up his back after the second round. No doubt in my mind that if khabib wanted to he could undress Connor and rape him in front of a sell out irish crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back