SBBC: Thank God we still have Champ. Crushed by glass is a bad way to go.

Two man lift next time?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just as a follow up, i can't wait to move to a small place and get rid of 80% of my crap. 600 - 900sqft + a storage shed for sports equipment and I'm good.

I'm seriously thinking of buying a (2) shipping container home in the next couple of years to start experimenting with small living.

This place seems like enough.

374993.jpg

Moving only sucks if you've got a lot of crap. The less you have, the less painful it will be. i'm getting a bin in my driveway next week to throw crap out. Purge time.

It's surprising how much crap you can accumulate in a one bedroom apartment.

I also got resistance in the purge. She kept saying "We can donate that...."

Bitch, we have to take it to a donation center which is almost as difficult at moving it to the new spot.

Also the couch I originally bought didn't fit so we went back to the furniture store on Saturday to get a sectional and of course they were sold out the one she wants so we have 2 chairs and a blowup mattress in our living room for the next couple of weeks until the new couch comes.

The only plus side is I got to upgrade our TV with a 55inch, curved, 4K Samsung Smart TV

Just as a follow up, i can't wait to move to a small place and get rid of 80% of my crap. 600 - 900sqft + a storage shed for sports equipment and I'm good.

I'm seriously thinking of buying a (2) shipping container home in the next couple of years to start experimenting with small living.

This place seems like enough.

374993.jpg

I'm guessing your a fan of that show Tiny Homes?

Bitch, we have to take it to a donation center which is almost as difficult at moving it to the new spot.

Also the couch I originally bought didn't fit so we went back to the furniture store on Saturday to get a sectional and of course they were sold out the one she wants so we have 2 chairs and a blowup mattress in our living room for the next couple of weeks until the new couch comes.

The only plus side is I got to upgrade our TV with a 55inch, curved, 4K Samsung Smart TV

LOL - I sold a place last year (that i had for work), and threw out a shit load of stuff. I only brought to our larger house the 'good stuff'. I have an entire garage full of stuff that either needs to be sold or donated or trashed. The bin is coming in one week.

TVs are a real hassle. We have 3 LCDs and one plasma. I might just leave them with the house (except for the OLED 65") if we sell it.

That sucks. Here they come and pick up the shit you want to donate.

How do you like the smart TVs? The only one I've bought I can't stand. It seems like adding the 'smart' piece is just one more thing that can break. For the rest of our TV's, we just plug in a Roku (or whatever brand you want). That way if something breaks (never had a roku break in the 5+ years I've been using them) we're just replacing the component. But maybe we just got unlucky with a lemon on our smart TV.

How do you like the smart TVs? The only one I've bought I can't stand. It seems like adding the 'smart' piece is just one more thing that can break. For the rest of our TV's, we just plug in a Roku (or whatever brand you want). That way if something breaks (never had a roku break in the 5+ years I've been using them) we're just replacing the component. But maybe we just got unlucky with a lemon on our smart TV.

I'm loving it so far. Had a chromecast on our last TV and this is much better imo

first time taking lil man to school today (or even having him spend the night on a school night).

Went pretty damn well, negating the fact I forgot how to comb hair since i'm in full on Statham mode

first time taking lil man to school today (or even having him spend the night on a school night).

Went pretty damn well, negating the fact I forgot how to comb hair since i'm in full on Statham mode
Me to man. Me too.

Roku/Chromecast/any external media devices have made Smart TVs obsolete imo.

My older Panasonic Viera is 'smart' but it's not WiFi so needs an Ethernet connection. I just have a smart BluRay player w/ wifi plugged in to solve that problem. My kid's TV has a Firestick. My main TV I run everything through the Xbone and AVR for 5.1

Smart tv's are the way to go.
I love the one I had but the damn backlights in it kept burning out. It was an LG that I got for like $350 from Best Buy so it wasn't a top of the line TV and I ended up spending close to that amount fixing it three times that when it broke the 4th time I said fuck it and used it to hold my targets when I went shooting at the gravel pit the last time I went.

This is the one I grabbed and it was on sale for $560 at Target.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsun...rt-4k-uhd-tv-with-hdr/6200116.p?skuId=6200116

I remember 10 years ago buying 19" Flat screen LED TV for $300 and 5 or 6 years ago buying a 40" inch LED for $300.

So $560 for a 55" 4K, curved, smart TV seemed like a pretty good deal. I wanted the curve more than anything.

I don't even think you can get a Curved TV that isn't a Smart TV

I love the one I had but the damn backlights in it kept burning out. It was an LG that I got for like $350 from Best Buy so it wasn't a top of the line TV and I ended up spending close to that amount fixing it three times that when it broke the 4th time I said fuck it and used it to hold my targets when I went shooting at the gravel pit the last time I went.
my ex gf is currently borrowing my old Panasonic for the same reason
She has a 55" 4k LG, but the cheaper one, and it just flat out stopped working after about a year

I paid 1100 for that 42" Viera LED in 2011, still works like brand new. I think there is legitimately something to Planned Obsolescence being a real thing now

I bought a toshiba with GOATcast on it for like $400 last year and that’s one of the better investments I’ve made in the last couple years. Can even stream fights and games on it.

I paid 1100 for that 42" Viera LED in 2011, still works like brand new. I think there is legitimately something to Planned Obsolescence being a real thing now

same here. must have been around that time I paid 1400 for a 50" sony vaio with a soundbar. still works great but
technology has without a doubt improved. also, when I replaced the appliances in my house, which had lasted over 20 years, the sales guys said 'dont expect these new things to last that long. they're designed to go about 10 before failing.'
great.

Roku/Chromecast/any external media devices have made Smart TVs obsolete imo.

I have been using rokus for almost 10 yrs and have had every generation of chromecast but I have to admit the Google home integrated LG OLED tv is pretty slick.

I also get good use out of my slingbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back