::SBBC:: Personal Goals for 2018

What Are Your Goals For 2018?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol that guys a fucking douchebag

Meh - give him a break. It ain't easy pimpin' in your 30s from your mom's basement.

It just cracks me up how people get triggered over movie roles, race, and gender. The outrage over the new star wars movies having more women and minorities is bewildering (to me at least). What exactly are these people thinking? "Damn, they put two women, an Asian and a black guy in the movie and ruined the franchise!!".

To quote Gunther: "what in the actual fuck?".

There are a lot of reasons to tear into the latest Star Wars film, the sex/race of the characters isn't any of them. Make then all white men, and you would still have a movie with a giant pile of glaring issues. It's pretty sad when the last movie is making the prequals look good in comparison.

There are a lot of reasons to tear into the latest Star Wars film, the sex/race of the characters isn't any of them. Make then all white men, and you would still have a movie with a giant pile of glaring issues. It's pretty sad when the last movie is making the prequals look good in comparison.

The last movie had me scratching my head but I ain't shook over it. The prequels were atrocious. I was never a Star Wars nerd so i don't give a shit but my kids wanted to see them. The first one was annoying, I have no clue what happened in the second one and the third one was laughable. The last two + Rogue One were much better than those three previous abortions.

Last edited:
I still cant figure out why SW is so huge, yet the other lucasfilm property Willow is barely remembered by many

Wtf son

this Ester Ledecká women's GS win at the olympics is mind blowing.

I still cant figure out why SW is so huge, yet the other lucasfilm property Willow is barely remembered by many

Wtf son

What is there to understand. SciFi basically sucked before Star Wars - except for 2001 which was high art - and it created a genre with mass of nerds and fan boys to follow it.

I'd say it was more Star Wars turned the sci-fi genre on its head and did it with style. People seem to forget that the guys working on that movie invented new technology and techniques of filming to make it all happen, combine that with an amazing musical score and a story that hints at something much larger and you have a hit on your hands. Before Star Wars science fiction was mostly schlock like Rollerball and Logans Run, low budget one offs that barely anyone remembers.

Wtf son

I have it on VHS and DVD, and the novel for it somewhere. I love that movie.

Logan's Run was decent.
so was The Time Machine and Journey to the Center of the Earth

as a kid, watching Jason and the Argonauts, I was transfixed with the skeletons (not surprising I guess)

Ray Harryhausen was a pioneer in animated stuff like this.

I could never get into Logans Run for some reason. Black Hole, Journey to the center of the earth, hell even Flash Gordon for osme reason I was able to enjoy. But not Logans Run.

The guy just seems like the biggest loser in the world. He somehow always has time to watch all of these movies, so he clearly doesn't have a job or any kind of social life. He's just such a loser that the only thing clings to with any pride is his whiteness, which tells you a lot about him.

He's supposedly not even white lol, claims to be Mexican. Also claims to be in "film school" lmfao

I wanna know what "film schools" are using as course material the bullshit movies he's always starting threads about

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back